September 30, 2014 | 1967 users online

Styling Products - Aveeno - Active Naturals Nourish + Style Smoothing Shine Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

This product did not do as it said it would. I was looking for a nourishing cream that would smooth my hair and make it shinier, and obviously I went to this because it's called nourish+style smoothing shine creme...
I guess it's nice because because I usually use a mousse in my hair, and with this I didn't need a mousse. You also don't need a lot. But my hair was frizzy and dry and it wasn't shiny. Pretty terrible.
What angers me is that it advertised to do a certain thing, and it did not do as it promised. I ended up wasting my money. At least it wasn't expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product, but I can see how people would be disappointed by it: it doesn't actually do what it says it's going to do, but rather does some other good thing. The product claims it will make the hair smooth and shiny. My hair tends to get limp and too soft to hold a style, and so I tend to avoid things like smoothers and shine-enhancers. I tried this on a friend's recommendation, however, and then had to buy a bottle for myself. Rather than make my hair smooth or shiny or soft, it did the opposite -- surprisingly, in a good way. It made my hair thicken up and gave it a major volume boost. I can also feel the protein in this creme working to really strengthen my hair. When I use this, my hair does not feel limp or wispy or too soft to hold a curl (I have very long, fine curly hair) but rather strong and thick, capable of holding style and bounce. My hair had gotten too soft from too much "moisture," and I find this product is great for injecting some bulk back into my hair.
I think this product would benefit from a name change - they should advertise it more as a volumizer/strengthening treatment. Also, I took off a lippy because my pump is clogged/barely functional and so it's a pain for me to get product out of the nozzle. I use about a quarter-sized dollop of this stuff for my entire head of waist-length hair. Also I really like that it doesn't give off an offensive smell - the scent in the bottle is very subtle, and in your hair it completely disappears.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Useless. Not 'smoothing', what 'shine'? Makes hair dull, lank and lifeless. Not recommended at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product is overall, "average". There's nothing special about it nor particularly damning. The price is around $6.99 at my local Wal-Mart. The packaging feels cheap and flimsy, the pump behaves erratically at best. The product itself is not very good. I have very thick, very fine, straight, fair hair which is just touching my shoulders. Any sort of build up is extremely noticeable. Upon using a single pump of this and working it through my hair, I notice that my hair feels heavier and waxier. As the day goes by, my hair becomes weighted down to the point that it is visible. At the end of the day, my hair is extremely greasy and I cannot get home fast enough. I would not recommend this product and I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very straight hair and, in the winter, I need something that will keep my hair from being static prone and flying all over the place. This is perfect for that. I'm not sure what else it is good for, but for my needs it fit the bill. It's pretty cheap, smells faintly floral (to me, anyway), comes in a convenient pump dispenser and I only need a couple of pumps at a time. It makes my hair smooth and keeps it sleek. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by anonymiss321321

I just boughts this at Walgreens for 4 bucks on clearance. The first thing I noticed is that it smells slightly fishy, like another reviewer said. Funny, I thought it was just me. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything at all for my hair, not smoothing or moisturizing enough at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 4 months now. I have thick, fairly straight, Asian hair that requires some taming every now and then. I've tried Chi Silk Infusion and BioSilk Silk Therapy as well. Aveeno's product is, to me, is just "okay". It's much cheaper than the Chi & BioSilk formulas, but doesn't really do much for me. There isn't a noticeable "shine", and as far as smoothing my hair out....well, maybe it does a LITTLE BIT, but not quite as well as the Chi and BioSilk. The problem with these other brands is that they start to dry out your hair after you use it a lot. Overall, this is nothing fancy or extra special. I like that it's not as high in alcohol like the Biosilk treatment, but I wish they made this so that it really did make my hair look shinier and smoother.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I like this overall as a styling creme and it does a good job, but I probably won't buy it again as I get a slightly off/fishy scent when I put it on the ends of my hair. The scent does go away (or at least I hope it does), but still....it's not pleasant. Maybe it's the protein in it? I'm going to try something else to tame my crazy winter hair, because fishy just doesn't do it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot. It was inexpensive ($6.49 at CVS) and seems to do what it says. I have medium thick but fine textured hair that tends not so much to frizz, but to just do it's own thing in more humid weather, and not look very smooth. I usually use the Neutrogena leave in styling conditioning creme, and think this is very comparable.

It leaves my hair smooth and soft, with a nice shine and light body. The effect seems to last all day. It comes in a nice pump bottle. Not a strong scent.

This is the first Aveeno hair product I have tried, and since I am happy with the results, I will have to try more!

EDITED TO ADD
I must have just been having really good hair days when I first used this, because now it ain't doing a dang thing. In fact, I think it is making my hair look flat and frizzy at the ends. Blahh.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as a cheaper alternative to Aveda's Smooth Infusion. I get similar results with this, smooth and manageable hair. Does a great job making my wavy hair not frizzy, I can very much tell when I forget to use this. I use it on wet hair, blow dry, straighten, then add moroccan oil.
I love the package because it has a lid and it also twists close if your lose or break the lid. Very inexpensive at around $6, compared to $20-ish. There have been lots of coupons in the paper and on the website too for $1 off. :)