April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kieramai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm torn between giving this a 4 and a 5, but there's really no reason for me not to give it a 5 other than that it's not a particularly exciting product. It definitely won't instantly change your skin. But it's good at what it does.

I've been using Nivea cream in the winter as a night time moisturizer. It's super moisturizing, simple, and heavy. That's fine in the winter, but it's warming up and I don't need such an intense moisturizer anymore. It isn't absorbing as well and my skin is greasy, which shouldn't be a huge problem since I use it at night, but it's annoying none the less. Especially when my hair sticks to my face. So not wanting to use a heavy product, but also not wanting to spend money looking for something new, I fished this out of my stash. I tried it previously but didn't like on my winter-dry skin alone, and I like to keep my skin care routine really simple. I've been using it as my sole night moisturizer lately, and I really like it! The texture is heavy and silicone-full, and it feels like slippery goo on your face at first, but after you rub it in it actually dries matte, at least for me, and leaves your skin silky smooth. It's not super hydrating at all, but it seems to be enough for me. The one major advantage this has is that it really does leave my skin looking radiant. Normally after I wash my face at night my skin gets some redness, I don't know why, but that's always been the case. When I use this, that's not the case. My skin looks just as good as it does in the morning, if not better. I've only been using it at night so far, but I might try it in the morning under my moisturizer because of the matte but glowy effect it has on my skin. I haven't been using it long enough to see any major benefits on my skin, and I'm too young for wrinkles, but perhaps it'll help with some of the sun discoloration I have? I have freckles which I don't mind, but also a few sunspots which I hate! I'll update this review after I use up my tube, and right now I'm saying I'll probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wjp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for at least 2 years now, and it's by far my favorite skin care product ever. I'm turning 50 in a few years and my skin looks better overall than it ever did in the past. I love the silky texture and how it soaks right in and leaves my skin soft and smooth without being greasy. My skin is sensitive and this serum causes no issues for me. My skin is clear, smooth and bright with very few lines for my age, and I find that I no longer need to wear any foundation or concealer.

Bottom line - if I accidently run out of this product I panic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been using the ultra light version of this in the summer so thought the regular version would be ok in the winter. I find it to be so thick and was leaving my face feel heavy. I've played around with it a bit and if I put a few drops on my fingers and fub them together, then pat it on my face it is lighter. I am ordering a few samples of other serums and would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The ingredients in this are amazing. It does however make me break out. I even tried using it at an eye serum only to break out around the eye area as well. If you are not prone to break outs do your skin a favour and please give this one a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

Great ingredients but for me a horrid texture. Way too heavy on the silicone for me. There is no way I could have worn this serum during the day. Even when I wore it at night with only a few drops mixed with a moisturiser my skin was hideously greasy in the morning. I much prefer the ultra light version.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of the two products of PC that don't dry me out. Well actually this one does dry me out too but since I mix it with Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense, it helps me not to have to throw this tube away. I have to admit that apart from drying me out, another thing I hate about this product is its consistency. It is so thick and when I apply it on my face it just sits there. Not sure if it is intentional or not but I am not convinced that it really penetrates into my skin.

Having negatively said hat, I found it is quite good squeezing a few small drops into my night Tim moisturizer. I do that a few times a week with the belief that the a-class antioxidants in the serum would do me good. So far, I think it is hard to tell if it is because of the serum or my skincare regimen that helps my healthy skin. So, I would rather maintain my skincare routine and this serum has already been one of it. So, I guess I will buy another tube if this one ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the best mix of anti aging agents in one product! The trick is to wet your face and hands (the hanes are even more important) and then apply the product. This way, the silicon feeling is not present on your face at all and the product disappears within seconds. If I don't wet my hands before applying, it indeed sits annoyingly on the skin for a while.
The same apply to the retinol serum for dry skin - the red packaging.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised at how many people found this serum too thick. I began using this concurrently with .025% tretinoin. Unfortunately, even though I reduced the tretinoin to 3 times per week and buffered it with a thick moisturizer, my skin was still uncomfortably dry and irritated. This serum always managed to calm the redness and irritation while smoothing out my peely texture. I stopped the tretinoin about a month ago, and my skin has reverted to its natural oil slick state. I was really worried that this was going to be too much for my oily skin, but it's still working beautifully for me. I like to pat this serum into my skin, rather than rubbing it and expecting it to sink in on its own. This technique works for so many skin products. I don't know why, but gently pressing a product into my skin will get even the most greasy and seemingly occlusive substances to absorb evenly. Not that this serum is greasy or occlusive, because it absolutely isn't. It's a lot like honey, but not sticky at all. Because I'm really oily, this leaves me moisturized enough that I don't need any additional moisturizing products. I did, however, when I used tretinoin. Although it isn't fragranced, I absolutely adore the serum's natural smell, which is sort of a light, pleasant, green scent. It makes a beautiful base for foundation, immediately reducing the appearance of pores. My skin tone and texture seem to be much improved, and blemishes seem to heal faster, but I really can't say if it's due to this serum or my brief flirtation with tretinoin. Either way, I really like the feel of this on my skin. I'm on my second tube of this, and I imagine I'll keep purchasing it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't know that I can see any change, but I like the feel of it. . Many don't like silicones, but I do. My skin is combo, but is a little dry. This is good as a light moisturizer. It's nice to know the anti-oxidants are there. I wear it under BB creams or even under spf moisturizer, for the extra moisture. I sometimes use it as a light moisturizing layer at night alone. I have tried the light version, which has a lighter texture and has niacinimide, which can redden. I love that, but it can be tricky to use with sunscreen or actives and I sometimes flush. The serum can be to intense with some actives. So I like using this. My sunscreen doesn't have aos, which is why I always use a serum under it. I use this to heal cuts, on chapped lips, even mix some into my body lotion. Makes a good eye cream. Doesn't break me though it could be to heavy for some. It does go on a bit shiny, but rubs in. Works as a primer too, not to fill in lines but to give dewiness without shine that many give. I wouldn't say it keeps your make up on though, but BBs glide nicely after use it. I have used it for a year and see no radical change, except I heal fast. Frankly few products produce noticeable changes - AHAs, BHAs and retinol are the key ones and maybe a C serum. I can't use heavy moisturizers or I get clogged and the light ones aren't very hydrating. This adds a layer of moisturizer and it has AOs. It doesn't have alcohol, like many serums or ball up. . If you are oily or don't like silicones, this may not be for you. I have bought this again and will probably always want it around. There are stronger more potent serums out there and I use them too. However, I can't always tolerate them on top of my other products. So this is a nice gentle option. Don't expect big changes. I see it as preventative.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

When I got pregnant, I was at a loss on what to use on my face. To be on the safe side, I skipped on anything with retinol, niacinamide or even salicylic acid. I was left with mediocre products with more marketing fluff than substance. Then I learned about this Paula's Choice product that has none of the ingredients above. I use this with the Resist toner and together, they have given me marvelous results.

The product itself is has a typical silicone base but it isn't tacky or heavy. Rather, it feels silky on the skin. It tends to leave a shine though so I only use this at night. I skipped the moisturizer on this one because I felt the serum was enough. The texture is good but what's really worth raving about is what's inside. It is chockfull of anti-aging ingredients and antioxidants backed by decent research to keep my skin healthy and radiant. My friends and family kept raving about my skin. I did not experience acne, redness or any skin sensitivity. Just soft, smooth and glowing skin.

To those who feel this product is too sticky and heavy, I suggest you use less. Just put a teeny tiny drop on your forehead, cheeks, chin and neck and massage it well. With the amount you actually need, I swear this product will last you forever.