Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 6/22/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loved this brush when I first purchased it (makeup was fast to apply and looked awesome) but it started shedding like crazy from around the edges a few months in. I trimmed the edge hairs so that it's even with the ones in the center but the hairs still continued falling out :(

on 6/19/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the finish this brush gives - the bristles are very densely packed and so it leaves a real airbrushed finish on the skin. However, after about nine months of use and weekly washing, the bristles started to come out in clumps. Sigma brushes are less expensive than other brush brands, but still not cheap considering how long this one lasted.

on 5/28/2015 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own the real techniques expert face brush, buffing brush and elf powder brush and this f80...The price of the f80 put me off for a long time but i should have save up the money to purchase this instead of the real techniques brushes...I start by dotting very little liquid foundation on my skin and stippling it a little at a time and the f80 gave me such a a beautiful finish that i could never have achieved with other brushes or my fingers...Btw i use revlon colorstay liquid foundation...This brush did not bleed or shed...This is my hg and i would never use other brushes for applying liquid foundation anymore...

Love this brush! Really blended in my foundation! Great customer service as well!

on 5/17/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this brush until about the third cleaning and it started shedding BAD. Today huge chunks of it started coming out. I just threw in the trash. No more sigma brushes for me. My three-dollar ELF is still going strong.

on 4/6/2015 1:26:00 AM

Yes, it applies foundation etc beautifully, but the quality of this brush is apalling. Chunks of hair came out on the 4-5th wash. Obviously not repurchasing.

on 3/28/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

LOVE this brush! I use it with my MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation and it looks so natural and soft. And it's a breeze to clean! No shedding whatsoever in all the time I've owned my brush (more than half a year). I also have sensitive skin that easily breaks out and itches, but this brush doesn't cause any of those problems if you keep it clean. I recommend it! :)

on 3/11/2015 6:37:00 PM

i really loved this... well i still like it but its not suited yo my skin i thought it was my skincare but it turns out this brus cause severe chin breakouts and ive just started using it again not thinking the brush was the cause and boom its started again... dont get me wring the brush itself applys foundation so good but i had to buy a new one because my old one is malting like crazy so if you purchase this PLEASE hold the brush end down while cleaning because the warm warter will cause the glue holding the bristles to melt.. and if you have acne prone skin id steer clear or any stippling brushes and stick to a beauty blender ;)

on 3/9/2015 5:05:00 PM

Not only is this one of the best foundation brushes ever, but the service from Sigma is impeccable. I wrote to Sigma last week to say that my F80 came unglued after nearly 3 years and asked them if this is about how long my brush should last. I told them I have MAC makeup brushes that I have had for 10 years+ and asked them what a customer should expect from their makeup brush. They immediately emailed me to say they would send another brand new one out to me which I just received. (I am sure they had a record that I purchased this from them 3 years ago)... This is excellent customer service!!!

I had been using MACs 130 brush for foundation for a few years, and I swear it was shedding from day 1 but I put up with it because the application was pretty good. I finally caved and went to replace it but they didn't have one in stock, so I picked up the (then new) 132, which was better for less shedding and worked about the same as the 130.

After watching SO MANY youtube makeup tutorials etc though and a friend raving about the Sigma F80, I purchased it. AMAZING. It cuts the blending and buffing time by half I would say compared to the others I used. One commenter stated they didn't like it for areas around the nose and such - I just hold the brush dead on straight at my face to get the part of my face right next to my nose, then turn it 90 degrees either left or right to get the sides of my nose. It's a little more tricky under the eyes, but not so much that it bothers me. I've only had it a week so far but already it's a treat to use on my face. So soft (a must for sensitive skin folks like me!) and great results with easy effort.

Product used with: MUFE HD invisible cover foundation