September 30, 2014 | 1694 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING brush for foundation. I have both the round top and flat and before i got them i thought i was enjoy the round top more but i was wrong. I definitely reach for the f80 much more. It has soft, dense bristles and just applies foundation like a dream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The F80 Flat Kabuki was my first Sigma brush and sadly, it's my last. After having it less than a year, with daily use and proper cleansing, the entire brush head detached from the ferrule while washing it one morning. I was horrified. This has NEVER happened with any of my brushes! Strange as this sounds, this brush was a game changer for me. It improved the look and wear of my foundation and the F80 was a joy to use everyday...I looked forward to it! I've read stories that Sigma brushes aren't the best quality, shed, and eventually fall apart, but I couldn't imagine it would happen to MY beloved F80! And yes, it was shedding after I had it for ~6 months, but I ignored this little inconvenience because I loved it so much. As a replacement I'm testing out the Sephora #46, which is probably a dupe of the Sigma F82 Round Kabuki. It's marketed as a bronzer brush, but after reading the reviews on Sephora I found that many people were using and loving it as a foundation brush. So far, so good! I will write a review once I've been using it for a while...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this brush all the time. It's great for foundation! It's really nice quality, I have owned it for 2 years with no problems at all. I would definitely replace if it is lost and like it more than my MAC brush!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my second Sigma brush, and I only bought it because I had bought the domed one first and it's my HG, so I wanted to have this flat one as well.
I bought it on eBay, so in all fairness it may be a fake, although after emailing the seller she kept insisting they were approved distributors of Sigma. It's definitely made in a different place than my domed one, assumingly China? It doesn't say "USA" on its handle after the name, like the domed one does.

So on to the brush, the bristles are not as dense as I had heard, or as dense as the domed brush, and they feel too soft and flimsy. I feel like they don't really have the power to push the foundation into the skin, it just kind of sits on top. While the domed brush gives me airbrushed effortless coverage, this one needs lots of work to buff the foundation in seamlessly, and I feel like the foundation stays tacky.

The worst part though is that it sheds terribly. I always have to pick hairs off my face, which is gross, inconvenient and ruins the whole experience. And my vanity is covered in hairs too. I haven't washed it yet, but I wonder what's going to be left of this brush after washing.

Too bad, since the other brush I have from Sigma is my HG, I had totally expected to love this one too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best brush ever.... Blends effortlessly, I'd be lost without it! Easy to clean, takes 24 hrs to dry. Worth every dime, I paid $24 for it and have bought a few as gifts for my friends!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by j_drage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always used either my fingers or a Beauty Blender to apply my foundation but wanted to try a brush. After doing some research I chose the F80 and I am so glad I did. It buffs the foundation in perfectly. It is very comfortable to use and it is very well made. I haven't had any shedding in the few months I've had it even during washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first sigma brush and I'm so pleased! When I first purchased this brush, I ended up using way too much product and the results turned out to be incredibly cakey. If you're thinking of getting this brush then realize that you need the smallest amount of foundation (especially full coverage ones) to achieve an absolute flawless look.

I like to place foundation on the back of the hand to warm up the product and then apply the brush to the foundation and first stipple on the foundation all over the skin AND THEN buff it out.

My one complaint with this brush is that because it is so dense it takes FOREVER to clean and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! I cannot say enough good things about Sigma brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used my fingers for foundation for the longest time & got tired of the finish I would achieve. Green concealer was especially hard to blend with my fingers. After finally looking into different foundation tools I had settled on trying a few: Ecotools BB Cream brush, Face Secrets Flat Foundation Brush & the traditional triangle sponge...all of them left streaks & made my foundation look so cakey. After thinking I would just have to use my hands I finally cracked & bought into the hype & ordered my first product from Sigma Beauty. The price was steep & I was afraid it would be just another "Hyped Product Fail" & wasted money but boy was I wrong! It takes less than 3 mins to blend my foundation & the complete flat head is great at blending out large areas/surfaces of the face. It makes any type of foundation I have look completely gorgeous & I love that the brush is synthetic so it doesn't steal all of my product which is also great for easy brush cleaning. Will definitely repurchase if this brush breaks down on me but I heard this brush lasts a good amount of time so in that case, the price would be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't know how to update my review so I'm writing another one, with more frequent use I've noticed annoying things about this brush. After only one use the foundation makes the bristles stick together wich causes some streaks! And makes it very difficult for the next use, you would have to clean it after every use. And you know how most of us dread the process of washing our makeup brushes? This will make it 10x worse, this brush takes FOREVER to wash, It's nearly impossible to get all the foundation out, it keeps resurfacing as you wash because it gets stuck deep in the bristles. I would never repurchase this brush, I love how my foundation looks after the first use after washing, but I just don't have time for the work this brush requires.