October 1, 2014 | 1189 users online

Blush - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush and Bronzer

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by silverkoala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got it on clearance for $6 and honesty wouldn't repurchase even at $1 it's shimmery, chalky, if you put too little you can't see anything but shimmer, if you put a little more you look like a cartoon.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by SoonMi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this product in "Rosy Glow 60" many years ago, after having a friend use it on my face for a birthday party. After I purchased it, I tried to the use the brush to apply it (BAD IDEA), and had a hard time using the blush and bronzer without having the colors tough each other.
I threw it in the back of my makeup stash until one day, I decided to use a nicer blush brush & put it through both of the blush & bronzer. This blush/bronzer duo is now my current favorite because it gives a more neutral look than many of my other blushes that look too pink on my olive/neutral skintone. This is a pretty pricey product ($12) for being at the drugstore. Some blushes (such as the PUR minerals Pressed-Powder blushes) are only $16.. which are only $4 more expensive than these Neutrogena Blushes. If you're looking for an HG Blush, I'd go to a SA at ULTA and have them try some cheaper High-end blushes.. Many shades are hit-or-miss so it's great to check them out first.
Reading through these other reviews though, they have sparked my interest in trying "Posie Glow" or "Natural Glow"...so I may wait until a good sale/coupons and pick them up to try out ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this blush in posie glow. It'a a pretty color but I didn't really expect much from it. I usually only use matte blushes and bronzers. I'm very fair and the blush is beautiful on my skin. I also really like it over MUFE HD blush in #4 walk of shame. They compliment each other beautifully. The bronzer is sheer and good for my coloring. Anything too dark looks garish on me. I'm not taking a lippy off for the brush. I never use the brush that drugstore blushes come with. In my opinion they all suck. Get the real techniques blush brush instead, it's amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by pinkqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This blush & Bronzer duo was a huge disappointment. It is very chalky, the brush is course and had lots of fallout. The color payoff is very sad unless you really dig in. The packaging is thin and sturdy. For $12+ dollars I'm shocked that people like this. Maybe it's just the shade I got in Rosy Glow. It performs like a dollar store product. It was hard to blend and started fading by the fourth hour. I find using a different brush, hugely improves the application, as the brush it comes with is horrible. Using a different brush gets rid of most of the chalkiness, but payoff is still light. The brush upsets me because now it's just wasted space in the palette. I've used cheaper blushes/bronzes, w/ brush, from other brands with much better results. For the money this should have been much better. I also agree that it is too shimmery to look natural.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lovethatmakeup

The bronzer in this duo is useless, quite powdery(some think is a good thing?) too. The brush is also trash. I have in the shade Natural Glow 10. The blush is usable. It is more of a natural look rather than a rosy or pinky glow, so I guess Natural Glow is an appropriate name. The packaging is extremely plastic-y and feels both cheap and some-what "solid" at the same time, but not the best. It's on the pricier side for my taste, not worth the money. Will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I've been on the hunt for the perfect blush. I've been using Flirt's Carmelle Belle for years now, but I wanted something brighter and something a little more available (Flirt is only at Kohls or online). On a whim, I bought Posie Glow. It was so good, I've literally stopped using all my Flirt blushes AND stopped looking for the perfect blush period. I went back and bought Natural Glow just bc the blush color was calling to me. It's even better than Posie Glow! A few things- I use bronzers all year long, but only as blushes in the winter months. I find these bronzers too shimmery for a full-on-face bronzer. It's meant for highlighting only. But the bronzers are SO nice, that I haven't even looked elsewhere. I have large pores and poor skin so I stay away from shimmer. The shimmer is so fine, you can't see it. But the blush side? That's where they're really beautiful. Honestly, I can't find a blush OR highlighting bronzer that compete. The only downside? They're about $12 for a drugstore product. I don't mind the cost, but some may think it's too costly. The quality is there though, IMO. Have already repurchased.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for a touch of color (as suggested from the name "Healthy glow") and found it too pigmented for that purpose. Also, it is almost impossible to access just the blush or just the bronzer. I can see it working for someone who is looking for a shiny, pigmented blush and doesn't intend to use the blush and the bronzer separately.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

The only reason I am not giving this product 5 lippies is because the brush is horrible, too stiff and leaves hairs in your face. I threw it right away. Now, on the bronzer side, I have the duo in Posie Glow, and the bronzer is just what I wanted, a subtle golden highlight. And now the blush part, I can't describe how beautiful, long lasting, skin perfecting, photo flattering it is. I have fair-medium skin, but I think this shade (posie glow) will work on everyone. I will stock on these blushes (all shades) next time I visit the US

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Natural Glow, and while I find the correlating bronzer a bit sparkly and orange-y for my skin tone and taste, the blush portion is something remarkable. I love the texture, and it really does something for my skin that no other blush I've used does. It gives me a really beautiful glow. I have fairly light skin, with fairly rosy cheeks, and this plays up my natural cheek color without emphasizing the redness. I've actually tried to match this color and the effect it imparts in several other higher-end blushes (Nars, Dior, Smashbox, Clinique, to name a few) in order to find something "better" than Neutrogena, but honestly, nothing else measures up. I need to just stop wasting money and accept that this is my best blush, regardless of its price point and brand name. The packaging is fine, and even the little angle brush isn't bad, but I wish they would separate the bronzer and blush for easier application.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mst3knut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish it were federally mandated that all drugstore powder blushes have this formulation. It is so soft and smooth. You can use either shade separate or blend them together for a beautiful shade. I own Rosie Glow, Posie Glow, Natural Glow and Raisin Glow. They go on sheer but buildable so its difficult to make these look bad.