July 30, 2014 | 1383 users online

Eye Shadow - Philosophy - The Color of Grace Amazing Grace Eyelighting Shadow Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

One of my favorite eyeshadows. Bought an extra since the Biglots blowout. Doesn't look like they are making them anymore but I hope they make more shades. Some don't like the fact that they are lightly pigmented, but I however prefer it. It makes it more makeup beginner friendly imo. I'm no professional or expert, i just like to swipe on and go. On my fair skin and dark brown eyes they blend very nicely. I never have trouble blending the dark brown color in the crease. On a few occasions I've had to apply with just my fingers and it still goes on perfect. The brown color also works well as a pinch color for filling in a spot on my eyebrows since its about the same color. I really hope they keep making it or come out with some new things. Philosophy hasn't had very much in the makeup lines but what they have done I've been very happy with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

So like the previous reviewer I also got this product in the Big Lots $3 blowout. I got the Heaven/Earth Duo. I really wanted to love this product. The packaging is cute and sleek and very much reminded me of my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duo. However, the actual product applies much like a drugstore eye shadow. I used UDPP before. The lighter shade goes on too powdery. This duo is not complete junk though because the darker shade is useable for some subtle outer corner color. It's also pretty easy to blend since it is not very pigmented. I’m glad I only paid $3 for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this duo recently at Big Lots during the awesome $3 Philosophy blow out, and I absolutely love it! I love neutrals, and this duo is perfect for a lovely, low key, natural eye look. It can also be used as a base for a stronger eye look (I like to pair it with darker browns & greens). There is a pale, ivory-champagne shade and a light milky chocolate brown. I detect a very, very slight pinkish tone in both shades. They have a really pretty sheen to them (but not shimmery/glittery). The texture is soft & satiny and beautifully blendable (I apply using my ELF eyeshadow brush), They last all day over a primer. I like the metallic silver compact (even though it easily shows smudges & fingerprints), and it has a pretty substantial mirror. I wouldn’t even consider this at regular price, but for $3 I bought multiple back ups. If you like natural, neutral eyeshadows, this duo does not disappoint.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the colors. Very flattering. There is a hint of shimmer or iridescence that makes skin glow. It's not cheap, but should last a long time. My only problem is the print on the top of the lid has been flaking off. I don't know why since all my makeup is kept clean and neat in a drawer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this duo in "01" heaven and earth. I can't find any other colors, so I'm not sure if this is the beginning of the line, or what's left of a line. Amazing Grace eyelights are a very nice combo of neutral, very slighty shimmery shadows. Heaven is a sheer goldish silver, and Earth is a slighly cool medium taupe/brown, They are easy to apply and blend well...it's almost impossible to make a mistake, as they are not terribly pigmented. They are nice, but I've seen several combos (Try Too Faced) that are the same thing, but less expensive. I think here we're paying for the name and mirrored case. These colors are pretty much my go to colors, and I have several versions in other brands, and they are very dupable with either drugstore or higher end (LORAC, Tarina Tarintino). However, if you're like me, you keep buying them anyway, I"m still upset with Philosophy for discontinuing their old make up line and my HG forever lipstick, Compassion,

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jamesie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful packaging, complete with mirror.

The shadow itself is really nice; a very light sandy color and a medium taupe. These colors are what I would call a true neutral (though they appear pinkish on philosophy's site) and I believe they would work with any skin tone. The light shade is more of a highligher and the medium is a smooth wash of color. For more intense color, I wet my brush first.

These are VERY subtle colors, perfect for that French no-makeup look. I was looking for a perfect travel palette with neutrals and this is it. Ever-so-slightly shimmery, but NOT glittery and not matte. Very easy to use (foolproof, in fact) and lovely and classic when paired with a bold red lip.

Some would call this duo "boring." True, they aren't bright, bold, or obvious. But I go for a natural look and they are perfect for my taste. These are called "Eyelighting" shadows and I agree with the previous reviewer that they definitely do brighen the eye area. I also purchased MUFE aqua eyes in the champagne color and lined my inner rim (I highly recommend this product, as well). I can't believe how refreshed I look!

I'm the type that likes 1 or 2 items that look and perform perfectly, rather than 30 items that look "ok." Quality over quantity. Once I find a look that's best for me, I stick with it. That's why this will be my go-to eyeshadow duo in the future.

I hear rumors that there will be 2 more duos like this one, but I haven't seen them yet.

**Edited 12.2011** These eyeshadows broke the first time I dropped them. I blame the packaging, but who knows? All I can say is that they didn't hold up very well for the price, and it's harder to use shadow when it's it little chunks; cant travel with it now, either!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mommy2ingrid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for a good neutral eyeshadow. I don't wear bright eye color...it's brown, cream, coffee, sand (well you get the idea) for me.

The compact is quite heavy. Upon opening there is a very useful mirror in the hinged lid, and the colors are in a split pan (no separation between the colors -- one pan, two colors butted up to each other). The shimmering brown and shimmering creme are definitely neutral -- they would work on any eye, I would think. I can see how they would work well with pink (as this whole line is marketed as "the color of Grace" - centered around pink).

There is no applicator included with the product (hence the 4 out of 5) but I have a nice Trish McEvoy shadow brush that I use.

I wear Sillhouette style rimless glasses, and this makes my eyes pop beautifully.

I think the price is a bit high (as are all Philosophy color/makeup line prices), but for a nice, creamy, long-wearing eyeshadow, I don't think it's completely outrageous.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No