MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 1/2/2013 11:11:00 AM

Fabulous lip gloss and and item I have repurchased many times for my collection. On my fair complexion (MAC NC15) this shows up as plummy rose with copper shimmer. It looks quite dark and intimidating in the tube, but goes on sheer to light in colour. Love pairing it with purple, bronze, and copper dramatic eyeshadow looks with a mauve blush.

on 1/29/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This color looks like a very cool mauve on me. This is fine when I'm wearing plum clothes or I cool colored blush. It's definitely more cool towards the bluer tone on my lips. It also looks this way because I'm a NC 45 for reference. If you'd like a pinker / warmer color, I'd suggest Viva Glam VI. There's a bit of sparkle, but it's a nice warm pink that show's up on moderately pigmented lips. The only true complaint, the sponge tip applicator is annoying - not enough coverage in one swipe.

on 1/16/2012 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Lovechild is a beautiful plum/mauve coloured lipgloss with gold shimmer. Its a really nice colour, but not really a stand out colour. I frequently forget I have it in my stash, but every time I rediscover it I fall in love with it again.

on 8/28/2011 4:05:00 AM

Lovechild is my everyday lipgloss. A plum/rosy colour with hint of shimmer. Perfect for day and night. The colour is slightly lighter than my lip colour which balance out it to a very nice colour tone.

Staying power is average.

on 8/8/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is such a beautiful lip gloss by MAC. It is not stick but long wearing. It appears brownish mauve in the tube but goes on as a golden muted pink. I wouldnt but this again because I already have a dupe to this in my collection which is L'Oreal HIP L/g in Adoring. They both are very similar and the L'oreal l/g is just as pigmented and long wearing. You also get much more product from L'oreal in that squeeze tube. I'm not sure if this l/g line from is discontinued though. Lovechild is still a nice l/g and a good buy.

on 5/22/2011 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This gloss is not so longlasting. Good to use over another lipstick.not much color

on 2/19/2011 3:01:00 PM

looks yucky in the tube...but flattering when you wear it. Perfect for a night when you want to wear a bit of make-up but no go too OTT..

on 1/17/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful color gloss! Adds just enough color to my lips, but not too much. Great for an every day, year round lip color. Love the consistency of MAC glosses. The fine gold shimmer helps refract light and make my lips really pop!

Love this gloss!!

on 1/17/2011 12:54:00 PM

This is a go to lip gloss for me. The color is perfect for day or night (with a more dramatic eye) and compliments my skin tone well. I think this would be an easy wear for most people. It's got a very subtle shimmer to it and really warms up my face. I've been wearing it alone (no lipstick underneath). Definitely a year round shade. Will buy another when I use this one up!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Lovely color. A light plum with copper/gold shimmer. Beautiful color, and I think it would work on many skintones. Light, medium, and deep. I like to pair this with Myth lipstick, but it would be lovely on its own too. I just heard that Myth pairs well with purple lip glosses to help it not look so flat. Now, while this is more of a plum than purple (deeper/less bright, slightly more red toned than blue, which would make it more purple). I still think it works quite well for the purpose, at least until I can find one that's more purple, along the lines of the discontinued Little Vi lustreglass from MAC, which Myth is supposed to be beautiful when paired with.

Recommended for Medium Skin