August 23, 2014 | 1759 users online

Treatments (Face) - Perricone - Cold Plasma - Face

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am hooked! Despite the fact that it smells like low tide, I LOVE THIS STUFF! I can muscle my way through the odor to be beautiful!!!! My skin is brighter, smoother, more even toned, and over all much improved. The tiny fine lines around my eyes are almost invisible. I can wear tinted moisturizer for the first time in my life! Thank you Dr. perricone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by chantelmccray

I spent and ungodly amount of money on the Pore Prescription Set which includes Citrus Cleanser, Intensive Pore Minimizer (a toner type product), and Intensive Pore Treatment. I also purchased Cold Plasma and the Advanced Evening Repair in an insecure and deperate moment. I'll admit I got a little light headed and sick to my stomach when I pressed the complete purchase button. I started using all of the products at the same time. I use the entire Pore Prescription Set in the AM, applying Cold Plasma after the toner and before the pore treatment. In PM I use the cleanser, the toner, Cold Plasma, then High Potency Evening Repair. I don't know which of these products is doing the heavy lifting, or if they all just work brilliantly together, but after 3 weeks of following this regimen, my skin has NEVER looked better!

From the time I turned 19 until today (I'm 35) I have had uneven, splotchy skin. I have struggled with cyctic hormonal breakouts, stress breakouts, enlarged pores, and blackheads on my nose and cheeks. Not only do I always have at least two huge pimples to cover up at any given time, usually more, but now I'm getting wrinkles on my forehead and around my nose. My skin can go from oily in the summer to extrememly dry in the winter. And the last couple of months (while I was using the Somme Skincare regimen) it got even worse. Not only did I have the usual cyctic acne, but my forehead and both jaws become covered with tiny red pimples. And absolutely nothing I tried would make them disapear. Three weeks ago, before I started this regimen, my skin had never looked worse.

I have spent thousands of dollars over the years trying to find something that will give me the clear, even toned skin of my dreams. I have tried drugstore brands like Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Proactive, and Roc. More expensive brands like B. Kamins, Dr. Hauschka, Murad, DDF, Skinscuenticals, La Roche Posey, Avene, Erno Lazlo, Somme, Dermalogica, Skin Medica, Bliss, Kiehls, Dr. Brandt, and countless others. I've also been to several dermatologists and doctors for microdermabrasion, peels, facial, prescription Glycolic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Retinol, antibiotics and birth control pills. So I was more than a little nervous that this system wasn't going to work because I didn't start seeing results within the first week. I know, I'm an impatient person, but all of these products were ridiculously expensive and I was scared I had once again wasted my money. In fact, for the first couple of weeks my skin became even more oily. By week two though, all of my cyctic pimples deep down in my skin were gone. I could feel new ones come up under the skin, but they would shrink and disappear within a couple of days and never broke the surface or became visible enough to need to cover with makeup. Also in week two, the breakout of tiny red pimples all over my forehead and jaw that had been there for two months started to disapear. I looked in the mirror when I woke up this morning and I am AMAZED! It's week three and I am so happy to say I do not have ONE pimple anywear on my face, the pores on my nose and cheeks are smaller and completely clear of blackheads, the fine lines on my forhead are less visible, and my skin is more even toned than it has ever been been. I am so excited. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror!

I don't know if these products or this specific regimen will work for everyone, and I know they are really expensive, and they don't smell as lovely as other products that don't work, but this has worked for me when nothing else has. I will spend less on clothes, bags, eating out, travel...anything, to be able to afford to keep using these products. I have wished for nice skin for 16 years and now I have it. When I looked in the mirror this morning, I finally felt beautiful. That's worth it to me.

I should also note that I've been trying to lose 15 pounds, so I've cut out all fast food and packaged food and have been eating only fresh meat, cheese, fruits, vegetables, olive oil and lots of water (about 10 glasses a day.) No Fast food, packaged food, sugar or grains of any kind. This could have a lot to do with how my skin looks, but not all. I've eaten a healthy diet like this before and had some improvement, but never this good. So I know the products are helping.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK so at first I tried and loved this product (below was my first review) till it ran out & I read this on paula's choice!! and they test on animals! NEVER buying again - TOTAL GIMICK!

