November 24, 2014 | 1696 users online

Moisturizers - Equate - Absolutely Beaming

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lifeismusic

At first when I bought this, I was disappointed. I initially bought it because it had an SPF and I'd had trouble finding a moisturizer with SPF that didn't irritate my skin (*cough* Olay *cough*). After researching the Aveeno version I thought this would be worth a shot. When I tried it, I loved the texture, but like other moisturizers before, my face started to sting. Ugh.

The good news is, after about two weeks, my skin started to get used to it and no more stinging. I've noticed my face definitely feels softer after using this and it doesn't feel greasy at all which is a HUGE plus. The texture is awesome; not too thin and not thick like a night cream.

For those with very sensitive skin or who have issues with fragrances, you may want to overlook this product. It does have a pretty strong scent, but it doesn't really bother me.

I also have to give it major props for the packaging. One pump is the perfect amount and it's super clean which makes me really happy.

It's definitely in my top 5 moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kimmykouture

So let me just start out by saying that I used to use the Cetaphil moisturizer on my face for about a year. I was running out of my moisturizer and I decided it was Time to try something different because Cetaphil usually left my face oily which I hated because my skin is oily on its own. I am also using topical ointments from my dermatologist to help with my acne breakouts which leaves my face really dry and flaky so I needed a great moisturizer. I've tried Aveeno products before and really liked them so I figured the facial moisturizer would be a good choice but I could not justify paying the prices for the moisturizer. Beside the Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer was the Walmart equate version for $10, $5 cheaper. I compared the ingredients in both products and finally decided to try the equate version because I was on a budget. By the way, the ingredients are exactly the same. So after about a month and a half of using this moisturizer I can say that I enjoy it much better than the Cetaphil moisturizer! My face does not feel oily as it did when I use the Cetaphil moisturizer. And it definitely helped with the flakiness from my topical ointments so I wasn't walking around with a dry, crusty face. I love it because it's moisturizing, affordable, and has SPF. It even smells great. Other reviewers complained that it has broken them out but I can't say that I've had that issue but like I said I am also on retinoids. I recommend this product and will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff was horrible for my dry/sensitive skin, broke me out on top of the fact that it moisturizes terribly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 2/5, but it's actually a pretty good moisturizer. It made my skin look pretty healthy :D BUT I have been breaking out sooooo badly from this! A lot of little, red bumps on my face from this :( I have pretty oily skin, and this doesn't help to control that at all. I would recommend this for someone with dry/less sensitive skin. The packaging's pretty good, it's not messy. The price is also very worth it. I found this for like $5 and it's lasted me like a whole year.

