Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

4.3

on 5/24/2015 6:56:00 PM

I've never purchased Chanel before because of the price and because I never liked any of the original Chanel's. But I tried Chance Eau Tendre just for fun while at the fragrance counter. I liked it. A lot. Even though it was terribly expensive, I bought the Eau Toilette and the corresponding body lotion. Happy early birthday to me. :-) This is an amazing fragrance. It's light but seems to have staying power. I could smell it the next morning. I couldn't smell it a lot, but it was there. I layered the samples I tried so perhaps that helped. I smell fruitiness, floral (especially Lily of the Valley) and even vanilla in this scent with slight musk added. That may not be the "ingredients" at all but it's what my nose detects. Usually vanilla is a fragrance I save for winter. But this is light enough, it works. This fragrance is fresh and clean smelling as well without leaning towards that "soapy" smell. I consider this a delightful and pleasant scent for ANY age. I plan on wearing it during the day when lighter scents are more appropriate. I recommend this.

on 3/22/2015 10:51:00 PM

I love this fragrance. I always held back because of the price, but I finally relented when my Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh ran out.
I'm not sure why it's considered a "young" fragrance. Even if I were in my 60's I would wear this. Why do old people and young people have to smell different, anyway?? Shouldn't everyone, regardless of age, smell "pretty"?
The sales lady told me "men love this", and of course I fell for it, LOL

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite scents of all time. It's the perfect every day scent that just goes with everything. If I could assign one word to the scent it'd be spring: light, delicate flowers intermingled with fruit. I can't pick out any one note, but it's a fruity floral that's non-offensive and perfect for work or even a date night. While it is a pretty, girly scent, it's sophisticated enough for mature women to enjoy. Took a lippie off for the high price tag and mediocre lasting power (last days on clothes but only hours on the skin), but I'd still repurchase.

I had no problem with sillage or longevity--honestly it lasted quite some time on me and smelled great all day. My whole issue I had with this scent is that it's a bit soapy and generic. I liked it better from the sample I had, once I had a full bottle I realized this was nothing special. It is likable, but not lovable. A big clean burst of citrus in the opening, followed by hyacinth and musk on my skin...and a tiny bit of amber in the drydown. It stays very fresh, friendly, and bright the entire time---it is inoffensive and to me, very Elle Woods, sorority-girl, bubbly pink. I think someone will give it a good home, but I just don't see myself reaching for it.
(crosspost)

on 10/31/2014 5:07:00 PM

This is really great for the office and every day life, running errands and church. Feminine, fresh, clean, pretty- who doesn't like it? I truly enjoy it but it is not quite original enough to be "my "scent.....so I would probably not wear it on vacation or around the house. I do love it, but it expresses the public me, not the private me. Unlikely I would repurchase as I am in my 50's and don't expect to run out of it. Retirement will see me wearing bolder fragrances.

on 10/18/2014 12:38:00 PM

LOVE IT!!! To me, the scent is comforting. A bit pricy but worth it! I get compliments everyday. Yes, i wear it everyday. It's a perfect daytime use perfume, not too strong. the smell tends to stay longer on my clothes. My signature scent.

on 10/10/2014 10:06:00 PM

I love the smell of this perfume! It also lasts and its not one of those perfumes you have to reapply every hour. This and Prada Candy are 2 of my fav perfumes

on 10/6/2014 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am on my second bottle already of this amazing stuff, and I can't get enough of it!
My husband bought me a set of the 200ml + a 20ml mini purse roll up perfume, and I am so glad he did. I really enjoy the longevity of this scent and whenever I wear it it makes me feel happy. It's an everyday scent for me and whenever I wear it I get compliment. I just love it!

on 10/2/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all let me say that I'm confused as to why this is thought of as a fragrance for young women! Just because it's light and fresh doesn't make it only for teens or 20-somethings - it's great for hot sticky weather. Lovely, airy fresh semi realistic floral but not suffocating at all. "Pretty" has never been so true. Sorry to say that that, and the great bottle, is about all I can say good about it. The lasting power is just horrible and Chanel should be ashamed of using such a poor formulation and charging so much for it. If it lasted beyond 2 hrs I would rate this my favorite summer scent of all time but as it is I won't be repurchasing. So very sad. FYI - I have tested the similar fragrances (Marc Jacobs Daisy, one of the Vince Camuto's) and they are only similar at first but dry down in a harsher way (to me at least).

on 8/27/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

One cannot deny it smells very pretty, fresh. It is adorable, but in my opinion , better for the young, I can see it being the perfect first perfume for a young girl..it is rather light, very springlike, and seems anybody can wear it..so in the end, it becomes a bit boring, and longevity being poor, I don't think it is a scent worthy of all the raves!? In France where I am from, it isn't as popular as in North America for sone reason, because it is a fresh floral , rather simplistic, but real charming...
Nothing more.