Sigma E40 Tapered Blending (was SS224)

3.3

on 4/12/2015 10:02:00 AM

I love this brush. Although when I first got it I didn't love it at first. It was not fluffy and it was almost scratchy to the eyes while blending. But once I broke it in and used it a couple times the brush became very fluffy and it blended out product beautifully. You just have to brake it in people.

on 4/6/2015 8:18:00 PM

I love this brush! Great for the crease!

on 4/5/2015 4:22:00 PM

I LOVE this brush! Most Sigma brushes in general, in fact. I find this brush to be WAY better than the MAC 224 and I am a former MAC employee. I have/had many 224's along the years and now pretty much have switched to this. It's fluffier & much softer.
I took off one lippie due to sometimes inconsistent quality of Sigma brushes. Most of what I own are fantastic but I have about 6 or seven of these brushes and they differ as far as size, fluffiness, etc.
Same with my E25's. Long story short though, I adore Sigma brushes and this one is my FAVE!

on 3/31/2015 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will give Sigma credit where credit is due: they are excellent at marketing their products. Unfortunately for the consumer, we pay for that pricey marketing strategy. I cannot speak to any other brush within their lines as the E40 is the only one I've ever purchased (and I can safely say, will be the last) but to describe it in one word, it is mediocre. The beauty for Sigma is that customers never get to actually hold their products in their hands before purchasing. You are purchasing based on the many, many youtubers signing their constant praise and the many glowing online reviews. Again, brilliant marketing. Don't you want perfectly blended eyeshadow just like Jaclyn? (I am convinced that the design and quality of this brush has changed as this CANNOT be the same one that she uses and raves about.) Had I been able to look at this brush in person before buying it, i never in a million years would have purchased it. It is very cheaply made, very flimsy and scratchy and does not blend well at all. To add insult to injury, I actually paid $20 CDN for this brush. Essentially the same price as I paid for several Hakuhodo brushes and Sephora pro brush and triple what I paid for a far, FAR superior Morphe. Please people, do not buy into the hype and be the fool that I am. Spend your money wisely by investing in one of the many many superior blending brushes our there!

on 3/1/2015 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Just like some of the other reviewers below, I'm not impressed. I purchased one of the Sigma brush collections a little over a year ago and this was included in the set. For one, it's terrible at blending out transition colors in the crease and looks splotchy and uneven, I've literally tried everything in getting my crease color to look good and I believe it's the brush that's the issue. I think it would have been better if it was smaller and a little more dense. I'm very happy with my other Sigma brushes but this one fell somewhat short.

on 2/10/2015 4:10:00 PM

After hearing about this constantly from make up gurus on YouTube, I decided to purchase this brush. I paid 14.50 for this brush as I live in the UK. I am yet to have any problems with this brush in my experience it doesn't shed and blends my eyeshadow nicely. I have heard this brush is comparable to Mac 224? My next sigma blending brush to try out will probably be the e25. Overall love this and would repurchase if I had to !!

on 10/22/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am amazed at how poorly this brush blends eyeshadow. I bought it with the intention of using it for my transition shades above the crease, to soften the edges and blur out any harshness because the size appeared to be perfect and I had heard many many rave reviews about it on YouTube. It's as if I have a completely different brush than the ones these beauty addicts swear by. My conclusion; sponsorship.

The bristles are too few and far between for a nice blend, not to mention the length of the bristles makes using it just plain annoying. It flops from side to side with about a quarter second lag between each back and forth motion, so there's no fluidity in the blending process.

I had high hopes. So much so that the possibility of this brush not being great, let alone good, didn't even occur to me. As for Sigma themselves, that is for a whole different review.

on 8/29/2014 2:24:00 AM

I was so excited when I ordered this brush after hearing so many people that do makeup tutorials on Youtube swear by it and consider it their holy grail. I did not even think it was possible that it couldn't be an amazing brush. Boy was I wrong. This brush is so scratchy it hurts like crazy using it trying to blend out shadows. Secondly, I cannot believe how much it sheds! Literally, the one I got sheds non-stop, every single time I use it o the point where I Only use it if I absolutely have to . I would not suggest this brush to anyone as there are far better blending brushes out there that won't shed or irritate the skin around your eyes.

on 1/30/2014 5:29:00 AM

I love this brush so much! I wish Sigma's international shipping wasn't so expensive so I can double up on more of these brushes. I love this brush to pick up my transition color with just the tip, and apply in my crease/upper-crease. It blends all my shadows together beautifully. It's very fluffy so all my shadows are seamless. Because of the look this brush delivers, I use it every time I wear shadows.

Another reason I love this brush is because of its versitality. It can set your under-eye concealer without disrupting the concealer. This is also a very great contour brush!! It fits perfectly along the sides of my nose, and since it's a blending brush, my contour shade is blended. It looks natural. It's also great to fit in the hollows of your cheeks! And last, but not least, this can apply highlight to the top of the cheeks very nicely. This application is precise.

I love this brush. It's easy to clean, versatile, and affordable. When I bought this brush, it was $12 USD, but prices rised to $14 USD. It's still affordable. It shredded a tiny bit when I first washed it, now it's doing fine. Shedding an occasional hair every now and then.

on 1/11/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Great must have blending brush to smoke out color evenly.

Popular Makeup Brushes