December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Highlighters - The Body Shop - Radiant Highlighter

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by dirty0th

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

I rarely ever use highlighter - it isn't something I feel I need, and I feel like it would just be pointless as my skin is so shiny naturally, which is exactly what I try to hide. However, my mum gave me some of her makeup as she doesn't wear it anymore, and she must have had maybe fifty or so products she hadn't opened, including two bottles of this highlighter.
Don't get me wrong, I tried so hard to love it. After all, it's 12 for a tube of this, and I had two. But I hate this product so much!
I applied my foundation as I usually do, and then I went ahead and applied this highlighter. The website claims it is easily blendable, but the second I attempted to blend it, it wiped away all of the foundation around that area. Once I was finished applying this, I was left with patchy foundation and extremely greasy-looking skin - not the healthy, radiant glow this product promises.
I assumed I'd done something wrong as I had never used highlighter before that experience, so I decided to try it again. I tried it many ways, applying it over powder, with different foundations, with different types of foundation, everything. But it always had the same effect; it removed all of the makeup underneath and left my skin looking greasy.
I also noticed that within a couple of days of using the product, my skin would break out in the areas I'd used it. I imagine this is due to one of the ingredients, but I've never bothered to check, and probably never will.
I was going through my makeup collection earlier today, and I found this product lying at the back of my drawer. I decided I'd give it a shot, but this time I decided to apply it under my foundation. This was a better way to do it - my foundation applied well enough over the top, but the highlighter didn't show through, and so it just felt like I had a layer of grease on my face. It was a totally unnecessary step that I am definitely not inserting into my daily makeup routine. And now my skin is most likely going to break out again, which is something I can assure you I am ever so excited for.
Having oily skin, I assumed that may affect the results of this product as it has a fairly oily consistency in itself. But I told my mum I didn't like it and I asked her if she wanted it back - she said no, and then told me that she didn't like the product at all either, and that it did to her exactly what it did to me. My mum's skin is a fair few shades darker than mine, and isn't remotely oily, so skin tone and skin type don't seem to affect this product - it just doesn't seem to be very good.
It also smells strongly of wax, which is a smell that makes me sick.
It comes in a nice tube though, and you do get a fair amount of product, but even if it was a good highlighter, I wouldn't spend 12 on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by FaunaDewitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff, it is so subtle and really does give you that glow. I have had this tube for almost a year now and just now running out, was surprised that it didn't get that good of reviews, I put it on my cheekbones, down the top of nose and chin and cupid's bow, I use more than I should, but I always put my nyx hd loose powder over it VERY lightly and it stays all day!! Must have. Will last forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the first highlighter product I've bought and used. Mixed feelings about it.

Pros:
+ Comes in a tube (packaging is good), easy to control the amount
+ Does give a radiant glow to my face once applied.

Cons:
- Expensive. Retails for SGD$26.90 in my country.
- Glow is subtle.
- The highlight does not last long. After a few hours, the glow disappeared and needs to be re-applied after 3 hours. I live in a hot and humid country, so this didn't help at all.

Overall the product does claim to do what it gives, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase it again, simply because this needs re-application and I hate to do that. I rather invest in a highlighter product that's able to last all day even if I have to pay extra. On the other hand, if there were other cheaper and better substitutes I would go for them instead of this, because as a college student I don't have a lot to spend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

I bought this because in one of her videos LISA ELDRIDGE recommended it as a good one for fair skin. Though I love her Idea of a natural looking face I had no doubts I will love it.

Actually I dont love it but I like it. It has separate shiny parts, thats what I dont like.

Staying power is very good. Doesnt emphasize pores, doesnt clog them.

It has a light rosy tone and it suits my complexion perfectly. Also it looks wonderful when applied on the cupids bow and around the top lip - it gives very natural shimmer, lips look very sultry, but you can't say its because of a product - it seems like naturally glowing,seductive lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Aloricex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I am not usually a fan of liquid highlighters I wanted something to mix with other products. I found that this works really well when I mix it with my concealer. It really brightens my eyes as it gives them a lift without to much sparkle, just a beautiful healthy glow. A little goes a long way with this product so for the price I found it quite reasonable.
This is a really great product for days you don't wish to wear a lot of makeup, just to give your skin that oomph it needs.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best way to use this is by mixing it with foundation and put it all over your face, and then to dot it on your cheeks and nose and such. I wouldn't rub it in because it could rub off the rest of your makeup, I would pat it on top as a finishing touch. Don't use too much though! I tried this today and my skin glowed!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I would not repurchase this product simply because I don't think it's the best highlighter out there. I find it looks nice on my skin but fades pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found that this product didn't have any chunky or visible glitter. It blended well the three different liquid foundations I rotate. Also works to make semi-matte foundations more luminous if you add a drop to foundation and mix together. Buildable for a more dramatic shimmer. Works well with fingers or foundation brush application. It looks pink in the bottle but I didn't find that it read particularly pinky on my skin. Didn't run or dramatically fade on me, but not transfer resistant.
Dulls down with even a light dust of powder over it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lymasouza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointing.... It does;t look natural on my skin, doesn't blend well when applied over powder and make my large pores looking even more visible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

Not too much of a review yet because I haven't had it for long, but compared to the Tinted Glow Enhancer (which no longer is available at my store, so it may be discontinued, replaced by this) it is much more pink. The Tinted one is a bronze colour with larger shimmers, where as this highlighter is a lot more subtle natural. Will post comparing swatches soon!