April 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

1st Impressions as I just bought it from Walmart 2day...LOVE it. It makes my eye-lashes sooo long & feel great if that makes any sense. I was surprised b/c I did not expect it to be anything all that amazing. The SA at Shoppers Drug Mart said Canada does not have it anymore, so when I went to Walmart 2day I was shocked to see quite a few in stock (perhaps the last remaining ones? not sure...) Anyhow I will re-purchase & order from America on-line if I have to or perhaps nab some more at the Walmart this wknd. Oh, I also like that my lashes curled so much. Not the most thickening, but that's ok, my skimpy but long lashes are kinda hard to thicken up no matter what I use it seems lol. My friend actually said that it looked like I was wearing false lashes they were so long & curled. I find the application fun too - the 2steps. Rarely re-purchase anything but Colossal, Mega Plush & Great Lash lol but I think I'll nab some more. $13.50 at Walmart (incl HST taxes) is not so bad either considering it is supposed to be a treatment type mascara as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Jennypark33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to have long eyelashes when I was younger. Then it had been thinning a little by little, until I decided that eyelash extensions is absolutely necessary for happiness. I had extensions for a year and it completely destroyed my eyelashes. So after playing around with several DIY serums with Vaseline. olive oil, castor oil and vitamin e, it helped to make my eyelashes look healthier, and maybe improved the length a little, but I was looking for more length and more fullness. I tried Loreal lash boosting serum and it didn't work as I expected, so I had to buy more expensive stuff. Fysiko was $140, but it lasted almost 8 months, even I had been applying on eyebrows. I had been using Fysiko eyelash serum for 2 months and also applying falsies for everyday makeup, while my eyelashes are growing. because my eyelashes had been next to invisible. After 2 months I dropped falsies and was able to wear only mascara. see before and after pictures http://fysikolashes.com/fysiko-eyelash-serum-reviews/fysiko-eyelash-serum-before-and-after-pictures/
if your problem is just j=healthier eyelashes and a little length to be improved, try loreal, it will work for you, but if you need serious help, like I did, probably will end up getting more expensive stuff

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by DarthSkittles

If it weren't for the SA in Priceline (basically an Australian version of Watson's) I would have never chosen this mascara. At the time, I was looking for a growth serum for my lashes but the SA dragged me to L'Oreal and showed me this product. I guess the reason why I bought it was because the packaging was intriguing with such a beautiful deep jewel blue. I think it was AU$28... Okay. You caught me, it was an impulse buy :( lol

I've used this for two months and it's nothing more but average.

Pros: it is a little volumising and builds up nicely if you take your time. It is also not a crunchy mascara if you apply a thin coat of both ends. The removal is also easy and manageable with Luke warm water :) but will leave panda eyes if you just use water

Cons: First of all, I don't think the serum even works for me.. I do not see any differences with my eyelashes and it's length. Secondly, sometimes I cannot conceal the white serum on my eyelashes on the inner corners of my eye properly!! Grr! It becomes annoying when you're on the run
And lastly.. It becomes very flaky if you go beyond two coats of the actual black mascara. With that price, I would expect so much better...

And so putting in my two cents, I'd only recommend this mascara if you have moderately long lashes that need a bit of oomph; the lengthening is average and not so spectacular sadly ;(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Stressielu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hate this. For a drugstore mascara, it is overpriced. The "serum" is horrible pasty stuff that crisps up your lashes. The mascara is nothing special - and in fact, a bit clumpy and gloopy.
I am regrowing my lashes from chemo and hoped that while they were still short, this would naturally define and condition them. Instead, my lashes are brittle and it's impossible to apply without blobs all over my lids.
Won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by claudy1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this mascara,so expensive and don't works

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by willcaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had eye lash extensions for about a year and a half and the woman who did them switched the glue which unfortunately severely irritated my eyes, so I had to remove them. She actually recommended this mascara to me since, when I removed my extensions, my lashes were really short and stubby. I was so disappointed that I did that to my once long and beautiful lashes all for lashes that were maybe a centimeter longer and a bit darker; a look I easily could have achieved with the right mascara. But after using this for a little over a month now, my lashes are longer, stronger, and I seem to have more lashes now than I ever did before! So the lash boosting serum part of this duo has absolutely helped me. As for the mascara, I used to strictly use Lancome products but this works just as well as a $30 tube of the designer stuff. Natural looking, easy to build, brush reaches all my lashes, and covers the white coat from "Step 1" completely (which I've experienced trouble with with other two step mascaras). Also, for a non-waterproof mascara, it doesn't flake off throughout the day which I'm very please with but is also easy to remove. I recommend this to everyone I know. It is slightly pricier than other drug store mascaras but it is worth it and im so glad I gave it a try. I am so pleased that my lashes are back to their original glory!

I would also like to note that I gave this a 4 for overall rating because I haven't tried any other lash growing serums and I have no idea if this works better than anything else, but it has absolutely worked for me. I also use this nearly every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by brianna1quirt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product it doesn't clump eyelashes, lasts all day, and gives a full appearance to the eyelashes. A very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cobblest

It's a ok product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by MilaJH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this twice. And I probably will buy again. It's an amazing product. And I don't know whether it was the placebo effect, but I really felt like my lashes were stronger and growing more. However the biggest CON. THE PACKAGING. It simply starts disintegrating, after a month's use. Both times it's happened. -5/10 for packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by rca417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, let's talk about the glory that is this product: picked it up at Harmon a few weeks ago and I am floored by how much I love it. I've been using Rapidlash nightly for the past month or so (which has been a miracle product for both my eyelashes and my sparse eyebrows) and that, in conjunction with this mascara, has given me AMAZINGLY long lashes. Seriously, it's insane...I barely even need mascara anymore, yet I still wear it because I love the benefits this product gives. It doesn't smudge or flake at all, and I've really put this to the test: if I sleep out at my boyfriend's house and don't take my eye makeup off (I know, badbadbad) I still wake up without any smudges underneath my eyes. The primer/serum lengthens like crazy upon application and, unlike many other double-ended mascaras I've tried, the actual mascara end goes on over the white primer without any problems. Another thing I adore about this is that you can build it up without ANY clumping whatsoever. If you want long, clean, full, defined lashes with the added benefit of lash growth, this is the product for you. I'm very fickle with mascaras and tend to buy a different formulation each time I run out, but I think I've finally found one that I'll remain faithful to. Thank you, L'Oreal, you really stepped up your game with this puppy.