MAC Spice is Nice

4.3

on 9/26/2012 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am pleasantly surprised by thos.

I was looking at nude/ pink lipsticks at MAC and not sure why I even looked or swatched this. I never ever wear browns but because there was the mention of spice I was wondering if there was any similarity to the l/l. There was not BUT actually it was quite a wearable. I probably woukd wear it with minimal colour elsewhere.

I dont see any red its a a mid - dark brown which is slightly sheer which is probably why i like it.

As ts not someting i would wear on a regualr basis I dont think i woukd finish it and therefore not purchase.

on 8/24/2012 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the perfect lipstick on me - a subtle spicy brown with a hint of brick red. It isn't a straight-up brown, more of an auburn spice color. I agree with whoever called it a "daytime red." I have auburn hair, fair skin with freckles, and brown eyes, and this color is perfect for me. Staying power is decent, and the cremesheen formula doesn't feel drying after a couple of hours. Very nice, and I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/18/2012 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this product because my lips are very pigmented and this gives me the look of "My Lips but Better." Very flattering on different skin tones and moisturizing.

on 11/18/2011 1:42:00 AM

This is a perfect color for me! It's a nice red-brown color on my lips. A daytime red as I would call it. The texture is great, I really love the cremesheen finish. It's moisturising, but it doesn't glide of my lips like the lustre finish does! Much better imo.

on 12/3/2010 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This lipstick just didnt work for me. It's something my mother would wear. I stay away from brown lipsticks because they make me look too old imo.
It does have a very creamy texture and does not dry out my lips and it does not last long on me---the most about a hour and then just disappears.
I am not impressed with this shade of lipstick or the wear time however i am impressed with the texture.

I wont be repurcasing this product again.

on 11/9/2010 7:43:00 PM

This is my first outing with MAC lipstick and I am in LURVE! Great color for me. It's good for when I'm wearing greens, browns or khakis and can't wear my usual deep rose tones. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry my lips like so many intensely pigmented lipsticks do.

I am NC20 and this shade appears like a dark redish brown on me. I expected it to be more sheer and it is not hydrating enough. The lasting power is decent and it has a nice sheen to it. I think it would look quite nice on a darker skinned girl.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Spice is Nice is a brownish/red color. It's like a slightly muted version of Polished Up l/s. I really love it since it's like a nude shade on MY pigmented lips. It's a Cremesheen, so it's very moisturizing.

Popular Lipsticks