December 22, 2014 | 905 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil - Coffee 02

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like defining and widening my eyes with a dark eyeliner; however, there is a fine line between dark and enhancing, and dark, and too harsh.

Thought Coffee 02 would provide enhancing, but it looks a bit harsh on my eyes. When I wear this eyeliner, apply with a light touch. I have used black eyeliner that isn't as harsh as Coffee 02. It's a bold color.

When I first wore this, loved the creaminess of this eyeliner, and how easy to apply. After several uses, noticed it lost an amount of its creaminess. When applied, it tugged a bit. I broke off the tip of the eyeliner, and resharpened to retrieve a new and fresh tip. It is more emollient, after resharpening, but still lacks the creaminess when first purchased.

With a light touch I apply this to my upper lash line and lower line. Tried tight lining with this, but think this works better on lash line. The smudger on the end works okay for smudging, and realigning eyeliner in a straight line.

Rating this with three lippies because staying power is good with this eyeliner, but wanted the initial creaminess to last throughout use of eyeliner. It isn't a bad product, and didn't dry out to a point of experiencing major tugging, but still unsure if I would repurchase. If I do repurchase, a color would have to really grab my attention.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by surai

This is the best cream eyeliner I have tried so far!!! 1st, it glides easily so it's gentle to the eyelids. 2nd, it has that nice smudged look after using the smudger which is the 3rd thing I like about it, being convenient not to switch to another pen and convenient to carry. 4th, i love this color which is not too light to give my eyes the right definition and not too dark that I can use it in the office. 5th) you can make it really dark by applying more strokes for night-outs. 6th, it lasts really loooong without smudging even if I have oily lids. 7th, it does not break when I sharpen it (I have wasted my money before on other cream eyeliners which came in those automatic twist pens that does not require sharpening. They actually break after a few twist). 8th, like gel eyeliners, I find it easy to use in creating the winged effect.... I am planning to try other colors, maybe the blue one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by NotAfraid2BeMe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This pencil is amazing! It stays all day but washes off easily. If you have oily lids, you might have some very very minor fading, but this is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by celinelovesmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A very disappointing product. Greasy, smears very easily and stays maximum 3 hours. the colour is a very hard brown, almost black...I know drug store eye pencils which do a far better job then this expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by stls

This eyeliner is great. I love the color, a deep velvety neutral to cool rich dark brown. Quite pigmented.
The pencil itself looks luxurious and the smudger is awesome.
It glides smoothly and sets rather fast, although you have time to work with it. Lasting power is above average, it doesn't smudge since it sets, only fades a bit throughout the day.
The only reason a lipstick is missing is the fact that it's not the most intense eyeliner for the waterline.
Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by flipthecoin888

The color is beautiful and the pencil just glides on -- no tugging! It's creamy but not *too* smudgy which is perfect. My only problem with it is the staying power. Does not seem to last through lunchtime.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really dreamy eyeliner!! The colour is a perfect dark brown and glides nicely onto the lash line with a trusted primer applied before hand.

I haven't used the smudger on the other end of the stick as of yet but upon feel with the finger tip it feels like it might be a little scratchy.

This eyeliner also smudges nicely with a make up brush and you can build and build this eyeliner!

You do need to reapply for a touch up after a few hours to keep your make up looking fresh but all in all it's a pretty gorgeous eyeliner and I think it might just become a personal favourite!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Glides on really easily and the colour complements my eyes. Still it somehow doesn't stay put for more than 3 hours without or without eyeprimer.

Edit: I found a great way to keep it in place. Dab a q-tip into some hair-gel and dab it on the eyeliner which seals it for the day :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice super soft pencil that glides on with ease compared to previous Estte Lauder Artist eye pencils and it has a very practical smudger which I like. These are quite similar to Clinique Quickliners in terms of how long it lasts on. I have a little bit hoody eye lids and whenever I wear any eye pencils I tend to get it under and over my eyes, they just dont last on me even tough I try to powder under and over, and apply shadow over sometimes it does help if I really powder and powder and use a dry finish base like Laura Mercier eye basics or Trish McEvoy base. But mostly it still smudges. I had kinda hopes for these pencils but it still smudge though it is better than many others. I bought black one and this Coffee one which is really nice deep neutral dark brown, no redness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Love this eyeliner - the best brown ever! It glides on and lasts - brilliant. I use this most days for work and a less 'harsh' look to black eyeliner. Little expensive for what you get but will be purchasing again when i run out.