The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/27/2015 8:36:00 AM

(fair/combination)

i use a small amount of this highlighter most days, and i really like it for the price. i'm still too cheap to try the becca one, but for 12 with almost daily application this has lasted me way more than six months, so i'd call it really excellent value for money.

there isn't a massive amount of shimmer in this product. i like to keep my makeup quite natural looking and this just gives me a nice dewy look around my cheekbones without looking like i've got glitter on my face. it blends really well and looks really natural. i usually apply this with my fingers because it's easier, but it does look better when you put it on with a foundation brush. i don't use much foundation, especially around the areas i'm applying this to, where my skin is usually clear, so i'm usually just putting this onto clean, moisturised skin. in the summer i get some freckles around my cheeks usually, and i think highlighter over freckles looks adorable. i'd definitely recommend this for natural looking makeup, but i can't speak to what it looks like with a heavier base.

(if my skin looks really tired and i'm going out or i want to look extra nice, sometimes i'll put a really really really tiny amount of this stuff into my moisturiser and apply it as normal, before using foundation. it's extremely subtle, but it gives my skin a bit of a glow. i bet beauty companies would call this a 'radiance boosting formula' and charge at least an extra tenner for it.)

i'll definitely try the becca shimmering skin perfector at some point since i've heard too many good things about it, but unless it absolutely knocks me off my feet with how amazing it is, i'll come back to this affordable and really good highlighter from the body shop.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I don't love this highlighter. I love highlighters in general though so I might be a bit picky. The main thing I don't like about it is the process of application. You really have to be careful because this stuff kinda rubs your foundation right off if you don't like pat it on, however, you can't just pat it on because it sort of stains your face where you first touched it to your face so you have to do a good job of blending it out. I apply this with a small stippling brush and I WAIT until my foundation is totally dry and I'm careful putting it on. I still use it and it looks pretty and I truly love the beautiful glow it gives you and the staying power but nope, wouldn't re-purchase it's too much of a hassle to apply.

on 11/8/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I rarely ever use highlighter - it isn't something I feel I need, and I feel like it would just be pointless as my skin is so shiny naturally, which is exactly what I try to hide. However, my mum gave me some of her makeup as she doesn't wear it anymore, and she must have had maybe fifty or so products she hadn't opened, including two bottles of this highlighter.
Don't get me wrong, I tried so hard to love it. After all, it's 12 for a tube of this, and I had two. But I hate this product so much!
I applied my foundation as I usually do, and then I went ahead and applied this highlighter. The website claims it is easily blendable, but the second I attempted to blend it, it wiped away all of the foundation around that area. Once I was finished applying this, I was left with patchy foundation and extremely greasy-looking skin - not the healthy, radiant glow this product promises.
I assumed I'd done something wrong as I had never used highlighter before that experience, so I decided to try it again. I tried it many ways, applying it over powder, with different foundations, with different types of foundation, everything. But it always had the same effect; it removed all of the makeup underneath and left my skin looking greasy.
I also noticed that within a couple of days of using the product, my skin would break out in the areas I'd used it. I imagine this is due to one of the ingredients, but I've never bothered to check, and probably never will.
I was going through my makeup collection earlier today, and I found this product lying at the back of my drawer. I decided I'd give it a shot, but this time I decided to apply it under my foundation. This was a better way to do it - my foundation applied well enough over the top, but the highlighter didn't show through, and so it just felt like I had a layer of grease on my face. It was a totally unnecessary step that I am definitely not inserting into my daily makeup routine. And now my skin is most likely going to break out again, which is something I can assure you I am ever so excited for.
Having oily skin, I assumed that may affect the results of this product as it has a fairly oily consistency in itself. But I told my mum I didn't like it and I asked her if she wanted it back - she said no, and then told me that she didn't like the product at all either, and that it did to her exactly what it did to me. My mum's skin is a fair few shades darker than mine, and isn't remotely oily, so skin tone and skin type don't seem to affect this product - it just doesn't seem to be very good.
It also smells strongly of wax, which is a smell that makes me sick.
It comes in a nice tube though, and you do get a fair amount of product, but even if it was a good highlighter, I wouldn't spend 12 on it.

on 6/15/2014 7:59:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff, it is so subtle and really does give you that glow. I have had this tube for almost a year now and just now running out, was surprised that it didn't get that good of reviews, I put it on my cheekbones, down the top of nose and chin and cupid's bow, I use more than I should, but I always put my nyx hd loose powder over it VERY lightly and it stays all day!! Must have. Will last forever.

on 4/22/2014 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the first highlighter product I've bought and used. Mixed feelings about it.

Pros:
+ Comes in a tube (packaging is good), easy to control the amount
+ Does give a radiant glow to my face once applied.

Cons:
- Expensive. Retails for SGD$26.90 in my country.
- Glow is subtle.
- The highlight does not last long. After a few hours, the glow disappeared and needs to be re-applied after 3 hours. I live in a hot and humid country, so this didn't help at all.

Overall the product does claim to do what it gives, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase it again, simply because this needs re-application and I hate to do that. I rather invest in a highlighter product that's able to last all day even if I have to pay extra. On the other hand, if there were other cheaper and better substitutes I would go for them instead of this, because as a college student I don't have a lot to spend.

on 1/9/2014 9:05:00 AM

I bought this because in one of her videos LISA ELDRIDGE recommended it as a good one for fair skin. Though I love her Idea of a natural looking face I had no doubts I will love it.

Actually I dont love it but I like it. It has separate shiny parts, thats what I dont like.

Staying power is very good. Doesnt emphasize pores, doesnt clog them.

It has a light rosy tone and it suits my complexion perfectly. Also it looks wonderful when applied on the cupids bow and around the top lip - it gives very natural shimmer, lips look very sultry, but you can't say its because of a product - it seems like naturally glowing,seductive lips.

on 12/9/2012 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Although I am not usually a fan of liquid highlighters I wanted something to mix with other products. I found that this works really well when I mix it with my concealer. It really brightens my eyes as it gives them a lift without to much sparkle, just a beautiful healthy glow. A little goes a long way with this product so for the price I found it quite reasonable.
This is a really great product for days you don't wish to wear a lot of makeup, just to give your skin that oomph it needs.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best way to use this is by mixing it with foundation and put it all over your face, and then to dot it on your cheeks and nose and such. I wouldn't rub it in because it could rub off the rest of your makeup, I would pat it on top as a finishing touch. Don't use too much though! I tried this today and my skin glowed!

on 4/24/2012 7:18:00 PM

I would not repurchase this product simply because I don't think it's the best highlighter out there. I find it looks nice on my skin but fades pretty quickly.

on 4/9/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I found that this product didn't have any chunky or visible glitter. It blended well the three different liquid foundations I rotate. Also works to make semi-matte foundations more luminous if you add a drop to foundation and mix together. Buildable for a more dramatic shimmer. Works well with fingers or foundation brush application. It looks pink in the bottle but I didn't find that it read particularly pinky on my skin. Didn't run or dramatically fade on me, but not transfer resistant.
Dulls down with even a light dust of powder over it.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products