August 29, 2014 | 925 users online

Skincare - Face - Alaffia - All Products

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by 808muse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pure, unrefined Neem oil ( Azadirachta indica) in a 24 ml jar, no frills packaging: $7
"Neem oil has excellent anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, and
antifungal properties. Hand extracted from wild-harvested neem seeds. Unrefined for maximum effectiveness. 10% of our sales fund enhancement projects in our Togolese communities."
I was browsing my local Whole Foods looking for a facial moisturizer for my extremely sensitive acne-prone winter skin. I've been experimenting with Jojoba oil with "meh" results and needed something with the anti-inflammatory/fungal properties of tea-tree without the drying factor. The Neem oil works wonders...and trust- being oily,has always made me extremely fearful of adding more oils. The downside is that this stuff stinks to high hell. The garlicky smell doesn't really fade overnight and it looks like yellow lard in the jar. That being said, just a teensy bit of this stinky wonder melted onto your fingertips and slathered all over your face seriously moisturizes.
My daily routine consists of:
AM- Tea tree oil cleanser + 10% glycolic toner + Neutrogena Healthy Skin Moisturizer + Physicians Formula SPF 50 Healthy Wear Powder
PM- Tea Tree oil Cleanser + 10% glycolic toner + Alpha Hydrox Retinol Night ResQ (let set for 10 minutes) + Jason Ester-C Creme (alternating nights) Alaffia Neem oil
***I've been alternating my nightly moisturizer with Neem Oil for about 3 months and have unexpectedly great results. My pores are clearer, and have dewier skin on mornings after neem oil. I had the courage to use it even during the monthly hormonal breakout and it actually helped clear up the cystic pimples with a 3-day faster healing time than normal. For $7, a necessary buy.