September 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - ardenbeauty

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this on a whim because I had the chance to pick up the gift set including EDP, EDT, body wash, and body lotion for $25, and because the fragrance was described as inoffensive and good for the office. It's Ok, especially for the price, but there is nothing special about it. It reminds me of a freshly cut meadow on a sunny day - a subtle, grassy floral scent. Kind of reminds me of soap in a clean smelling way. It is certainly inoffensive, to the point where I can barely tell I am wearing it. It certainly doesn't wear you. Today I showered with the body wash then layered the body lotion and two squirts of EDP. Now I can actually tell I have it on. Perhaps it does not work with my body chemistry. On me it is pleasant but forgettable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The sky is clear, with little clouds. I'm sitting on my deck. Indian Summer is here. The air is fresh and crisp. Watching the breezes blow the long grasses at the edge of the lake, I see Mallards in the distance frolicking. The grill is on and I can smell the gingered rice simmering. I'm relaxed and life is simple. That's what Arden Beauty brings to mind.
I picked this up for a mere few bucks today so I figured I'd give it a try. A very comforting, comfortable scent that I'd like to wear on week-ends relaxing when I'm not rushed. Or out to a quaint lunch or antique shopping. Arden Beauty is a mature scent, no sweet notes here, no fruity nuances either. Gentle wood scents come into play eventually but the true beauty of this perfume is the ginger and the rice. It's absolutely delicious.
There is an earthiness that I enjoy in this fragrance, a sense that makes me feel at home with myself. I don't have to be anyone else. I'm not worrying about how sexy this perfume is, or how sultry, or if it is too sweet for anyone's taste. It brings me in to my own personal space, allowing me to reflect and enjoy my own scent mingling with this perfume.
When I smell new-mown grass and walk in it, it's a delightful experience for the soul. It's exhilarating. You inhale the fresh aromas of the cut grass around you as you walk in it and your mind cleanses your soul. Arden Beauty has that green freshness ability to exhilarate you and make you at peace with yourself to be you and no one else but you. For those of you that are confident and ensconced in your maturity level to accept yourself for who you are, this is a fragrance to wear when you just want to kick back, laugh and relax and be who you are.
Simple, elongated, rectangle bottle says it all. Good longevity with a beautiful radiance.
Top Notes: Iris, Bergamot, Rice Flower, Green Notes.
Middle Notes: Orchid, Ginger, Rhubarb, Lotus, Lily.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Amber.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find my self surprisingly reaching for this scent so often. My hand snakes past the Chanel 5, the Guelains, Feminite du bois, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil (blah blah) because like another reviewer has mentioned sometime you do not want a statement frag just one that is pleasant and makes you fell "up".
Ardenbeauty serves this purpose for me. It is clean, fresh uncomplicated and easy floral. Perfect for the hot and humid weather in Sydney at this time of the year.Also in this part of the woods it is relatively unknown
And the price???
I honestly don't think I have ever worn such an inexpensive frag ($12 for 100ml!!!!). IMO it t does not smell "cheap" ( though some pricey fags do but that is another story;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by crysna

When this fragrance came out, I was hesitant to try it, watching Catherine Zeta-Jones on advertissement on magazines, tv .. Caught my attention the beautiful simple bottle! Well after years trying to get it (it was so expensive years ago) I say what the hell and go to EA counter tested the frag and I came out with a full giftset to layer myself in this beauty! It's a clean, sharp/floral, subtle feminine! The fragrance works nice with my body chemistry making it smell divine, not complex I think they pick up the right notes to make it work together pretty good. Beautiful bottle the red stopper adds a classy touch! Nice sillage/ longevity even I can't smelled myself but it seems people could noticed yet, they always complimented me about the fragrance, and like some previous reviewers said smells so much expensive (now this is sold at a cheap price). This is one of my favorites from Elizabeth Arden parfums! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by barbraella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I remember getting a small bottle of this when i was a teenager from a relative and liking this then i kinda forgot all about it up until recently when a 100ml bottle of this was on special at a priceline store,i have fallen in love with this all over again it is a very pretty fresh floral scent which gets alot of compliments from people and think its underated compared to the overhyped fragrances that dont smell very nice, i would reccomend this fragrance to women who like fresh sweet scents and is now one of my favourites

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by lrnhlly

i love this sent i have had it for a long time it is almost all gone i keep this in my purse for back up scent it kinda has a alcohol smell im geussing because i have left it in the heat and it is old but i love the smell of it not to strong and doesnt give me a headache.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Scored a 1.7 oz. bottle at Ross's yesterday for about $9. I just needed to treat myself, or so I felt due to having a heart monitor installed inside my chest the day before. ;-) I had read on the reviews here that this was a fragrance that smells very expensive but cost little so I grabbed it.
It is very nice! It is not a complex type scent at all but it is still pleasant. I really enjoy fragrances that smell good right from the first spray and this is one of those kind. Right from the start it strikes a note of 'oh yeah that smells really good to me'. I wish it was a tab bit stronger of a scent for my aging nose does not smell things as good as it use to ;-) but I am sure others are very pleased that it is more quiet of a fragrance.
Ingredients are listed as, top notes are orris, bergamot and rice flower; middle notes are orchid, ginger, rhubarb and lotus; base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk. It is called a green floral.
I did have to repeat spray this after about 4 hours so I thought about taking off one lippie for that, although others probably could still smell it, so I left it at a 5. The bottle is simple but the red top adds some classic beauty to it.
I think this is one of the E.A. scents that is underrated actually. It is up there with Beautiful & Beautiful Love just not quite as strong. I will be using this often this spring & summer. I am very glad I decided to treat myself and give this Beauty a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

My mum has this bottle in her bathroom, so I discovered it there. It smelled really pretty in the bottle. Sprayed it on me, and it smells a bit like an exotic floral. I didn't like how it smelt after the fragrance died down. A bit spicy and woody. Not something I would usually go for. I know that fragrances are subjective to personal preferences, so I guess this one didn't work too well for me. Not bad if your looking for a cheap light fragrance though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love it! Purchased the full bottle after falling in love with the samples. I reserve it for special occassions and evening wear since I'm so afraid to waste drops of this precious fluid. Though described as woody by many a prominent perfume website, I find the scent feminine, sensual, and oriental; intoxicating. I consider this the best smelling perfume I have ever smelled. I can't get enough of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by dstamnitz2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing the body lotion for PROVOCATIVE WOMAN. www.fragrantica.com puts this in the "oriental floral" family of scents. I like it a lot. It is not too heavy but has some staying power. I'm not so good at describing scents, so there is a description of oriental and floral scents here: http://tinyurl.com/mzer7d