October 25, 2014 | 878 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Vendome - Rouge Coco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Colour4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The most beautiful shade that I have ever purchased from Chanel. Goes on smooth, stays true to color, can't say enough! May have to stock up on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love rouge coco lippies! They are my favourite. I'm not very good at describing colours, but I would say that this is a warm red, which isn't too deep. It looks classy and can be worn for every day situations, given the right outfit. It possesses the glamour of a red lipstick, without screaming red! If that makes any sense at all! I think this is a good introduction into the world of red lipsticks and I find I can wear it without lip liner. Formula wise, it feels creamy and slightly balmy, without feeling greasy. It apples fairly smoothly and has good pigmentation. Normally I dislike fragranced prodcuts, but I love the rose scent! Which doesn't smell too old ladyish. Wear time is better than average, considering most lipsticks barely last, I think it lasts well. It also fades evenly with a stain. I don't find it drying, I think it does well at maintaining moisture levels within your lips. I think it is just a gorgeous lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by xoxojordan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful neutral red! It leaves a lovely stain or can be built up to be a very classic red. This is my HG red lipstick.
The aluminum case is sturdy and feels well made and lovely. It's my favorite lipstick. The smell is decent. The product doesn't smudge on teeth and has a great staying power. I just love it :) Well worth the $30-something dollars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ceen

A non-threatening red, whose pigment may either be toned down as a stain or built up for more drama. Long-lasting, non-drying and comfortable to wear. Uber complimentary for paler, yellow-based skin. An all-round winner really.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bluestocking17

Love this. Red is often so hard to pull off, but this shade is vibrant without looking tacky or over the top. The texture is very moist, almost like a lip balm, which allows you to build up the depth of colour by applying extra coats.

The initial shine and intensity of the colour is not very long-lasting, though a residue stays on for quite a long time. That said, it's so easy and soft to apply that touch-ups are no problem.

It isn't cheap, but Chanel isn't cheap. It's such a wearable red that I think you get your money's worth from using it often. The packaging is nice - a metal rather than a plastic case, which feels expensive and heavy. I will probably repurchase this when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mushymamma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this! I wear it almost every day because it's incredibly flattering, and wears off well--imparting a deep cherry stain on my lips. It's a warm, vivid and deep red. I'm definitely a red lippie kind of girl--and have found only a handful of nude lippies that work with my coloring. I almost always go for a brighter lip color. In general, I prefer red, juicy lips--so if that is not your thing steer clear. That said, I do believe that people of a wide variety of skin tones could pull this off fairly easily. It's warm, yes, but still relatively neutral. This is a no-brainer, idiot proof pop of red for me, and brightens up my whole face and makes me look pulled together--even when I'm not. Can be dabbed for a light coat of color, or applied with a heavy hand for a full-blown retro red, silent-film-heroine-just-bit-the-poison-apple kapow of color. Nice creamy formula, and do not need balm underneath it. Great lasting power and wears off to a lovely stain. Love it and will *definitely* buy it again as it is my most-used lipstick out of the scores that I own. I have a lippie "habit," and this is my number one favorite. Expensive, but used regularly--so worth the higher cost. And, it smells softly of roses, which is fun! Makes my teeth look whiter, too. Big THUMBS UP! For reference: NC30, blue eyes, blond hair, freckles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by scanmike

