Skinfood Green Tea Milk Cleansing Gel

on 3/19/2013 12:06:00 PM

I bought this thinking it was a facial wash kinda gel. Apparently not. Like the previous reviewer said, this is more like a pre-cleansing cleanser / makeup remover. Totally do not need this. I remove makeup using sunflower or grapeseed oil and they're very effective.

However, it's great for when I'm too tired to wash my face at night but I need to remove the minimal makeup I wear/just clean my face. I put some on a cotton ball, wipe and leave it on! Doesn't dry my face out, no breakouts either. Overall, great to have a product like this around

on 3/21/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

"This refreshing cleansing gel combines fresh green tea extract with smooth milk extract to wash away dirt, oil and makeup, leaving the skin pure and clear"

I'm not sure why this is called a cleansing gel, because it's purpose is to remove makeup. I would call this a 'pre-cleanser/makeup remover' really. To apply, just take a blob and smear it on your face, rubbing it in gently until your makeup has dissolved. Then you can either wipe it off with a cotton pad/tissue/face cloth or rinse it off with water. I usually use a cotton pad but I have also used water and that worked fine too. Make sure you use your regular cleanser after this, because this cleansing gel only removes surface makeup.

As a pre-cleanser, I think this is very nice. My skin is normal-combo and it's perfect for my skintype. It leaves my face feeling soft/smooth and not stripped of oils or moisture. It also leaves me feeling very refreshed, and gets my surface makeup off very well. No breakouts or irritation. The gel texture is very cooling on my skin, and the added green tea is a plus in my book.

If you want a gentle pre-cleanser then definately have a look at this.

I would repurchase.