October 24, 2014 | 1581 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - E40 Tapered Blending (was SS224)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Tashy1212

I am amazed at how poorly this brush blends eyeshadow. I bought it with the intention of using it for my transition shades above the crease, to soften the edges and blur out any harshness because the size appeared to be perfect and I had heard many many rave reviews about it on YouTube. It's as if I have a completely different brush than the ones these beauty addicts swear by. My conclusion; sponsorship.

The bristles are too few and far between for a nice blend, not to mention the length of the bristles makes using it just plain annoying. It flops from side to side with about a quarter second lag between each back and forth motion, so there's no fluidity in the blending process.

I had high hopes. So much so that the possibility of this brush not being great, let alone good, didn't even occur to me. As for Sigma themselves, that is for a whole different review.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Brose2

I was so excited when I ordered this brush after hearing so many people that do makeup tutorials on Youtube swear by it and consider it their holy grail. I did not even think it was possible that it couldn't be an amazing brush. Boy was I wrong. This brush is so scratchy it hurts like crazy using it trying to blend out shadows. Secondly, I cannot believe how much it sheds! Literally, the one I got sheds non-stop, every single time I use it o the point where I Only use it if I absolutely have to . I would not suggest this brush to anyone as there are far better blending brushes out there that won't shed or irritate the skin around your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

I love this brush so much! I wish Sigma's international shipping wasn't so expensive so I can double up on more of these brushes. I love this brush to pick up my transition color with just the tip, and apply in my crease/upper-crease. It blends all my shadows together beautifully. It's very fluffy so all my shadows are seamless. Because of the look this brush delivers, I use it every time I wear shadows.

Another reason I love this brush is because of its versitality. It can set your under-eye concealer without disrupting the concealer. This is also a very great contour brush!! It fits perfectly along the sides of my nose, and since it's a blending brush, my contour shade is blended. It looks natural. It's also great to fit in the hollows of your cheeks! And last, but not least, this can apply highlight to the top of the cheeks very nicely. This application is precise.

I love this brush. It's easy to clean, versatile, and affordable. When I bought this brush, it was $12 USD, but prices rised to $14 USD. It's still affordable. It shredded a tiny bit when I first washed it, now it's doing fine. Shedding an occasional hair every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by roxyvm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great must have blending brush to smoke out color evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I love this blending brush, it is essential for shading any eyeshadow. It blends seamlessly and it is super soft. When you wash I recommend you use a brush guard so it can retain its original shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this blending brush. I've used it consistently for three years and haven't had a ny major issues with it. Besides some occasional shedding when I wash it, this brush has been very sturdy through the years. It's great for blending out harsh lines and making you shadows look flawless. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this brush alot! I bought it as a dupe for the Mac 224. I've never had that brush but this one works just fine for what I needed it for. I use this to diffuse all my eyeshadow together after doing a smokey eye. This brush is also GREAT for setting undereye concealer with powder. It's just the right size to fit into that small area. I don't see how the sigma website says this is used for the crease. This is too big for the crease, at least for my crease. I like my Mac 217 for that. Sigma also has a dupe for that called the E-25 blending. This brush does shed a few hairs here and there but it's nothing crazy or excessive. Good brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this brush because it is decent quality for a good price. While it isn't as amazing as some other high end blending brushes, it still does the job and that's all I need. I prefer it as a blender to the E25 because I find this brush to be better for crease application and it doesn't seem to soften the edges like the E40. The E40 is soft and fluffy, but it does shed a little sometimes which I'm not a fan of. Will repurchase as I like the price and Sigma brushes don't tend to last.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

If you have small eyes, don't even consider this brush. I thought it would be a perfectly good dupe for the MAC 224 brush, well it most definitely isn't. The head is far too big, and the brush it just not dense enough for serious blending work. The large size of the head didn't enable me to have precise blending control and all my eyeshadows would blur into one big mess. Very cheaply made, the bristles would fall off with every wash. The 224 is in a league of it's own when it comes to blending, and completely worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

This is a great brush for blending eyeshadow in the crease area. I haven't found anything that gives the results this does. The price is great too.