July 26, 2014 | 1473 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco - Rouge Noir

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by shellbelle123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Deepest, darkest vampy chic around. This "blushed black" (or, purple if you prefer) is not for everyone, but if you are one of the lucky ones that can pull this off, you're gonna be gorgeous. This is one of these colors that is so dark and intense that I think it must be mentioned that your colouring is important,for certain, in gauging whether you can wear this, but you need medium/full lips as well. Lipsticks this dark will make thin lips age and disappear. Mine are barely full enough so I proceed with caution and only wear this when I am dressed to the nines in my most chic attire. Then, it is absolutely fabulous. Interesting formula-goes on beautifully but then needs to be touched up fairly often. The Chanel liner in Amarante matches it, but this is a tricky combo to avoid looking harsh/goth. The lipstick works fine alone. Price, per usual, is ridiculous but worth it if you're obsessed with the look, which is amazing IMO. Will repurchase at some point, but this is not my everyday lipstick...will be awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by violas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best deep dark purple. Fades to a nice stain and feels luxurious.
I like to layer this under one of my favorite sheer blue reds for a blackened- red lip color. In the Fall/Winter, I'll go full on drama with the color and it still looks polished and classy even during the day. Not severe looking.
Chanel is generally too pricey for my budget but I have to admit their lipsticks are some of the best and I will always splurge for a few colors when I need them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by wigsnatcher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've reached for this colour everyday since I bought it a couple of weeks ago. You can wear it so many ways. I love how it looks straight from the bullet, but I'm saving that look for autumn/winter since it is dramatic albeit flattering. For summer, I LOVE how a sheer layer looks with a bit of a golden tan and bronzer, or even a gold eye highlight. Rouge Noir really is versatile and has quickly become one of my favourites.

If you are truly too scared to take the plunge but like purple-toned lipsticks, try Rouge Coco Destinee - it's slightly more red and far sheerer, but gives a similar effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by sedateme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the most beautiful lip colors I have ever seen. It reminds me of coagulated blood (which is probably not the most appealing comparison for everyone but it definitely is for me :) Depending on the way of application you can achieve different looks, if you apply a few coats with a brush you can achieve rich dark purple color as seen in the campaign pictures, but if you only use a bit of the product and apply it with your fingers you will get tinted cherry lips. The only negative is that this lipstick is quite drying which is normal for dark colored long lasting lipsticks and you can avoid it with using a rich lip balm. This color looks especially dramatic on girls with pale skin. It is definitely a must have for all for drama queens and rock chics :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by EsmeT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this lipstick! The colour is much more flattering and a lot easier to wear than it looks in the tube. A thin 'dabbed' on layer almost looks like a lip stain and is great for daytime/office wear, whereas with a lip brush (or straight from the case!) you can create a really stunning, dramatic night time look.

I really struggle to keep my lips hydrated but this is by far one of the best/least drying lipsticks I've tried, whilst the staying power is impressive too. Would recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by bonhomie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I've missed thee! I wore Vamp when it came out a looong time ago and loved the color, although it wasn't very wearable because it bled terribly on me. I recently discovered that Rouge Noir is the revamped "Vamp", so I bought it hoping that it looked similar.

Not only is Rouge Noir pretty close to the original, if not the same in color, it goes on better, is moisturizing, and does not bleed. The formula glides on. I love the versatility of this...one coat for office wear gorgeous, two coats for too-good-for-the-office-freakin' awesome. It is long wearing and fades to a nice, even stain. I tend not to use a lip liner because I don't want to modify this beautiful shade with it. This is a must have staple for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

im usually a nude girl, but this color is SOOOOO beautiful
i love how you can layer it, and i love the formula, it's so comfortable and long lasting. ohhh chanel, how you've out done yourself yet again!

i think this is a very versatile vampy color

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by CocoG10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I've worn Rouge Noir for many years, and was happy enough with the Hydrabase formula. However, the Rouge Coco line takes this lip colour to another level. It's a beautiful, sophisticated blackened red. It's a little darket than other plummy colours in this line (or by Chanel in general) - eg. Ballet Russe or Rivoli. It does look scary but when applied well, it's to die for!
Whether I apply it with a lipbrush or straight from the bullet, the application is flawless and simple. It's a dream to apply! I can apply one, light, coat for a less "in your face" look, or I can build it up so that the colour is fairly heavy and pigmented (my prefered look). When applied with a finger it gives more of a stain so would be good for when you want to look like you've made effort than you really have. It never looks gunky or bleeds, and my lips remain soft and hydrated.
The case is, as ever, classy, classic Chanel. Whichever Rouge Coco I'm wearing, I love out pull out the tube in public to reapply.
Chanel have outdone themselves.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a beautiful colour. I've been searching for a good wearable dark shade, and after seeing all the promotions for rouge coco, I had to try it. The SA blotted out my lip colour with some concealer first, and then applied rouge noir. I tossed up between getting the rouge coco and hydrabase, but ended up getting coco because it was beautiful applied a sheer coat as well as a heavy vampy colour. I must admit it felt dry, but I thought it was due to the concealer. Getting it home and trying it the formula definitely felt a bit more dry then hydrabase, but I've applied it over a bit of balm and haven't had any problems using it that way. The quality is great, the lipstick pigmented and staying power is very good, what I would expect from any chanel product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by chanelrougecoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been devoted to Rouge Noir for the last 2 years and I must say I prefer the original Hydrabase version. But I still love this, it's a little sheerer and shinier (I usually like matte make up) than the original and is very moisturising. I will definitely buy it again though. And it has the same lovely smell! It looks lovely lightly applied or really dark depending on what look you want. The packaging is excellent quality with the cute little pop noise it makes! It lasts forever, I even sleep in it I never want to take it off!