November 28, 2014 | 1902 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri in Quick Sand

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by halfhalfgirl45

Nice! My go to along with NYC - fashion safari! That us more nude but eh! :0 - n this more dusty rose color but more muted! The brush sux tho! N hurts! :0 - too lazy to build up color! So eh! I love the color n name - makes me wanna use it! - Sally Handsen is really coming up! Lol :)-

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by NPNewb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the absolute worst nail polish I have EVER used. The color is really gorgeous- slightly shimmery, peachy nude. The formula is horrific. Instant dry?! What? It takes longer to dry than regular nail polish, and still smudged and smeared and just wouldn't stay put. I tried it multiple times and different ways. To say this is "instant dry" or "quick dry" is blatantly false advertising. The formula of this beautiful color is a disaster. I'm actually tempted to bring it back to the store and get a refund. Also, because of the brush style on these polishes, it's really difficult to make a thin coat, which makes it even more likely to smudge and smear.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this line because I always mess up my nails before polishes dry, but this fast drying formula really helps. I have a few of these and will be buying more.

For "Quick Sand" I have a few notes that don't apply to the whole line. This one has a fine silvery glitter that I wish it didn't, though it's not terribly noticable once dry. The peachy tan nude of the polish covers all the sparkles. However, since this formula is so creamy and opaque, if you accidentally apply to thickly with the first coat or don't let it dry completely, the next coat will get extra chunky in part because of the glitter. For me this shade is about 1-2 darker than my skintone, so it works great for times (like today) when my nails had remains of dark polish around the corners and generally looked dingy, and I wanted to put nail concealer on them. This is the cure. I love using bright color polishes, so it was unlike me to pick this one up, but I'm so glad I did. Since it's basically my nail color, it makes my fingers look even longer, and very modern and minimalist for work.

The formula of all these polishes is so creamy and opaque. I just love it. I love the wide brush -- that helps ensure a speedy and smooth application too. I've found that a good dip in the polish will cover all 5 nails on a hand, the formula is so creamy. And they really do dry super fast. To be safe, I wait a good 10 min. after applying 2 coats to make sure I don't ruin them, but they feel dry after 2 minutes. I've found that this formula is fairly flexible and doesn't feel drying on my nails. However, some of the colors do rub off on surfaces, even with a layer of topcoat, but that's maybe more of my topcoat's problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by djshvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The perfect nude (with muted warm pink undertones) for my tan skin! Opaque in two coats. I don't mind that the shimmer is in the bottle but doesn't show up on your nails, it just turns it from a shimmer polish to a crème. Very pleased. Dries quickly, as the name would suggest. Will definitely repurchase once my bottle runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it! I was kinda skeptical as the low reviews of this had me thinking so I tested it on my nails and instantly liked it. The color payoff is not true to what you see in the bottle. In the bottle it looks very shimmery/sparkly beigy color but on my nails its a rosey peach beige drab color, which doesn't look too bad on me. This reminds me of my nude lipsticks. I would describe this as plain and simple; and is a total nude color for my nails. This is the perfect subtle nail polish I need when I don't want vibrant colored nails. The texture is rather goopy and can get a little blotchy when doing second layer (though one layer is good enough) and the brush is good but a bit hard to reach on the sides of your nails. Due to the fact that the shimmer failed to deliver its job, which then makes the finish look drabby, for this, I MUST layer with a clear top coat for that desired glossy finish as this dries in a weird grainy/dotty finish due to the shimmer particles. Dries in quick time, and not the most expensive brand but also not the cheapest. Knocked a lippie because the finish could be a bit better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quick sand is a nude-peach nail polish.It got some little silver shimmers in it,that brings a soft luminosity to a nude nail! Goes well on the application,it`s a soft nude for any time you feel for a nude color! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am generally happy with the Insta-Dri polishes. The formula is a little thicker than the SH Diamond polishes, but it doesn't become gloppy or bubbly once applied. The polish is quite opaque and has some shine to it. I usually do two coats and one coat of clear for extra shine. This usually lasts over a week as a pedicure polish.

Quicksand looked so pretty in the bottle. The color of sand (obviously) with some glitters floating around. However, the glitter does not show up when applied to nails. There isn't any shimmer to this once its on, which is disappointing. The color is okay - a warm nude - but without the shimmer it is sort of flat and boring.

Bottom line score: 5 for formula; 2 for color.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by MelissaKay88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful neutral color in the bottle but that's about it. It applies un-evenly and often clumps both while being brushed on and during the drying process. Do yourself a favor and save the three to four dollars and put it towards an OPI Soft Shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by incendiare

I have mixed feelings about this polish. I wanted a nude shade that I could wear with anything, and the subtle shimmer attracted me to this. I actually really like the brush. This is easy to apply. The colour is unfortunately really awkward against my fair skin. My least favourite thing about this is the texture. It's a bit on the gritty side and extremely difficult to remove. A lot of the shimmer gets left behind and refuses to come off. It was a nice try but it's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by MissGabrielaB

Really? I paid $4 for this product at Wal-Mart and I love it. Im an OPI user n I thot I would try something a lil cheaper. It's a nice nude with a lil sparkle. Very pretty!