December 20, 2014 | 1242 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Plum Power

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too thick & goopy but color is nice.Definitely need to find a better dupe.I rarely have luck with any SH polish outside of miracle growth line.I will be sticking to OPI,Essie,Sinful for drugstore brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by mirrorgirlmirrorgirls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought 3 of these with the new black lid and they apply easily in 2 fast drying, nonstreaky coats. its not the quality i dont like but this color...it looks like a murky, dull, kinda dark cool toned purply plum. what i did to bring it to life was; use 1 coat of this, then a heavy coat of wet n wild's sparked..a pinkish-plummy blingy glitter over it and a 2nd coat of plum power. i still dont think it looks that great so wont buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by pinkx23

i have 4 different colors of this brand. but this one and the virtual violet never seem to dry all the way when i paint my finger nails. i love the color though :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by anna0banana

I love this colour!! It is so bright and fun and perfect for spring, or any season for that matter. I was just doing some shopping at the drugstore and decided to stop by the nail polishes. To my surprise they had 2$ off all Sally Hansen nail polishes. I was so happy that I got to try out this polish for only one dollar!! I think that is soo insane haha.
Unfortunately I already had a polish on which I just painted the day before but I actually did not like the colour that much and was thinking of repainting. After I got home I got the idea to paint this over my current colour (Sally Hansen's Enduring Plum) which I was kind of hesitant to do at first but then decided to try since the colours were kind of similar (and they were both 'Plum'!!). It looked soooooo good!! I was so happy because my nails were no longer dull! I applied one coat of this polish and I actually went to cook twenty minutes later and to my surprise this polish did not chip one bit (not even the tips of the tips)without any top coat!
The brush is great since I am a fan of big polish brushes but not the super fat ones since my fingers and nails are quiete thin. The application went smoothly and was very even. I will later try this on its own but I am already super happy with it just because it looks so great with a colour that I have owned for so long. Definetly reccomend! :))

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MISSYRITAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Color is beautiful. Consistancy is ok, it takes a while to drys What I hate-is the brush. The brush is made out of clear plastic fibers, which I have used in the past with no problems, however, this brush seems to be fat and the rod attaching the brush is also fat, causing lots of nail polish to leak down. It was a bit messy but I'm sure with a different brush, the outcome will be awesome. It is in a smaller bottle, which is great for me because nail polishes tend to dry up in the bottle for me since I have a large variety to choose from. Honestly, I only bought this nail polish because it was Sally Hansen and because it was $3 and buy one get one 1/2 off. I would only buy this nail polish again if it was on sale, not for $3. TIP: there were 2 types of brushes. I'm not sure which is the newer version, but the silver top has a skinnier and better brush than the chrome black lid, which is a fat brush, in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I hate this polish! I used it on my hands. The first coat was way too streaky, but the second coat was streaky as well. It literally takes me like 5 coats just to get it be not streaky, and by then it takes forever to dry!
Will never buy again, even for the cheap price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I think of "plum" I think of a reddish-purple; however, I found Plum Power to be more of a mid-tone pink-purple with shimmer. It's a pretty color but more pink than what I was looking for in a perfect plum polish!

Like all of the Xtreme wear polishes, this lasts forever! I've only used it on my toenails but it will last for weeks at a time with hardly a chip (just some grow-out)!

I've found this for $2 at Walmart and up to $3 at other stores.