Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Berry Haute 660

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Revlon does it again! What a unique color that is so pretty and fun! Wearable purple? Yes! Nothing weird about it and nothing I would usually buy either. I wish I had tried this sooner. I own so many nudes, pinks, and reds... never purple... until now! So feminine... it's like a magical color. Bright and modern... but a comfortable shade to wear.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Such a fun and bold color that is remarkably wearable for day time as well. It can be easily muted or layered for more color. The only con is that it can be drying on the lips but I can remedy that with lip balm. This is supposed to be a close dupe for Mac's Up the Amp lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lipstick shade!! It was my first time trying a purple toned lipstick & I received non stop compliments from the first time I wore it. People have asked me what the colour name & shade is randomly while I am out & about wearing it. I brought this for $4 Canadian so it was a super steal! I am NC42 so anybody with that skin tone who wants to try something new in purple, give this a go!!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

This lippie is a really nice purple color, but it looks dirty on me (yellow undertones; NC45). i tries lipliner, lipgloss, but the color still looks dirty.Purple lipsticks are a definite no-no for me! Never buy again!!!

There's not much I can possibly add to these reviews, but I still want to since I just got it and am kind of obsessed...

Berry Haute is a mid-tone purple-violet-fuschia color. It's definitely a very close dupe of MAC's Up the Amp, and I'd say it's pretty close to Bite's Violet pencil too. It's oddly incredibly wearable, and the formula is totally on point. I actually prefer it to these higher-end dupes (I have both) because the color is just a *touch* less bright/neon and the formula isn't as high maintenance, less inclined to smear. Applies smoothly, doesn't settle into lines or flakes, wear is very long. Appropriate for daytime/office wear, bold and fun enough for going out. I got mine for about $6 during a 40% off Revlon Rite Aid sale, so yeah, pretty affordable.

The very first time I wore it, I did get a slight burning sensation on my lips but it went away quickly, so heads up if you have sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A really unique soft purple shade. This shade makes purple very wearable, day or night. It is also a universal shade which I love. Seriously a must have in my collection.

Lovely lipstick colour. I bought it because of the great reviews on here and it really is as good as they say. The texture is creamy and has a matte, yet not drying, finish. The colour is a mixture of fuschia/purple and pink. Highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Gorgeous and unique color! Looks great on my medium olive skin tone. Like the other reviewer said, it is bright and you can definitely see it, but it isn't too bright to where you can't wear it during the day or to the office. You can dab on a little to make it less intense or do 2 layers to make it brighter and more noticeable. It is a pinkish violet color that I am in love with!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Berry Haute is a medium slightly violet-leaning berry creme, or purplish-pink. Full coverage in two coats. From reviews I thought it could be a dramatic statement color to pop on in the evening, but its got a soft and creamy look that says daytime conservative office. I was a bit underwhelmed by the color.

When freshly applied its smooth and bright with a soft satin shine. But within an hour the shine wears off and the color fades. I also notice that my lips feel really dry and peel after wearing this lipstick.

EDIT:
I thought it would be a budget-friendly way to try out the violet lip trend. But since it doesn't stay on and dries my lips I think it was a waste of money - wore it twice then threw it in the trash. Replaced with a lovely moisturising Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick that wears for 6 hours.

Gorgeous color...love love love it!!!

Recommended for Medium Skin