I am not a red lipstick person, but I needed a red lipstick for my daughter's wedding this August. It was an outdoor affair and I had a hard time finding something that didn't look ridiculous on me. I tried several brands of reds. Even brought my dress in to see if it matched. I didn't wear much on my eyes (blue) so I knew my lips would be the statement. As someone stated earlier, your lips walk in the door first! (not in a bad way) The color was beautiful and in outdoor photos, It looks fantastic. I wore it to another wedding with a navy dress and it brightens my face and the photos looked great again. I got so many compliments on the photos and I usually hate how I look. I would have never picked this color and always shyed away from red, but this color is a perfect coral red that is warm, darker than I normally would wear, but works so well for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by sftbllk25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Alright so this lipstick is my first Chanel makeup purchase, and they have won me over! I've been wearing lipstick for almost a year now, and to be honest, I now have a lipstick infatuation. Every other lipstick I bought whether it was $2 or $8 would create a heavy feel on my lips, almost like a cakey weigh down, and the application was not so nice. So after much done research I turned to the Chanel counter to get some much needed help. I ended up with Vend˘me. It has such a wonderfully smooth application, it's light upon the lips but still gives a rich pigment; a striking orangey, brownish red color. To be honest it's totally worth the money. I can say that in my search for a good lipstick, I've wasted chunks of my paycheck on cheap lipsticks only be disappointed, and thrown in the trash. So if you have the opportunity to spend the money find yourself your own tube of Chanel. Vend˘me maybe my Chanel lipstick first, but it wont be my last. There are so many other gorgeous Rouge Coco shades, I'm definitely going to purchase others!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this brick red. Perfect on my very tan skin. Great for day or night. Just brightens up my face. Love the texture and feel of this lipstick. Up until now I was using glosses and got a little tired of goopiness. Switched to Shiseido lipsticks but they did not have a huge shade selection for darker complexions. Chanel just stole their thunder! I have several Coco's now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

This was the first Rouge Coco that I purchased, and marked my return to lipstick after years of wearing gloss. Pardon the long review, but I am so impressed with these lipsticks that I feel the need to wax poetic:

Chanel released the Rouge Coco line in February 2010 as a replacement for its older Rouge Hydrabase line of lipsticks. The initial launch encompassed 30 shades, including various pinks, beiges, reds, corals, and browns. A few additional shades exclusive to Asia and chanel.com, among others, were also released, and quickly sold out. The finishes on these lipsticks ranges from matte to shimmer to almost frosty, and as advertised, they are very hydrating. However, unlike most hydrating lip products, the Rouge Coco lipsticks have remarkable staying power, and fade down to a lovely stain after several hours of wear.

Rumor has it that Peter Phillips, the current global director of Chanel Makeup, developed the Rouge Coco line with an eye towards attracting the generation of consumers who tended to favor lip gloss over lipstick (you can count me in that group - at least until recently). Phillips clearly knows what he is doing, as the Rouge Coco campaign featuring French star Vanessa Paradis - not to mention the lipsticks themselves - have been runaway best sellers.

The texture on these lipsticks is incredible. They are almost suede-like, and even the more matte shades in the collection are not drying in the least. I have sampled several of them (and actually own quite a few by now), and I have yet to find a disappointing formula or shade in the group. Some are more pleasing to me than others, but none are outright duds by any means. I do not exaggerate when I say that these lipsticks do more to make me feel more well-dressed and attractive than just about any other cosmetic that I can recall (and I have been through a lot of cosmetics in my relatively short life).

Vendome is a gorgeous red with brown and orange undertones. It pairs perfectly with MAC Brick lip liner, or with Chanel Carmin lip liner, should you prefer a more polished edge to your lipstick application. (That said, Vendome also is beautiful as a more casual lip stain minus any liner). I would certainly recommend this shade to anyone with warm undertones to their skin, but would also encourage anyone with cooler skin to try Vendome as well, as many if not all of the Rouge Coco line shades tend to be almost universally flattering.

I would also strongly recommend requesting samples if possible and testing out the colors in natural light - I have found that some of the colors that I did not particularly care for on me under the Chanel counter lighting are actually far lovelier under natural light. The range of colors and finishes in this line are quite unique and complex, and the proper lighting really help one to appreciate this.

The black, white, and gold packaging is vintage Chanel - substantial, chic, and thoughtfully designed. The tubes are made of sleek metal, and apparently Peter Phillips and his team spent a good deal of time testing the Rouge Coco tubes until they found a way to make them click shut with the most satisfying little sound possible (and I thought that I was obsessed).

The Rouge Coco lipsticks currently retail for $30 (U.S.) - and I can certainly see, smell, and feel every penny of the price of this product when I apply it. It is pure luxury, and has changed the way that I think about lipstick. The Rouge Cocos have quickly earned a spot next to my favorite Chanel Glossimers, MAC Cremesheens, and NARS glosses.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No