October 22, 2014 | 991 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco- Venise

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my third rouge coco lipstick and I love it sooo much. They're creamy, full of color and have adeqate staying power. Although I'm fair (blond, green eyes, cool undertones) this darker color matches perfectly with my skintone. It doens't make me look goth nor gives me a washed out tone. It's simply my own lipcolor, but darker and better. This is my new Holy Grail!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I love Chanel lipsticks so I am abit biased ! This is a great Rosewood / mauvey sort of color. Versatile and lasts without being drying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the Coco Rouge line. This color, Venise, is sort of marginal for me. It makes me look a little washed-out. I don't do well with browns.
Like others, I notice that Venise lasts less well than some colors in the same line
??

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Am annoyed today-bought this lipstick, and found that it has crappy staying power. I want a lippie that stays put for more than a half an hour. I have liked Chanel lipstick in the past but not this formula. I returned it and found the salesclerk to be quite snippy about a return. I think Chanel can afford it and dont think a crappy formula is something I should pay so much for. I think I am miffed enough to avoid them in future. There are other fish in the sea.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lulu1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This review is for Chanel's Rouge Coco lipstick in shade # 26 Venise. I've just purchased this product. This is a very office appropriate brownie red colour for my Indian C6/ NC 42 complexion. A nice change from the MLBB nude tones I usually wear without venturing into high maintenance red. I paired it w. a tiny dab of Lancome juicy tube lipgloss in Raspberry Ice, a sheer pinky apricot. Venise goes on smoothly and feels very creamy. It wears nicely for 3-4 hours before needing to reapply.

It was also fab on my pale skinned (warm undertoned) and auburn haired friend.
This lipstick is expensive at 32 US $. I'm sure it would be easy to find a drugstore dupe. I must admit that I quite like the luxe packaging but am still removing 1 lippie due to its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jmorocco

This is my idea of a red. It is much more color than I usually wear, but not screaming "makeup!!"
I'm fair and blond and yet it works very well. My husband is tired of "sticky-lips", or lipgloss, and so I thought I'd check out some lipsticks. It's been a long time since I've worn just lipstick and the advertising behind Rouge Coco is really true in that it is featherlight and has moisture so it's quite comfortable. It leaves a nice stain after some time so reapplying isn't such an urgency.
Very happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went ahead and about a Rouge Coco Lipstick even though I wasn't bowled over by the colors (not enough plummy berry tones for me).

Rouge Coco Venise is a nice warm color and perfect for the olive skinned woman who wants to duplicate the Rouge Coco Mademoiselle look on the model in the Chanel ad, which I found was too light and gave me a washed out apppearance.

Venise is deeper and compliments our coloring and makes us look as if we're wearing the Mademoiselle lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My first Rouge Coco lipstick. Loved it so much went to the store and bought 4 others. This is a brown red on me and looks very luscious on my lips. Leaves a stain after a while so it lasts a little longer. Love the formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the among the first Rouge Cocos I bought (along with Cambon). I chose it myself even though the sales assistant was pushing me towards the pinks and more flashier colours in the line. I pulled it out of the rack because it stands out as being one of the more "grown-up" shades in the range. I'm in my early 30s, and my lip colour wardrobe consists of lots of brights and vivid shades these days. But this shade reminded me of the colours I used to wear in the early 90s when I was desperately trying to look older and more sophisticated (at the tender age of 16!). It reminds me of Bobbi Brown Clove which was a staple shade for me back then and applying it, it immediately made me feel chic and elegant.

Venise is a browny chesnut red with no discernable shimmer in the tube or on the lips. It's one of the creamier feeling Rouge Cocos and looks good on my asian NC35 skintone. It's very work appropriate and would look great with a neutral outfit if you're in the mood for a pulled together professional look. It definitely wasn't a shade that I was looking for when I went to test these out but I think that's precisely why I was drawn to it. I love to wear lipstick every day and this makes a nice change from my pinks and reds. I think this would be a great shade to get if you're looking for a gift for someone who wears more neutral make-up (but not completely natural).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice. My first Rouge Coco. The colour gets four lippies. With regards to formulation for the price, it deserves a two to three lippie rating. I'm very disappointed that it's not as pigmented, long wearing or versatile as my Hydrabase lipsticks. Hopefully my next two favourites, Vendome and Gabrielle, especially the latter, are longer lasting and more opaque they appeared so when I swatched them on my hand.

On me Venise is a medium to deep rose that pulls cool tones but not excessively. It still has that rich look and brings out the warmth in my undertones so instant perk. It's difficult to find a decent pink if your complexion is neutral but not fair. I do love this pink; it doesn't need doctoring with gloss or a warmer colour to make it work. I'd have to admit though that Rouge D'Enfer by NARS is very similar on me but one or one and a half tones warmer. And although I'd usually agree that NARS lipsticks are very drying, this is probably more true of the matte/semi-matte line and not the satin formulation of Rouge D'Enfer. Out of the two, I'd repurchase the NARS and not the Chanel because both the colour and the formulation of the former are better suited to my requirements.

I'd agree with the first reviewer that Venise works for an every day look but I'd only recommend it for daily wear if you like a lot of colour. I'm not someone who wears only neutral lippies, I have a *huge* amount of bright reds, burgundies, browns, metallics, plums and so on I love colour. On me, with a good base and mascara, Venise was extremely glam and polished without being casual or as obvious as a red or as noncommittal as a neutral.

For reference I'm a Bobbi Brown Warm Natural, MAC face & body 4.
My undertones are neutral, but that plus having a deeper complexion makes finding a good rose shade difficult because they often come up cool, artificial or fuchsia.
For my complexion, this is the nicest pink (a deep rose) in the Rouge Coco line.
(A good medium rose on me is Brick-O-La by MAC - the formulation and lasting power of which puts Venise to shame).