_________________________________________________________________
This thing is a friggin' life saver! BEST THING IVE EVER USED ON MY FACE!

Pros:daily exfoliant/toner - read the package it does everything it says it will - cleared my face up instantly - brightened my face - softer texture of skin - just an overall HG product

Cons: its $95 at Sephora and smells like a bad fish market for like 5 minutes

Its my HG for life. Ive used less than half a bottle in all of march (you only use it at night after cleansing) and its completely changed my face. What was once acne prone ugly lifeless face is now cleared, my acne scars are almost gone, my face is brighter and I am generally in love with this product. It makes me want to wash my face at night bc I know it will look great from use.

*****Now, I say ask someone at Sephora to use it on you first - that's what me and a friend di and we both bought it that same day. Ive never seen such a difference and ive used almost everything at Sephora possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Zoek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a review for the entire "Science of Cold Plasma" kit ($98 at Ulta), since I've used all four products from this kit and can't tell which product(s) are causing which improvements. The kit claims to resolve wrinkles, enlarged pores, dryness, loss of smoothness, discoloration, impurities, loss of radiance, uneven skin tone, redness, and loss of firmness. I've used everything in the kit twice daily. I'm starting to see lots of neck crepiness (yuck!), "slacky" skin, and deeper wrinkles now that I'm in my mid 50s.

After 16 days of use, my skin is less dry (even in nasal folds, where I have dermatitis), and dramatically more radiant (which I am assuming is thanks to the Blue Plasma). My face, neck & decollete are SUPER SOFT and have the smoothness and sheen that you get after a good micropeel. My eyes are slightly less crepey. These are wonderful improvements! I think Blue Plasma may be HG since my sensitive skin can't handle mechanical exfoliation or harsh peels.

I feel a slight sense of increased firmness (my skin feels tighter--but I don't actually see significant improvement yet), and I think the increased moisturization may be helping to plump skin. I'm hoping that I will see more improvements (especially firmness & reduced pore size) over the next few months. I expect this kit to last about a month, so will buy at least one more before deciding whether this is a HG product.

As nearly everyone has said, there definitely is a fishy smell, but this is not a deal-breaker as long as I see results.

From Perricone:

This set contains:
- 1 oz Blue Plasma (non-acidic, leave-on daily peel)
- 0.25 oz Cold Plasma Eye
- 0.5 oz Cold Plasma Face
- 1 oz Cold Plasma Sub-D (neck & decollete)

Blue Plasma is a non-acidic peel that delivers all the benefits of a traditional peel, without causing surface redness, irritation, or damage to the skin. Cold Plasma Eye is a cream-based serum that delivers optimal hydration and minimizes the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. Cold Plasma is a revolutionary treatment formulated to address the 10 most visible signs of aging and impart gorgeous, supple, healthy-looking skin. Cold Plasma Sub-D offers a non-invasive treatment to sculpt and tighten the appearance of skin along the chin and jawline.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by steph1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does it smell bad? Yes. That being said, I have used this product for a month now, and it has really helped my dry skin. I have had sandpaper-like skin on my cheeks and jaw area and nothing has worked. Cold plasma gives my skin a "plumped" look and my fine lines seem to be minimized. A little goes a long way (as it should for the price). I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I bought the Cold Plasma trial set at Ulta; this is my first foray into Perricone products. I'm currently on my second jar of Cold Plasma.

At first I didn't like it at all - fishy smell, seemed drying and my face felt uncomfortable. Initially I would apply an Elizabeth Arden capsule underneath the Cold Plasma... then I read the information on the Perricone website and realized that Cold Plasma is a treatment and is meant to be used underneath a moisturizer - not by itself! The Cold Plasma trial set box really doesn't have the information necessary to use the products; you need to check the website out.

