Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 8/16/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My go to foundation brush. I spent a lot of money purchasing this from an American website (now sigma is easier to buy and cheaper to ship worldwide) but even then, (and now) it is definitely well worth it. I love these sigma brushes saving me getting foundation everywhere and when I'm using this brush, I get a far cleaner, more accurate application of the product. Definitely worth purchasing. Love this brush!

on 8/14/2015 7:57:00 AM

This is my one favourite go to foundation brush. I've had the same one for 3 years and have only seen 1 tiny hair fall out. When i wash it i do try to keep it facing downwards so the water and soap won't get into the bristle and loosen the glue. However there have been times i squeezed it really hard to dry it and still nothing came out. So far for 3 years i'm extremely satisfied with this brush. It applies liquid foundation so evenly and quickly, and you can buff it into your skin or use it to smooth out a thin layer.

on 8/10/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product last year and have only used this for mineral foundation. I heard it was dense enough and picks up enough product to buff out the foundation. But perhaps this brush could be better for liquid foundation. I find that it a little too dense for mineral foundation and feels like it sort of micro exfoliates my face rather than blend out my foundation. It does shed each time I use it and I get brush hair on my face. The quality is so so. The brush feels soft on my hands but on the face, it doesn't feel AS soft. It doesn't feel like a smooth buff on the skin as it is too dense. I prefer the Real Techniques expert face brush instead but will continue to use this brush in the mean time as well - just not my go-to foundation brush. And just like the majority of Sigma products, it is expensive for the quality. I thought the quality would've been a bit better and not so much shedding. My skin reacted fine to the brush but felt like if you had dry spots/flakes on the skin, this brush might accentuate the flaking. After I swirl the brush into my mineral foundation, I feel like it doesn't spread as smoothly as the product seems to deposit in one area on the face and I need to continue buffing out the foundation to spread it; whereas other brushes, it blends more easily. And no, I don't apply that much at all either. Overall, I'm not too impressed with Sigma brushes and would not repurchase.

on 7/28/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The handle became loose after a few uses. The brush absorbs too much foundation and little is left on the skin.
They have horrible customer service, they make you pay extra to pick up your package saying the fees are duties and taxes but upon verification with the shipping company they are not. They overcharged and their product is cheap.
Avoid !
I use Real Techniques, less expensive and available in store !

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first, it applied makeup beautifully on the skin. Overall a great brush. Fast-forward a few months later, it began shedding like crazy on the edges. As I apply my foundation, it leaves hairs all over my face. I take really good care of my brushes so the shedding on this expensive brush is clearly unacceptable. Not even my $3 Elf brushes shed.

on 6/22/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loved this brush when I first purchased it (makeup was fast to apply and looked awesome) but it started shedding like crazy from around the edges a few months in. I trimmed the edge hairs so that it's even with the ones in the center but the hairs still continued falling out :(

on 6/19/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the finish this brush gives - the bristles are very densely packed and so it leaves a real airbrushed finish on the skin. However, after about nine months of use and weekly washing, the bristles started to come out in clumps. Sigma brushes are less expensive than other brush brands, but still not cheap considering how long this one lasted.

on 5/28/2015 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own the real techniques expert face brush, buffing brush and elf powder brush and this f80...The price of the f80 put me off for a long time but i should have save up the money to purchase this instead of the real techniques brushes...I start by dotting very little liquid foundation on my skin and stippling it a little at a time and the f80 gave me such a a beautiful finish that i could never have achieved with other brushes or my fingers...Btw i use revlon colorstay liquid foundation...This brush did not bleed or shed...This is my hg and i would never use other brushes for applying liquid foundation anymore...

Love this brush! Really blended in my foundation! Great customer service as well!

on 5/17/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this brush until about the third cleaning and it started shedding BAD. Today huge chunks of it started coming out. I just threw in the trash. No more sigma brushes for me. My three-dollar ELF is still going strong.

Popular Makeup Brushes