April 16, 2014 | 1498 users online

Lip Treatments - Badger - Mocha Cocoa Cocoa Butter Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not sure why this product has such negative reviews. I'm in the middle of a harsh Midwestern winter and needed something far stronger than the TokyoMilk tin lip balm I'd been using. This does the trick...it's not as strong as Aquaphor but it smells fine and my lips are not dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the negative reviews- this is one of my favorite, most effective lip balms. I will say this, the scent is most definitely not sweet and cocoa-ish like a mocha, it smells of cocoa butter with a faint coffee scent, so if you absolutely need to have a sweet, yummy scented lip balm, this is not for you. It does not smell terrible, it's just plain and natural. You get a good amount, and don't need to reapply too often as it is emollient and very moisturizing. It has the feel of a lip butter, but in tube form. It applies smoothly and lasts, even through the night (I mainly use prior to bed, and wake up to soft lips). I tried the Creamy Cocoa one, and maybe it was my tube, but I find Mocha Cocoa to be smoother and more moisturizing. A lovely, natural lip balm that I love..Badger is a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really not that taken with this lip balm. I love the Badger body butters, but this is the first lip product I tried from them, and it just is not particularly impressive. The smell is definitely a cocoa butter smell; I don't mind it, but if you're not used to it it might smell a bit weird. There's no noticeable taste to this product, which is a plus for me. It's fairly moisturising, lasts a few hours, feels okay on the lips. There really aren't any huge problems. I don't like the texture - it's quite lumpy feeling to apply, although it feels smooth on the lips, and it's quite a hard stick, and takes a bit of work to get on. Eh. I like that it's natural, but I'd still reach for any of my Nivea balms over it any day. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My tube of this doesn't smell like mocha at all...it smells like a**.

I checked the expiration date, it is apparently still good, but it has the distinct old crayons smell of off lip products. I smell no mocha, no cocoa butter, just old crayons and a**. I can only assume that this is how the tube is supposed to be.

I love the packaging- a nice thick stick with the twisty part at the top. Badger is also one of my favorite brands so I'm kinda sad over this situation.

I'm finishing off this tube as cuticle cream. The few times I tried to use it on my lips, I was impressed with the glide and texture, but I just couldn't with the smell.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

despite th eother 2 negative reviews, i love this lip balm. i just bought it the other day at sprouts health food grocery store. i love anything coffee scented or flavored and this tastes and smells just like a chocolate mocha coffee, right up my alley! this one comes in a much bigger tube than the other lip balms i've seen by badger and its bigger than the badger spf lip balm i had (wich kinda sucks by the way).. i like that its bigger and i just love the smell, taste, and art work of this product, plus the fact that its organic. it was $4.99 at 25% off when i bought this, i would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the regular Badger lip balm, but I read that the cocoa butter balms were more moisturizing, so I decided to give them a try. This is more moisturizing than the regular Badger lip balm, and I love the consistency--very moisturizing, not waxy or greasy (it is distinctly less slick than the regular balm). However, I intended to purchase the regular cocoa flavor and accidentally picked up the mocha flavor instead. It's fine, not overly strong, but I don't love it, so I don't think I will repurchase this flavor.

Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Beeswax, Organic Castor Bean Oil, CO2 Extracts of Organic Coffee, Organic Rosehip, and Organic Seabuckthorn Berry, and Organic Aloe Barbadensis Extract. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use unrefined cocoa butter, which is a hard solid that melts on contact with skin, as a body moisturizer. This is that in a lip balm stick with mocha scent injected. Expensive, but its just cocoa butter with a few additives, so I will not repurchase.