Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - All

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful product.

The price is really, really great--I got Walking On Eggshells and Sweet As Candy for $3 each at my local Target. That translates to $1 per shade, a very, very reasonable price.

The packaging is functional. It's not sleek MAC or cute The Balm, but it is fairly sturdy. It is made of plastic, but it holds up pretty well. I feel OK about throwing it in my purse. I've dropped both trios probably a dozen times (I'm really clumsy) and the plastic hasn't cracked. So, while not attractive or a stand-out feature, the packaging is fine. It works. It's not hideous or anything.

Each trio has two applicators--one is a tiny brush, the other is a classic 'disposable' eyeshadow applicator. While most people don't really use the disposable ones, it's good to know they aren't as flimsy as some other brands (I'm looking at you, Maybelline). The brush is too little to really work/blend/apply well, but I imagine if a larger version was sold separately, it'd be pretty nice. It's soft. The applicators are fine to use in a pinch.

The colors are gorgeous! My favorite of the six shades has to be the "Eyelid" shade from Walking On Eggshells. It is a stunning, finely milled champagne color. It suits every skin tone and eye color--I would definitely buy it separately in a heartbeat! Warning: it does have shimmer, which I happen to adore, but if you don't, then it's not for you.
I also love the "Crease" shade from Sweet As Candy...though I love all the colors.

The texture is heavenly. It is velvety smooth and a dream to apply. It has a rich, soft consistency, and can easily be applied with fingertips or brushes.

The most shocking thing to me was how long-lasting it was! When I first tried out Sweet As Candy, I was shocked by how smoothly the eyeshadow went on and so I expected it to fade. "This is too good to be true" was basically my train of thought. I just primed my eyelids with a bit of NYX Milk beforehand, like always. By the end of the day, it looked BRAND NEW. It was a delight!

I tried it without the primer, too, and it had faded a bit by the end of the day. It still had faded less on my very oily lids than most eyeshadows do without a primer, so I am satisfied.

All in all, a 5/5. The colors are beautiful and suit all skin tones, the texture is great, it is long-lasting, inexpensive, with functional packaging.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE this product. I have been using these for about 4 years now. The texture is nice, applies easily, easy to blend, and the colors in each palette go very well together. Many of the colors are matte, but the ones with shimmer are subtle.
I use a little bit of foundation as a primer and the staying power is great. I never noticed it flaking during application or while wearing.
Fantastic product for a great price!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging is nothing fancy, but the product is fabulous. They are great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow and also for experienced users too. They are super easy to blend and the pigmentation is good, especially when applied wet! I wish there was more range of color. It's mostly neutrals and pinks/purples, but I am still impressed with them. The color lasts me through the work day and fades some by the evening. They are mostly shimmery with a few matte shades. Overall, I like these shadows and will continue to use them.

I was watching some Youtube videos last night and to look at reviews for some new drugstore mascaras and new drugstore makeup. One of the drugstore makeup products in the video was the Wet n wild eye shadow trios. I own a few of the Wet n wild eye shadow trios. I own sweet as candy, silent treatment, walking on eggshells , spoiled brat and I'm getting sunburned. This review is going to be about the I'm getting sunburned trio. In the trio you get a beautiful shimmery pink eye shadow, a warm chocolate brown with shimmer and a golden eye shadow. On the pink eyeshadow on the top it reads browbone, the chocolate brown read crease and the golden color reads eyelid. That is the recommendation of wet n wild but I suggest you play with the colors . For example after watching a youtube I watched a beauty guru use the pink on her eyelid the brown on the crease and the golden color in the inner corner as well as underneath the crease and it looked beautiful. So I applied the pink color on my eyelids, the brown on the crease and the golden color in the corners on my eye lids. I really love the look it goes on nicely and the colors work really well together. I did also use the lightest color in my walking on eggshells trio on my brow bone for a highlight. I really love how wet n wild makes trios that work well on their own but also compliment one another. I think it is definitely worth trying I still have not tried the spoiled brat eyeshadow trio but I will. the price is perfect the trios are around $3 and can be found at several stores Walgreens, Target, Five Below and other stores. They are great stocking stuffers or a great little purchase for yourself .

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got a couple of old 6 pans & a bunch of singles of wnw but the only trio I've currently got is "Don't Steal My Thunder" which I had other trios in the past but I got rid of them in purges coz they were getting kinda funny (from over use haha), I'd like to replace some of them but I've got so much eyeshadow right now at this point. I need to use up some first. But anyways these are top notch quality trios very high quality for a low price. I'm kind of stuck on my Loreal infallible e/s & ELF e/s for DS e/s's but I highly rec'd these esp w a primer even wnw fergie primer is good. "...Steal Thunder" is a dark charcoal almost black/medium silver grey/white trio which makes a gr8 smoky eye. The color combos in these trios all coordinate so well. I just prefer to mainly wear 1 color at a time so singles do the job for me (@$0.87USD ea. for wnw singles!!). I highly rec'd these trios & wnw in general this isn't "cheap crap" I love that wnw is cruelty-free & the price pointe, & is also widely available. All in all good stuff! Not just teenybopper makeup. Seriously good makeup.

Amazing eyeshadows!! I love almost every trio and 8 pan palette I have. Especially the 8 pan Comfort Zone. If you are looking for great quality on a budget, this is where you need to look!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have knockon wood and it is one of the nicest palette I have so far :) for 3$ I thought it was gonna be really cheap

these are great! one of my favorite brands of eyeshadows. wnw has really come a long way. it's awesome they have maintained an affordable price while having excellent quality products. these eyeshadows wear all day, go on smooth and are very pigmented. perfection!

Great eyeshadows - highly pigmented, creamy, and you cannot beat the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best drugstore eye shadows I've used. They are all very pigmented and creamy. Great color selections. For the price and pay off you can't beat it. Highly recommend any Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow