April 20, 2014 | 1595 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by merekar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Probably the best foundation I've ever used. It doesn't cause irritation, it actually fights acne and it also doesn't make my skin oily! It may be expensive but it totally worth it and I will definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lxurra

This foundation has lasted me well, and the reason I kept going back for more was that I was messing with my acne prone skin so much that I was too scared to try something new. Since this didn't seem to irritate them further and offered decent coverage and shade, I have bought it consistently for a year or two. Unfortunately, my skin has been getting drier and drier (not caused by the foundation) and this is not a product to accommodate this.

The trouble is, many makeup companies think that everyone with acne has oily skin. My skin is actually quite dry. So this means that Clinique anti blemish does require reapplication, and it can look patchy on occasion.

However this review isn't negative- you should know this by the fact I've probably had 5 or 6 bottles! Reapplication is a small price to pay for something that doesn't irritate acne. The coverage is good, as it can be layered. Especially with a stippling brush, you get pretty flawless coverage for most of the day with severe acne, much much longer if you don't have a lot to cover!

I am also ridiculously pale and shade 01 is the only shade of foundation (any brand) that doesn't look like fake tan gone wrong on me! No matter how many layers I apply, it is pale enough. It also feels light and not sticky at all.

However, my skin, as mentioned previously, has been getting drier shortly before and obviously during my accutane experience. Since nearly completing my course, I have therefore stopped the Anti Blemish foundation and moved on to another Clinique foundation for my remaining red marks. If you are on a drying medication, oral or topical, for acne, this (Anti Blemish Solutions) may not be the foundation for you. But I have stuck with Clinique since it is a reliable brand, and I will do so for as long as I can afford it.

That is the downside of all Clinique products, especially for a teenager the cost is a bit high! But I'd rather pay more for decent quality makeup than make my skin worse with cheap, cakey foundations. Unfortunately, good things cost money these days and if you fit the criteria this foundation is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Louisaa2215

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I tried the 5 day sample for this foundation I absolutely loved it. However when I purchased the actual foundation it was very patchy and it was really hard to blend out (shade 02). I would not purchase this again as I think other drug store foundations are better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by CBass56

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Although this product is a bit pricier than your typical high street brands it is really worth it. I suffer from bad break outs but this is really good. Clinique although more expensive are a good quality brand and you can trust what you're putting on your skin. I also find that unlike other products, it allows for paler skin tones (as I am) and doesn't go cakey. Possible downsides to the product is the fact you can't apply multiple layers and that the packaging makes it difficult to get every drop out the bottle. Overall, great product and I personally cannot understand the negative reviews

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by MissHanniBee

Ive reviewed this product in full on my blog - http://misshannibee.blogspot.co.uk/

But a quick review...

The shade range is disappointing - i am very pale and find that even the lightest shade dries a shade darker but is ok after i powder, blush etc

i do think it blends well if you do a section of your face at a time - it seems to set very quickly and the only way i can get it to blend is to use my real techniques face brush...

Overall, its actually helped clean up my skin and having used it for 2 weeks i have found that if i use a cream concealer on any blemishes prior to applying foundation it doesnt stick to any dry patches that i have.

Hanni xo

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by hazelbeth

Thankfully, I only got a free, five day trial pot of this product from my local Clinique counter, as I will not be buying it. I have very fair and blemished skin but after testing three shades of the foundation on my cheek, the sales assistant convinced my that I needed the colour 02. I have since attempted to wear this foundation three times and each time I have been unable to blend it to a colour that suits my skin, as it is way too dark for me. I also found the consistency too thick and uncomfortable to wear. Although I enjoy using the Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions skin care set, I would not recommend this foundation at all; it is difficult to blend as clings to any dry patches or blemishes, instead of covering them. For such a well known, highly priced brand i expected great things from this product and I was excited to try it, I was disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Leannguajardo

I have recently had a bout of cystic acne and wanted to try a foundation that was non-comedogenic. I went to a local Dillard's to try this foundation, I asked if they had samples which they did not. The sales rep tried to match my color but the color I needed was not in stock. She tried a slightly darker color than my skin and it didn't look bad in the store so I bought the concealer, foundation and powder. The next morning I cleansed my face, moisturized and applied the concealer...no problem there. I applied the foundation and used a beauty blender (which I can't live without). Not only did the product dry very fast, so fast that it was difficult to blend. Next I used the powder to set the foundation...no problem there. When arrived at worked, looked in the mirror and was shocked that my face was totally orange. Not slightly orange, I looked like an Oompa Loompa. Needless to say the foundation is a thumbs down and I will be returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by anneranna

I can't belive this product doesn't have the best reviews. I have tried so many foundations for my acne-prone, oily skin, and this is by far the best one! the lightest colour is a perfect match for me.

I always use this when I am going out and my foundation needs to last, but you can use it everyday as well - it doesn't feel or look heavy at all!
it keeps my face matte, covers my blemishes and redness really well and still looks natural!

I really didn't think there was such a thing as "the perfect foundation" for my skin, but here it is :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Caroline244

I cannot live without this foundation. I buy a lot of make-up and people regularly ask me to review other foundations but I just won't. As long as this product stays as it is, I will continue to buy it religiously. I really do notice a difference in my spots if I use a different foundation, I still get a few hormonally, but this really does keep them at bay.
I Use the lightest colour - 01 Fresh Alabaster, and in summer I use 02 mixed with a little moisturiser so it isn't as heavy. I think it is a little expensive, but I will continue to buy it nonetheless. My next splurge will be the anti-blemish solutions gel, i'm hoping it's just as good as the foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this foundation before I bought it.. I was SO disapointed - and glad that I didn't buy it based on good reviwes.. I think it was too difficult to apply and it didn't look good on my skin. :-( Had so high hopes