September 16, 2014 | 1205 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Precision Purite Ideale T-Mat Shine Control

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by gchiu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For a long time, I have kept this product in the back of my drawer because it was such a challenge to it. I have large pores and a very shiny nose and chin. I do use mositurizer all over my face and sometimes primer on top. But whenever I would use this mattifier, even in minute quantities, it would cake or show up as a white patch. It was really annoying!! I could never apply my foundation on it properly without smearing it or whatever - it was simply a waste of money.

But now, I use a stippling brush for my foundation. I add a drop of the mattifier with my foundation and it's wonderful! My nose is not a grease pit after just an hour. Thank you stippling brush for allowing me to keep this awful mattifier. Now, the mattifier is working very well for me!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you have very oily skin I can't imagine that this would be a favorite. If, on the other hand, you have mature skin that tends to be more combination/dry with a bit of shine in the T-zone that you'd like to control, this may be a great product for you. I'm 45, although I don't mind using blotting linens (love Shiseido's), I don't love blot powder and have to use the blotting linen first anyway otherwise it cakes up around my nose. Plus, adding more powder doesn't always look that great particularly on 45 year old skin.This works really well on my skin. The consistency is thin, unlike most marrifying products which I see are more suitable for very oily and/or younger skin, it's not pasty or thick so it doesn't gunk up around my nose, this isn't overly mattifying either as in drying. So I neither dry out nor cake up from this product. Nothing is going to stop anyone from producing oil anyway, it's not a titatium shield. What it does is mattify without drying, it does allow me to go a few additional hours without blotting. It's the best I've found out there so far for my skin type and I think I've tried just about everything... and I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Farforah1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this breaks me ouut and close my tz pores. i think it should be body lotion for the fragrance not a face lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did nothing at all for my oily skin. It also pills if you put too much on. Worst Chanel purchase ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 7:20:00 AM More reviews by clink

This did nothing for me. My combination skin started shining again after 2 hours. and I felt it made my make up slide in my humid weather. And it's a really small tube for the high price. Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2007 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Elizabeth121

I really liked this product! Ok, the mattifying effect doesnt last forever but it lasts for quite a long time, and at least has minimised it somewhat hugely compared to what it would have been without it! I still think it's worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lady_wray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited about this product when I bought it. I don't know why I thought it would be so wonderful, I have only every owned Chanel No 5 and Coco Chanel, both perfumes... I think because of how much I love Chanel No 5, and because of Chanel's reputation, as well as the advertisements I had seen in magazines for other Chanel products from their Precision line, I must have somehow felt the small fortune I paid for it would be money very well spent. WRONG.

Dollar for dollar, ounce for ounce, I don't think I could be more dissapointed.

I have always had oily skin. Recently however, the sun damage I sustained as a kid, genetics, and my age, I can no longer deny that my skin is getting "OLD" looking. My pores are huge, I have a loss of firmness around my eyes, some small fine lines on my cheekbones, lines in my forehead, frown lines, and a loss of firmness on my neck. Keep in mind, I just turned 31, so I want to nip it in the bud, and try to contol the oil that was clogging my pores as well as keep my skin nourished and hydrated.

Well, because of my very very oily skin, large pores, blackheads, and monthly acne breakouts, I have not wanted to use a lotion or cream that will add any shine, oil, or grease. I have started wearing a moisturizer, and I like it, but it is sorta greasy, especially considering it is oil free. I had not expected it to be greasy, or, leave my face feeling 'coated'. It has everything I need for the day though; SPF 15, Moisture(albeit, too much), Retinol, AHA, and is made for people who have issues with thier pores. It is Neutrogena Pore Refining Moisturizer w/ spf 15- there are love things about it, unfortunately, I hate the way it leaves my face feeling coated, and hate that it seems to make my oily skin get shiney so fast, and it seems it is even shinier. I wear it under a make up with SPF 18, that is supposedly INFALLIABLE, which it is NOT, but it is oil free and supposedly stays put through out the day come oil slick or sweat; but, it doesn't and I have had many many other foundations far outperform it, many of them are the same brand! I just wonder if it would be so bad if I hadnt added the moisturizer. It is my color and it isn't totally horrible so I intend on using it up. In the meantime, I was hoping for a way to control the extra shine and oil.

I thought I had found it. This stuff works fine as a nice matte lotion that you wear alone, and that you can count on only working for an hour or so... Other than that, I hate it. I like that it is in a gel base and that it has no fragnrance(or very little), and I like that you can theoretically put it on under or OVER your foundation. I have had to use it over my foundation when I was missing my powder, and it worked well without removing my foundation, but in 30 minutes I was shiney.

Actually I did try it last week after cleansing and toning, because I was just inside doing housework. It kept me grease free for almost a whole hour.

The last stuff I tried for my shiney oily issue, was ProActive Daily Oil Control. I didnt think it worked well at all, and I didnt like that you were supposed to use it before any moisturizer, treatment, or foundation... This meant that it absorbed oil from my skin, but it did not absorb excess greasiness from moisturizer, sunscreen, etc. Plus, I felt like my AHA, Retinol, and/or BHA based treatments were not getting full access to my pores, seeing as there was a layer of startchy-ish stuff between my skin and my therapudic skin treatments/moisturizers.

So far, I hate to admit it, but the very best Shine Control that I have tried was MARY KAY. I didnt feel it lasted as long as they said it would, I didnt think it was easy to apply (too little would not work, too much would leave a white ashy film, and the white flaky film could appear streaky. Plus, it seemed to cake and cause my foundation to cake too. All that said; I would still buy the Mary Kay again before the Chanel. It would take practice to get the application just right for under make up with no caking. Last time I used it, it even seemed a little too drying too, which was odd.

See at my age, even as oily as I am, my skin still gets dyhydrated easily, so I need moisture, but not excess oil or grease.

If you are thinking about a shine controlling primer, save yourself the money and get the Mary Kay and some blotting papers. So far, that is the best combo I have found, but it is still not ideal and I am still searching. I am more hesitatnt to purchase high end dept store skin products, than ever now. I had experiences before that told me that they were not much better than drugstore are were inferior to most Dermatologist/Professional skin care lines. Now I am must convinced. I will save the Chanel counter for my fragrance needs.

I really am suprised Chanel put thier name on such a poor/average product. Even Biore and Neutrogena's oil contolling cleansers control more oil and for longer.

Now I am back on my quest for the perfectly hydrated, excess oil-less, perfect pored balance I crave. I will be as lost and confused as ever, and now weary because of the money I am already out because of my last purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purete Ideale Serum T-Mat Shine Control is the correct name first of all. :)
It is to be used underneath or over makeup to control oilies throughout the day and to instantly mattify the face. It works very well in instantly mattifying the area it's applied to, but stands up to the oilies only for a couple of hours at the most. PROS: It smells great, feels refreshing, doesn't disturb makeup if patted on gently, and a little goes a long way. CONS: Doesn't hold up for as long as I'd like, and is *way* overpriced. If I used this everyday, I'd go through it in a month easy. In my opinion, this product is more extravagant than anything. A matte powder or blotting sheet would be just as good or better in combatting oiliness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2006 7:49:00 AM More reviews by EyeCatcha

very good product, works and love how it works and smells! gives me such a very beautiful skin look and look, consistence and surface wise too. I love Chanel so much

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

Similar to clinique's pore minimiser product, this one only work for a while, soon after the shine will come out and looks worse than without it.