October 2, 2014 | 1411 users online

Fragrances - Korres - Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on a second bottle of this amazing fragrance. I bought my first bottle 3 years ago, in Libertys in London when my husband and I we were coming back home after our marriage ceremony - I think it is best to buy a new fragrance when you can associate it with a particular occasion in your life.

It is a lovely, warm, spicy and sexy fragrance.

The only problem is that someone I do not really like started wearing the same fragrance recently that spoiled it for me a bit. But I still like to sniff my still full second bottle as it reminds me about very happy moments.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by mafalda14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review (I've been lurking for a while). I'm also a newbie in the perfume world so I cannot describe scents as good as other reviewers. Here goes:
This one is lovely; I mainly get the pepper and the wood, although it is not dry, which is probably due to the jasmine. It is a very warm scent, perfect for chilly days and it has become a daily staple (although I might go for something sultrier in the evening).
It does not seem too long lasting, but then my skin does not hold scent well. The sillage is moderate.

Plus is it very inexpensive, at least here in Greece.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A smell of freshly cut wood, sweet and a bit damp; this could be what others recognize as the tobacco note. If I had to pick a colour for this fragrance it would be bronze or gold. And its season would be autumn with glorious orange sunset and contrasting icy air. Passion fruit and peach are subtle, and just enough to add a note of ripeness to the scent. There is definitely pepper in here, but without the apparent oriental vibe. Instead there is a presence of nature and earthiness evoking an image of a forest floor, with its woodiness, dampness and darkness with lurking flowers. There is a sense of optimism and wisdom. An unusual fragrance (with a properly unusual name) but at the same time familiar, "organic" and unpretentious. Vegan friendly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by stilettoaddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

unique fragrance, so different from the very commercial feminine one. definately a woman's perfume, but one with a masculine air to it. great for a sexy-tomboy look, it ages beautifully throughout the day, i love to spray it on cotton t-shirts or thick jumpers and feel it changing on the clothes. intense but not overpowering.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by tsth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

***I have edited this to go from a 3 to a 4*** My first impression was not great...I wondered what I had done, buying another unsniffed fragrance. But, I also knew it was interesting, and I didn't hate it...it just was not what I expected. I gave it time and lo and behold it became something unique and right. I got the pepper from the first sniff, but I couldn't get the rest of it. After wearing this fragrance throughout the evening, I began to notice a very lovely feminine tobacco essence...this surprised me, I hadn't seen tobacco with regard to it in any review, and not in the notes, for sure. It is a sweet lovely tobacco on me and ever so often I get a whispering waft of it. This is slightly gourmand...must be the chocolate, but this is also workable for summer months, as it is not a heavy fragrance, I was worried at first that it might be fleeting, but it's not. I just get a light sweet tobacco. I don't own anything like this, and considering I was wondering what I was going to wear as a heavy gourmand-lover, for summer. This will do the trick. It is different though, so I would not recommend purchasing unsniffed, (yes, I know, I'm a hypocrite in this category), but it really is very unique. UPDATE: I don't reach for this one much, and I'm not sure why? I tried this again in summer. works really well...definitely get sweet pipe tobacco.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent; this is what came to mind when I first dabbed this. It is really ecellent.
Fresh, green, spicy, woody, all at the same time...
It is marketed as a unisex perfume but I see it better on a lady,as its sweet vanillic base could be a tad to sweet for a guy.
The frag opens with spices and citruses plus sandalwood and vanilla. Jasmine is mixed with passion fruit and Guaiac wood. Warm, sunny and island-like.
Later on in the drydown you get pepper combined with chocolate, greenery and peach.
Not a gourmand, not a green one, but very soft, comforting and elegant; I really enjoy this fragrance, similar to nothing else I have smelled so far.
A must try if you have a chance!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No