September 21, 2014 | 957 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Lubriderm - Moisturizer with SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Erica01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great. I love that is has SPF 30 and not 15 like I've been finding more products having. I can't remember what I paid for it, but think it was somewhere around $8-$10, which I think is good considering how long it has lasted me. I have sensitive skin (extremely) and I am really pale, so I wanted a good facial sunscreen that I could use everyday. But most facial sunscreens are 15 SPF, I wanted something stronger and facial sunscreens are so expensive for a small amount that I would blow through in a few weeks. So I used this on my face expecting it to completely break out. It is pretty greasy when applied, but it doesn't stay that way. I guess it just kinda feels and smells like sunscreen, which has never bothered me. But more importantly my skin didn't really react to it. In the winter (I live somewhere cold) it is amazing, and moisturizes my skin very well. During the summer months, my skin gets a little greasy, and that is when I notice that this can break out my face sometimes. But for the SPF 30, I'll take it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Perfect! Well... almost
Before i found this i had been using Kiehl's lotion spf 30 but it was very expensive for what you get 8.5oz for nearly 30 bucks.
this stuff i found at Target on sale for 6 bucks.

ok first it has spf 30, and a PPD of 9, when i put it into the ss calculator. Yay! very high UVA protection for an American ss, let alone a drugstore one (the Kiehl's was PPD 8) and its STABLE, yay ! though i have to subtract a 1/3 of a star for having Oxybenzone. Just research the dangers of oxybenzone in ss, i try to avoid this at all costs.

It absorbs like a lotion, very quickly, and leaves no white cast, it smells heavily like old-school sunscreen which i dont mind, i find it nostalgic. but i have to subtract another 1/3 star for the added fragrance it has to it, dont know why they did that. It comes in a no-hassle squeeze tube with a flip top cap, convenient!

The formula is basic and boring, with little to no benefits, the vitamin B5 and vitamin E are near the bottom of the list, so theyre practically non-existent, and it has a preservative, so you may want to watch out for that. Subtracted the last 1/3 star for lack of anti-oxidants for additional sun protection.

Remember nothing can beat clothes for sun protection or an umbrella of some sort but when my arms are exposed i put this on them, and always use this on my hands.I'm still on the hunt for an affordable ss for the body that has the perfect everything but this falls short, just barely, so far though its my favorite of all that i've tried. Will repurchase unless i find something better.

Active: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (6%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (5%), Octocrylene (4%),

Other: Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Fragrance, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Methylisothiazolinone

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is currently on clearance at all the stores I have seen it at, probably going to be repackaged due to the new FDA sunscreen regulations. I got it for $3.50 when it normally goes for $8. I looked up the ingredients and it has a couple of concerns for pore clogging ingredients, cetearyl alchohol + ceteareth-20 rates a 4 out of 5 for pore clogging and theres a couple others that rate a 2. Soo not gonna use on face even though I was hoping I could so 1 lippie off for that. Its very light and just feels like a regular moisturizer instead of a sunscreen and it doesn't have much of a scent. I wish it came in a smaller travel size for my purse, might have to buy a travel container and just transfer it. I also wish it was in a container with a pump like their spf 15 version, but I guess that takes care of not being able to get the last bit out.
Update
Unfortunately this is breaking out my neck and chest, darn! I can still use it on my arms though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by suesand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cannot vouch for the sunscreen aspect since I rarely burn. However I am fairly pale and have had no white casting whatsoever. But THE LOTION! Oh, the lotion, it works, works, works. I have never not had dry skin and this stuff gives me compliments on how soft my skin is whenever people touch my arm. Now instead of choosing lotion over sunscreen since I am too lazy to bother with both, am too impatient to wait for one to dry before applying the other, and usually feels gross anyways, this stuff actually makes me want to not just put on sunscreen, but reapply it throughout the day. Huzzah for cancer free skin!

P.S. No weird sunscreen smell, non-greasy, recommended by Skin Cancer Foundation (so both UVA/UVB protection), paraben free, and non-comedogenic so it's safe for the face to boot. Woot woot!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by paradigmsubvert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whitecast! Whitecast!

Being a very pale girl, I like some sunscreen with my moisturizer, and I usually apply this one right out of the shower. One big problem, though- it makes my white skin even whiter! It gives a horrible whitecast, whether applied on wet or dry skin.
I wanted an SPF higher than 15, so that's why I bought this. I wouldn't buy it again because of the whitecast, but it does the job of moisturizer + SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jcab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like one of the other reviewers, my only problem with this is that it's not organic or even all-natural. But the SPF is great and the moisturization and scent are all good so I really like this stuff. Price isn't the cheapest, but definitely not expensive:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this SPF cream specifically for my legs to apply straight after the ol' shower towel-off. A good-sized glob whitens my skin a bit, but thankfully this fades in less than 10 minutes. Zero irritating sticky or greasy effect throughout the day, & my legs stayed soft & hydrated even into the following morning. With its 3% avobenzone, this thinking woman's moisturizer is great for the price, & I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by clearady

I love everything about this.
Normally, I try to stick with organic, but I don't like second guessing if the SPF is high enough or valid enough (esp during the summer months), as nothing tends to be truly approved, and sometimes they don't even say SPF before the 30.
For long I was searching for a great body moisturizer AND sunscreen, and this fits the bill in every way. As soon as I heard of it, I went to my local Walmart, purchased the sleek squeeze tube for $7.33, and couldn't be more pleased.
No greasy residue, goes on light, and i like the scent.
it does smell like sunscreen. it reminds me of old times---going to the beach as a kid.
i'm looking to trying at least three other body sunscreens over the next year; however, none of them claim to be a moisturizer AND valid sunscreen in one.
i am so pleased. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hello? What? Finally, an affordable SPF 30 for hands and body! This product takes everything I love about Lubriderm SPF 15 (the non-greasy texture, the absence of scent) and does it one better with the excellent squeezy-tube, because I don't know about you, but I hate having to shake a pump bottle around trying to get the last bits out of the bottom. Bonus points that I can use it on my hands because it doesn't make the surface of my nail polish dull and tacky. Awesome. Use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this product at my local Target today and bought two of them. Finally, an affordable lotion w/ spf 30! It absorbs very well, is not too dry or greasy, and does NOT have that weird chemical smell that comes with products with a high sunscreen. $6.99 for 8oz.