After 4 weeks, Cold Plasma made my skin glow and feel very firm. Expression lines have definitely softened and I have 'fresh' looking skin. The fish smell doesn't really bother me anymore and my guy never noticed anything so if you can power through the initial shock of the fish smell it's absolutely worth it. Following my experiment with Cold Plasma I purchased other Perricone products; I use Cold Plasma first then Ester C and finally the Face Finishing moisturizer. I can go without makeup at age 43 and my skin looks gorgeous.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by NinaE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow and wow! I have tried many many face products before, but not one has had the amazing instant result as Cold Plasma has given me. Initially I was worried after reading all these 'smelly' reviews but when i opened my jar I could not smell a thing. Also, after putting it on my face I cant smell anything bad. At least it doesn't have a sweet parfumy chemical smell, like the others. This product makes my skin smooth, radiant, pores disappear and its very very soft. Now I hardly even have to put foundation on it. For the first time my face looks better without foundation than with. It is worth the money and I will keep using it. LOVE IT!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have such mixed reviews about this product. I used it for about 4-5 months religiously before stopping cold turkey. Fact is, it made my skin glow, but gave me THE WORST blackheads ever. I have stopped using it for a month, and I am still pulling out the blackheads. The worst was on the cheeks next to my nose, the forehead, and just horrific on my chin area. It was so bad on my chin that there were just bumps everywhere, no smooth surface at all. I could take a tweezers, grab a blackhead, and pull it out of my skin, about 20 times a day. It is still going on and it is ridiculous. I finally stopped and switched to Retin- A, which is helping rid my skin of all these terrible blackheads. My chin is finally starting to look normal and not grotesque anymore.
The positives for this product is that it did keep my skin relatively clear, other than the horrible blackheads. It made my skin nice and glowy. I never really cared for the smell. It smells like fish and something synthetic mixed in. For the price, this is definitely not worth it for me. This would be an amazing product for someone who is older, say 30+, that doesn't struggle with mild acne. I am 18.

EDIT: 3 months after using this, my skin is still clearing up. WORST PRODUCT EVER.

And ANOTHER EDIT: I am on accutane now, the harshest oral medication that treats acne. It is finally bringing all the blackheads I got from this product to the surface. I cannot begin to explain how much I regret buying this product and using it. If you have acne, BEWARE.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by emilyasalways

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I noted in my review of the Perricone Skin Clear supplements, I am picky and hard-to-please. However, I think Cold Plasma is the best treatment/moisturizer I've ever used. I find that I don't need a separate moisturizer with this, which is great to know (but I am using the Face Finishing Moisturizer that the SA convinced me I would need with this on my hands since I don't need it on my face with Cold Plasma).

I like that Cold Plasma sinks into my skin quickly, rather than sitting on top and giving me the shine that more poor quality creams had done in the past. It makes my skin softer, and just generally smoother.

This IS expensive, so I would advise anyone trying it to make sure they get their money's worth by not sabotaging their skin goals by eating garbage. No, the cream will not change your skin if you don't eat properly, but if you eat clean (read any of the Perricone books for advice), Cold Plasma will really work to improve the surface of your skin.

I am 34 and have been following Perricone's diet plan since I was 25. I read his book on a plane after finding it in the seat back pocket, and his ideas on nutrition really made sense, plus I liked fish and knew that my diet wasn't the best back then. I am so grateful, and I really feel that the good condition of my skin and hair now is due to his nutrition advice, BUT I could not afford to try his topical treatments at 25. Perricone really taught me about nutrition, and as I said, I have followed his diet plan since reading his book 9 years ago: I trust him/his products just because the nutrition advice has worked so well even without buying the creams/supplements, but at 34, I have decided that now that I can afford to "step it up" a notch in my skin care regime, I should probably do it, and so of course it will be with Perricone products. This past year, I started taking his supplements for skin, and also giddily purchased Cold Plasma.

I will repurchase this item, as well as the matching eye cream.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh I wish I didn't love this so much. It's crazy expensive. But hot damn, it's amaze. After a double-course of Accutane years ago, it's rare that I break out. But the occasional product will do it to me, especially those that are very moisturizing, especially anything with hyaluronic acid. But this is lovely. It makes my skin glow and is wonderfully hydrating. Also, I recently added a DIY Vit C serum (the best thing I've done in years), which may be what I really needed. Lastly, the smell. Yes, it really sucks. I'm surprised BF hasn't complained yet. But there's a reason it smells like that -- the ingredients Perricone uses are great and for me it's worth the compromise.