I liked this lotion, but it makes me breakout so I wouldn't buy again :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow! i cant believe i havent reviwed this lotion yet since it has been my favorite for quite some time now! i love it!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- Equate is Walmarts official brand that often times is made to knock off competion at lower price. This Absolutely Beaming Lotion is a knock off dupe for Aveeno's Positively Radiant Face Lotion that is priced around $14- this Equate Absolutely Beaming will only cost you $4-5 with tax. so great alternative to Aveeno for 1/4 of the price. It is available only at Walmart stores or online since its Equate brand.
FORMULA- Ill start by copying what Walmart/Equate claims are for this: "This light, fast-absorbing moisturizer is gentle enough for sensitive skin And helps maintain healthy-looking skin. Leaves skin soft And smooth. Improves skin texture. Evens out skin tone. Improves skin clarity. Uses: helps prevent sunburn; higher SPF gives more sunburn protection. Compare To aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer. UVA/UVB SUNSCREEN. with total soy complex And natural light DIFFUSERS."- taken from walmarts site. I believe this does make a great moisturizer for all skin types. its thicker in consistency which makes it great for drier skin types. It claims to even out skin but have not noticed that aspect dramatically changing tone but after using this for ever 5 months now it does almost brighten skin by moisturizing and leaving skin feeling smooth. i dont see any glitters inside. the lotion is a cream colored lotion that spreads nicely and soaks in within 10 minutes. It does contain SPF 15 so do apply 20 mins before sun exposure to ensure it has soaked into skin. I have not noticed any reactions to this esp with my sensitive skin. i was wary of the SPF but so far- its been great. I use this in the morning before makeup application. It soaks in nicely leaving a nice canvas for my face primer to go on top. i love how this has soy complex which is also great for the skin. it makes my skin look & feel better. perfect consistency- not runny, its not too thick or thin. its the best face lotion ive ever tried owned and will continue to repurchase this over & over. i do have a few other lotions/moisturizers but know this is simply the best i own. its great on its own or pre-makeup! it applies great with my fingers and soaks in well too without leaving an oily finish. it looks natural and does leave a very natural glow without looking oily! it does not interfer with foundation but actually my fndt actually looks a little better. my skin has not broken out if anything- it seems ive had less breakouts with this since soy is great for clearing up breakouts and blemishes.
PACKAGING-This bottle has 4 oz of lotion which is a great amount, ive used it daily for almost 5 months and finally i know im coming to the bottom so you get alot for the great price. i love this plastic tube and yes it comes with a lovely pump that disperses the right amount for the whole face with one pump. i love the pump since it helps reduce wasting unneeded product as well as it more sanitary than a jar or tub of lotion that i have to stink my fingers into. its easy to use for sure and looks similar if not better than Aveeno. i know ive compared ingredients and they are almost the same. i wont ever try the aveeno since this has done so well for me. the tube is an oatmeal beige color with green & brown labeling and writing. directions, instructions, ingredients are all there on the back. it comes in a cardboard box like Aveeno as well. Equate really did a great job at giving us thrifty consumer a great knockoff to an expensive lotion.
overall- for real i love and adore this lotion. i have dry sensitive skin and this has done wonders for my face. i will def repurchase over and over again! i hope Walmart or Equate never quits making this or id be devastated :( id highly suggest to everyone! i see it working on almost any skin type! its wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is probably the cheapest SPF 15 moisturizer I've ever seen ($5 at Wal-Mart) and I really like it. The texture feels slightly more greasy than the Aveeno Positively Radiant one but I still like it. It soaks in pretty quickly, hasn't made me break out, and my skin does seem to be looking more even. This provides an excellent base for my mineral powder foundation. I rarely need to blot my t-zone any more. I also apply this on my cheekbones over my foundation as a highlighter since it has "light-diffusing particles." It just makes my skin look super glowy, not like I have a highlighting product on. The only thing that bothers me is the typical Aveeno scent--I can smell it for an hour or so after I put this on. I will repurchase and I recommend getting this if the Aveeno version is too expensive for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by hannahouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When Dove discontinued their Deep Moisture Facial Lotion SPF 15, I was devastated because it seemed to be the only thing that worked for my severely dry skin at a low cost. After trying brands like Olay, Eucerin and Neutrogena (as well as knock offs) with no luck, I decided to try this Aveeno knock off. At only $5 a bottle the price is certainly right, but the product is by far the best thing I've found. In fact, it may even work better for me than the Dove! I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am to finally find my new daily moisturizer. I no longer deal with little flakes of dry skin, and it leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. This product is truly a Godsend and I highly recommend it!

UPDATE (4/12/13): Walmart has since marked up the price to $9.88 a bottle...almost twice the original price! Such a bummer, but still $5 cheaper than the cost of the original product, so I still use it daily. Just wanted people to know it was no longer as cheap as it once was.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this lotion for a week and a half and I already see a difference. My acne scars are slightly lessened, and the texture is smoother. I haven't had any irritation. I didn't even have to wear foundation yesterday. Just a little concealer. My skin feels more in the 'normal' range rather than oily or dry. It doesn't feel heavy on my face, even in the humid 90-100 degree weather that's famous in the south.

The texture of the lotion is smooth and slightly creamy. It absorbs fast and there is no offensive fragrance. The pump works well and dispenses the perfect amount. The bottle will last quite a while, and I will update as I go along with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Oh, this is lovely. I was looking for a light moisturizer with SPF to replace the too-heavy Cetaphil for the summer. This lotion is light, moisturizes well without leaving me greasy, has SPF 15....in short, it does everything I expect it to do. I don't know if it helps my skin tone, but my texture is looking much better since I have started using this. I haven't tried the Aveeno product that this is a knock-off of, but I don't need to. This does the job at 1/3 of the price, and I plan to repurchase when I run out of this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm so excited about this I'm not sure where to start off with reviewing it!

Edit:
I've been using this since April and it's now September. I can't tell you how clogged the pores are on my face :( I wanted to like this so much as it's cheap and moisturizes well. It also reduces redness too. I guess my search for a good moisturizer is still on.