September 22, 2014 | 2150 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Malin & Goetz - Vitamin b5 Body Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been using this moisturizer for the last couple weeks, but it hasn't wow'd me. It has a light consistency and absorbs quickly, and you don't need much. However, I don't think this is moisturizing enough for me for Fall/Winter. This is more of a Spring/Summer moisturizer. It has a nice bergamot scent and isn't greasy, but I prefer a non-scented body moisturizer so it doesn't clash with my fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is the best. I have eczema and have tried almost everything to soothe my sensitive skin. It smells so good. It reminds me of earl grey tea, probably because of the bergamot. This moisturizer is a thick consistency that you really don't need much of. It's not greasy at all, it soaks into my skin and leaves it soft. Prior to this my skin was always itchy everywhere. No matter what kind of products I have used especially made for sensitive skin, my skin always itched. I have noticed since I've started using this my skin doesn't itch. It is very expensive, but this is a true miracle product for me and I am willing to shell out some cash for this and cut back on other beauty products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just tried a sample of this product from mecca cosmetica and im in love.......
this is $58 for a 200ml bottle here in aus however!

This would literally last me a week a little to steep for my taste.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

Any lippies docked from this product are purely a result of its flawed packaging, and certainly not due to the product itself. That said, I really like this lotion. A lot. It has everything that I look for in a lotion for my dry arms and legs: it absorbs quickly, smells fresh and clean (but not overpowering), and effectively hydrates my skin all day. It is on the expensive side, but I do not even mind the price tag given the product's performance. I am a fan of Malin + Goetz products and their general approach towards personal care products - much like other relatively low-key brands such as Kiehl's and Mario Badesco, Malin & Goetz puts little energy towards advertising and complex packaging, instead devoting itself to developing a line of straightforward, highly effective products. Normally this approach appeals to me a great deal. In this case, however, Malin Goetz should have dedicated a bit more thought to packaging design. To make a looooong story short: I am barely through the top third of this bottle of lotion, but it is a struggle to get any more product out of the small opening at the top of the bottle. The lotion is so thick that it gets stuck in said opening - I literally have to squeeze the bottle with all of my strength to get any product out at this point. Annoying, especially at this price. Annoying, particularly when the lotion works so well and I would love to use it. I would definitelty repurchase, though - if they would repackage it in a tub with a screw lid. Until then, I will just sit and stare longingly at my 2/3 full bottle of Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer....at least until I depot it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by benz909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this 4.5 lippies.

This smells wonderful, feels fantastic and absorbs well. You don't need a whole lot, which is great and it deeply hydrates.

The only thing with this, is that it can feel a slight residue. However this is almost unnoticable, and I'm sure that most won't actually mind the residue.

This residue doesn't leave my skin feeling covered though- it's difficult to explain. This only happens though I think when I apply more than my skin needs. Otherwise, when used sparingly it's perfect.

On their website they say this has shea butter, which may be the residue that I am experiencing when over-applying it. (it just feels so luxious lol..)

Like their face moistruizer, I thought this contained silicones, but they claim it does not. I am also very attracted by the word vitamin in packaging - so the fact that this contains b5 just makes me feel like I'm actually helping my skin, not covering it with mineral oil or some cheap ingredient.

Since I have the trial, I can't really comment on the ingredients. But if this is like their other products, the full size should present the ingredients which I think is great. I normally complain about the price, but as long as they aren't selling me cheap ingredients, then I'm ok. But I do feel that they take advantage of this whole boutique brand, by charging us a bit more!

Keep in mind that they do have two sizes of this - one that is 8oz with no pump just like their vitamin e moistruizer - which bothers me slightly. The consistancy of this is very light - but the cap packaging makes it difficult to actually get any product out as you use the product up, so I end up taking my fingers and dipping it into the bottle. This sort of defeats the purpose of the idea of a bottle - which is to be more hygienic. In other words, a pump would be best. Too bad, I would have to spend $140 for some extra product and a pump!

All in all, I highly recomend. Out of the packet of trial sizes from this line, I would only purchase the full size of this and their vitamin e facial moistruizer.