September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass - Lovechild

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fabulous lip gloss and and item I have repurchased many times for my collection. On my fair complexion (MAC NC15) this shows up as plummy rose with copper shimmer. It looks quite dark and intimidating in the tube, but goes on sheer to light in colour. Love pairing it with purple, bronze, and copper dramatic eyeshadow looks with a mauve blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This color looks like a very cool mauve on me. This is fine when I'm wearing plum clothes or I cool colored blush. It's definitely more cool towards the bluer tone on my lips. It also looks this way because I'm a NC 45 for reference. If you'd like a pinker / warmer color, I'd suggest Viva Glam VI. There's a bit of sparkle, but it's a nice warm pink that show's up on moderately pigmented lips. The only true complaint, the sponge tip applicator is annoying - not enough coverage in one swipe.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovechild is a beautiful plum/mauve coloured lipgloss with gold shimmer. Its a really nice colour, but not really a stand out colour. I frequently forget I have it in my stash, but every time I rediscover it I fall in love with it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lovechild is my everyday lipgloss. A plum/rosy colour with hint of shimmer. Perfect for day and night. The colour is slightly lighter than my lip colour which balance out it to a very nice colour tone.

Staying power is average.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful lip gloss by MAC. It is not stick but long wearing. It appears brownish mauve in the tube but goes on as a golden muted pink. I wouldnt but this again because I already have a dupe to this in my collection which is L'Oreal HIP L/g in Adoring. They both are very similar and the L'oreal l/g is just as pigmented and long wearing. You also get much more product from L'oreal in that squeeze tube. I'm not sure if this l/g line from is discontinued though. Lovechild is still a nice l/g and a good buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

This gloss is not so longlasting. Good to use over another lipstick.not much color

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sanyu123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

looks yucky in the tube...but flattering when you wear it. Perfect for a night when you want to wear a bit of make-up but no go too OTT..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by OCdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful color gloss! Adds just enough color to my lips, but not too much. Great for an every day, year round lip color. Love the consistency of MAC glosses. The fine gold shimmer helps refract light and make my lips really pop!

Love this gloss!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a go to lip gloss for me. The color is perfect for day or night (with a more dramatic eye) and compliments my skin tone well. I think this would be an easy wear for most people. It's got a very subtle shimmer to it and really warms up my face. I've been wearing it alone (no lipstick underneath). Definitely a year round shade. Will buy another when I use this one up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely color. A light plum with copper/gold shimmer. Beautiful color, and I think it would work on many skintones. Light, medium, and deep. I like to pair this with Myth lipstick, but it would be lovely on its own too. I just heard that Myth pairs well with purple lip glosses to help it not look so flat. Now, while this is more of a plum than purple (deeper/less bright, slightly more red toned than blue, which would make it more purple). I still think it works quite well for the purpose, at least until I can find one that's more purple, along the lines of the discontinued Little Vi lustreglass from MAC, which Myth is supposed to be beautiful when paired with.