October 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Fragrances - JAR- Diamond Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

There are few perfumes out there to the elite high of JAR perfumes. They are *perfumes* in every sense of the word from the little screw top bottles and the precious extrait inside . They are strange and unusual . You will never be told what's in the scents and it's sort of like JAR's policy not to reveal .I asked anyway but only got a smile.
Diamond Water was not love at first sniff- in fact and truthfully .... I thought it smelt like baby's vomit or something similar at first - in the opening . I recoiled somewhat.
I tested and tested Diamond Water for months and in the end concluded that there is carnation ,tuberose and coconut ,mint ...at the very least in the perfume. Diamond Water is a perfume with a real personality - dense and memorable.
Also I now appreciate the top notes - I think the smell of vomit I got is a sort of mint and coconut ....maybe. Anyhow I love Diamond Water now.
It is a very complex scent that lasts forever on my skin but with low projection. If I dab near my hairline- I get whiffs for a long time. It's a beauty - not an easy beauty to understand but a mysterious and drop dead gorgeous beauty . You will not smell another scent like this one and JAR perfumes have a kind JAR signature scent to them all .
Very very pricey - more pricey than even your pricey niche scents but if you really do love it and appreciate this scent or any of the other JARs....... I say go for it for you only live once. You will not smell like anyone else ....save perhaps another crazy perfumista with extra dollars saved for it and the savvy to know how/where to buy JARs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me rephrase: I -may- buy a sample of this again... It's definitely not FB worthy, especially at that price, and I have to agree with another reviewer that the snobbery of JAR is akin to Clive Christian in that the "ok" juices don't justify the price. However, that being said....
This is a very spicy carnation, similar to EL's Spellbound parfum on first application. It smells like a higher class version of that. (I used to wear that in middle school, it was one of my favorites, along with Youth Dew, lol).
Other than the "spicy carnation" description, there really isn't much more to be said about this perfume. It reeks of royalty and class, it is quite a perfect scent, really envelops you in warmth, and is quite enjoyable. To me, it is nearly a gourmand spicy carnation, as if carnations were baked into some sort of beautiful, cinnamony-clovey tart fresh out of the oven.

However, I would probably not even get a decant of this, because it really doesn't "grab" me at all.... even though it is extremely wearable and quite delicious. The middle notes do develop a certain creaminess, I don't get any coconut, as others have said, it's more like the texture of a very smooth custard.... probably some isolated scent molecules that are taken from something else (maybe even tuberose, without the tuberose smell, just the initial creaminess of the extract). There is definitely clove, perhaps cardamom, some pepper.....
Although it is womanly, it isn't too mature, but this is a serious, dressed-up perfume. The middle notes blend together beautifully, this is one of the best as far as design... however, the scent itself, while incredibly likeable, doesn't amaze me in any way.... I can't quite figure out why, but it does smell excellent. Maybe carnation and spice just isn't quite "me," lovely as it is..