September 21, 2014 | 1071 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Glamour Ultra Care

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by tattoogirl00

PROS:
- looks natural, gives me decent volume and a little length
- doesn't make my lashes crunchy
- doesn't clup, flake or smudge
- holds curl
- doesn't irritate sensitive eyes !
- one coat is enough, but it layeres well
- easily removable
- conditiones lashes (cotton and almond oil)
- great formula, not too dry or too wet
- very black
- beautiful, chic packaging

CONS:
- sometimes the brush picks up too much product
- very non water-resistent, it slides of immediately when my eyes get watery
- a little pricy (12$ where I live)

My experience:
I really like this mascara. It's great everyday mascara, looks natural and doesn't make lashes crunchy. It gives me nice natural volume, lengthens a bit, but nothing over the top. I like that the colour is very black and it can be layered easily for more dramatic lashes. On me it holds curl very well (I curl my lashes only before I put mascara on), doesn't smudge, doesn't flake and overall holds up great during the day. The brush is big but very manageable, nothing extreme. It doesn't clump and I hate mascaras that stick lashes together and make you look like you have three fat lashes. I take it off easily using Garnier micellar water or Bourjois makeup remover. I love the black&white packaging, it looks so chic and elegant. And really important thing for me: I have very sensitive eyes; I wear glasses and read every day at least 8 hours and this mascara doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Never. It didn't dry my lashes out and they are long and strong when I use this mascara. On tube it says that it contains cotton and sweet almond oils. The formula is great and creamy, not too dry, not too wet.
What bothered me was that sometimes the brush picks up too much product, but that is better after one week of use, when the formula becomes a little drier. But anyway you can scrape off the excess easily, it's no big deal for me. Another thing is that this mascara is very non-waterproof. It starts sliding off right away when it gets in contact with water. It isn't marked as waterproof so I can't really say it is a con but I would personally like that is just a little bit more water-resistant so that I don't have to wipe off mascara immediately if my eyes water a little.
It is a little pricy, it costs about 12$ where I live. I can often buy it on sale for 8 or 9 bucks so it's ok, but still it would be great if it was cheaper.
All in all, 5/5 and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Good basic mascara. Perfect for a natural look. Have not noticed any improvement in my lashes but maybe I haven't been using it long enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Linamakeup

This became my favorite mascara after Maybelline full and soft discontinued. The brush has the softest bristles I have ever used. The formula is smooth, but not watery. I find it is very easy to apply this mascara. I used to apply two or three coats of Maybelline full and soft to get the look I want, but now I only need to apply one coat of Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care. It gives me soft, full, and natural looking lashes that's perfectly thickened and darkened, no smudging, no clumping. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good mascara...I have been trying so many, every time one finishes I buy a new one to try. Until now, just this one and MaxFactor 2000 calories satisfied me.

Pros:
- buildable
- nice volume without clumps, it even looks good in one layer(is the first mascara i use just in one layer sometimes)
- it can be removed easily
- doesn't irritate my eyes

Cons:
- it summer can smudge a little, but for winter is perfeeeect!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great idea but reacted badly with my eyes. Had terrible itchy watery eyes for weeks before I finally realised this was the problem! Stopped using it and immeditely the irritation was gone. Strange as I love the other Bourjois mascaras and have no problems with them. Would not recommend to those with sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by dori86

My best mascara ever! It's really black, easy to use, dries quickly, but it's very buildable. I recommend for everyone ! I'm on my 6th tube now, but I'm still very happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by yangme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second tube I have experiemented with other mascaras hi end and drugstore but I came back to this one, I have curly lashes and with other mascaras my eyelashes feel loaded, this is comparable to the more expensive lashes but cheaper and it its really pigmented black, cares for my lashes and it doesnt smudge on me and I wash it off with soap and water, the plus is it cares for your lashes, I think that Bourjois owns Chanel cosmetics so thats a good indication of the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using it for 3 years and I love it! My eyelashes are very long and curled, so anything looks ok. But this one truly gives them volume and body, my eyes look much better. It's the first one on my list, together with Maybelline Volume Express the Colosal.
Now, it's true that it differs from country to country: it doesn't have the same texture or intensity. I checked it myself and I was very surprised. I don't know if they change the formula or what's going on...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this after reading all the fab reviews on here about how it never smudged, and how good at volumising it was.
how disappointed i am with it now i've bought it, 8 down the drain :(
-------------------------------------------------------
- it smudges all the time, i only get an hours wear before the little black smudges appear, and after i wore it on a night out to see a comedian (after a good laugh) I was HORRIFIED with the appalling heavy dark smudges under my eyes (trust me it looked horrendous!)

- far too much product comes out with brush, it would give lovely volume if bourjois had designed the neck of the tube properly! (no excuses bourjois, that is a fault you should have spotted in development!)

- i'll admit that it does look after my lashes, and they've definitely grown and look healthier, and they do curl my upper lashes quite good as well.
--------------------------------------------------------
i really am disappointed with it, not about that it smudges, but because this is such a good mascara in the making, but in the making only. if bourjois could just fix the application so that the brush isn't over saturated, and fix the formula so it doesn't smudge then i would definitely buy it again, but till then i won't be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by hnica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love it! It gives a lot of volume to the lashes, while it looks completely natural. Doesn't flake or smudge, stays all day, and it has a nice, smooth texture which makes your lashes really soft. All time favorite.