July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Sunscreen - Pratima - Neem Rose Sunscreen

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This sunscreen is priced reasonable at $26 for 2 ounces. However, once you add the ridiculously high shipping of $13, you're almost at $40.

I liked how elegant this product was going on. It was very smooth, almost like a product containing dimethicone, thought this contains none. The ingredients are minimal, which I like, and I appreciate the brand's ideology.

However, after two days of use, I have grossly clogged pores on my nose and cheeks and a couple big underground zits, which I just don't get. Definitely caused by this sunscreen. Huge fail.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have only used this for 3 days so far and I can't say I have enjoyed this product. I have the exact same problem as the reviewer below, this leaves me with a grayish cast. I have been getting very tan this summer because the sun is so strong this year so I want good daily protection but I don't think this sunscreen is worth looking gray for. I tried remedying the white cast by adding some bronzer over it, which helps, but not completely. I have to add more makeup than usual to hide the white cast and I don't like that. I bought this one for the face and the one for body because I was so excited about the natural, pure ingredients. I have very acne prone skin and I wanted to go as natural as possible. Throughout the day, I guess because it mixes with my natural oils, even though my face didn't look overly oily, this just felt heavy on my skin. As someone with oily clog-proned skin, that feeling isn't something I enjoy. The reason why I only use mineral makeup is because of the light, airy feel. With this, I just feel like I have foundation on and my skin can't breathe. I can't say much about whether this clogs pores or not because it's only been 3 days but I did notice a couple splotchy red spots that I know will eventually surface into acne on my left cheek and temple that I know wasn't there before...not saying this is the culprit but just sayin...it makes me wonder and I am scared to continue using this since people writing this review pointed out that the source of the vitamin E is wheat germ oil which is suppose to be highly comedogenic. Anyways, overall this sunscreen would work well for someone with light skin but not for anyone who is medium toned or darker. I hate that this product didn't work for me, especially because their shipping fee was ridiculous and it wouldn't even make sense to return it since they don't offer free exchange/returns. This is over-hyped on the internet and a big waste of money! PS. Previously, I was using Murad oil-control mattifer SPF15, which I love but I needed something with higher SPF for the summer. It has been a challenge finding another moisturizer with higher SPF that doesn't clog my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by AngeliaJolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is not a bad product but there are few things wrong with it.
- leaves a grey cast on my face, I have an olive complexion and it looks ashy even after an hour or so
- it is not moisturizing enough, I tend to have dry skin so this formulation would work better on a oily skin type
- I am not sure how well it works - I am generous with the application as you should with sunscreen but I am more tanned than usual.
What is good about this cream. . .
-It is cheap at $18
-It does not cause breakouts
-It is all natural
-It smells nice
-It is not a greasy sunscreen
If Pratima's Neem Rose Sunscreen did not leave me with an ashy face I would buy it again.

Update: I looked at the Pratima website regarding the Neem Rose Sunscreen and it states:

TIPS: Can be used daily as a light and healing moisturizer. Thoroughly protects against harmful UVA, UVB and UVC rays, but in cases of extreme sun exposure, apply Healing Neem Oil and follow with Neem Rose face Sunscreen

So it is not meant for extreme sun exposure - please make note.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Pratima's products; very holistic and high quality with instant benefits. The "Neem Rose Face Sunscreen" is super. If you have dry to combination skin I recommend moisturizing generously prior to sunscreen application. This sunscreen is a physical barrier that will last all day and primes makeup well, but does not moisturize by itself. The ingredients are very nourishing and smells slightly of rose (not too overpowering). I find it makes my makeup last longer, like a primer, without any makeup meltdown. Does not clog pores or cause breakouts (may even keep breakouts away due to the ingredients-- neem, especially). It does not leave a white-cast, but I'm fair so it wouldn't really be noticeable; may take a bit longer to rub in if you're dark-skinned. I've been using it for 3+ years and I'm a loyal customer.

One possible con is that you need to use it within 6 months or the ingredients separate and turn a bit rancid due to its purity and no preservatives. I use sunscreen daily, so within a couple months I'm onto a next tube/bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by endlessmike

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product felt great when on, loved the ingredient safety and consistency of the sunscreen. However it is really hard to remove and I break out without fail every time I use it, as well as have dry, white flakes on my skin. Maybe if a moisturizer was used underneath, as suggested, it would mitigate this but as someone who does not like using a lot of products, and breaks out just from touching my face, I will probably not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely zinc-based SPF for the face. I used this throughout the fall and winter - it is drying and requires something underneath, either a serum or an oil (I used a few drops of Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil before applying this SPF). Goes on quite clear, which is great if you are used to natural sunscreens that leave you looking rather ghastly. Wonderful product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros (for me): physical, not chemical; natural, minimalist approach (only 6-7 ingredients), no preservatives, not silicone-based, scent, seems to plump up the skin temporarily, does not sting on delicate retin-a skin, micro-, not nano-sized particles although I'm not sure about nanotechnology safety,

Cons: very oily consistency, difficult to diminish shine with powder, price for shipping, causes breakouts on my trouble area (chin), some reviews cite less-than-expected sun protection although I don't use it when outside so I can't personally comment.

I will probably buy this again after I finish the two bottles I bought. If my skin ever stop being acne-prone, I would consider using this all over my face because of its plumping effect!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Pimang213

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin that gets extremely dry during winter. I bought this sunscreen in January and when I first applied it, it felt really nice. It was not greasy at all; it made my skin feel silky smooth and moisturized. But by the late afternoon, it started to dry my skin and at the same time very sticky. Near mouth my skin was flaking and T-zone area felt sticky. When I washed my face in the evening, the stickiness was difficult to take off. But all these problems were tolerable if it didn't break me out. It clogged my pore pretty bad by the end of the week and I spent some painful time to make them gone. My search for a perfect sunscreen continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by judibean

This is my favorite face sunblock for fall and winter. It is more moisturizing than my fave in the summer, Mychelle Sun Shield, and is more cosmetically elegant to boot. Although people have said to buy the body one because it gives you more for a lower price, I decided to try the face one first since I wasn't sure I would like it. It is pretty expensive for what you get but my motto is, if it works, it's worth it!

The rose scent is strong when you put it on, but dissipates after awhile. This sunblock doesn't feel like a physical sunblock going on. It feels like a chemical one because it glides on so smoothly and easily. I just use one squirt for the entire face. The result is a slight sheen that you need to cover up with powder. The moisturizing factor is definitely there - you can feel it sink into your skin rather than sit on top of it.

The only issue I have with this, and the reason why I do not use it in the summer, is that I am concerned about how well it protects. I know other reviewers have mentioned some evidence of darkening while using it. I myself had just recently lasered off some freckles from my face, just to have some of them come back while using this. However, I don't know whether to blame the sunblock since freckles are notoriously stubborn and sometimes do come back regardless.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by rstar1031

Great product but you must use it with 6-8 months. Shipping is extremely high from this company. And, if you have a reaction to anything, you have to pay for return shipping, hence you lose a lot in shipping. I also tried the Herbal Hair Cleanser and it was a nightmare - itching scalp for 3 days. I had to keep washing my air with Neutrogena Menthol Itch Shampoo. They didn't care.