July 31, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My Pros:
Cute packaging
Colors are vibrant when first applied
Good for everyday use
Lots of product for a great value

My Cons:
Smears and Smudges in humid weather
Easily rubs/flakes off
The brush is a throw-away brush because it doesn't last
Not good for special occasions or if you want to go out for long periods of time

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's highly pigmented and is long lasting. I love the brush that comes with it. I don't really care for the purple but the brown and black are very nice. They last a long time and don't dry out very quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I too bought this on a whim. Actually I was making an online purchase and needed about $5 to get free shipping.. so in my convoluted sense of math, I decided to purchase this in the brown shades.

I love the little stackable cubes but since I am a bit impatient, I sometimes don't screw them on properly. This is a minor inconvenience for me and I am learning to slow down a bit.

the colors in the browns are lovely -- black (not the blackest but good enough for day wear for this drama queen), dark brown which is really pretty, and a lovely aubergine which reminds me a bit of MAC's Dark Diversion (LE and long gone).

I have applied these in the morning and have to remove with Bifacil or oil late at night. They are very waterproof and do not smudge in my tear duct area.. a huge plus for me.

For $ 10, you get 3 of these little lovelies -- it just makes financial sense to have smaller pots of gel products at a lower price since these products can dry up while you blink.

they textures are smooth, maybe a tiny bit sheer -- on a second pass they really show their colors. Easy to use and have good wearability on the water line.

I am about to purchase the one for green eyes.

love these.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by alysmiles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brought this on a whim, and it turned out to be a really good buy! This product got me into Physician's Formula items. It dries quickly, looks amazing, and is long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW13 naturally, N20-25 from a bottle : ) Gray eyes. Color season is True Summer.

These are great. Not just for a drugstore gel liner, because honestly, L'Oreal makes some that are far more pigmented than these. But these make amazing cream shadow bases! If you want paint pots but can't afford, load up on these : ) They are creamier than the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows, which have a very dry texture (similar to Stila's). These stay creamy and are great for a cheap thrill.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the trio for blue eyes because, well, I have blue eyes, and there was a 40% off coupon for PF. I almost never wore gel liners because they tended to transfer to my upper lids during the day, and they also dry out over time, making them hard to use and wasteful.

But these liners are great. The trio has a navy blue, a brown, and a black with faint blue shimmer.

The colors go on smoothly and heavily, instead of streaky. They are also easy to control and shape along the lashline. I can do either a very fine line right in the lashes, or a heavier one for a more dramatic, intensified eye. I barely have to pat my liner brush into the pot, and it picks up enough color. If I pick up too much, I just work it into the back of my hand a little bit. The color also lasts all day and doesn't melt under or above the eyes.

I like that there's three colors in one stack. I can use warm brown or cool blue or black depending on my eyeshadow. And the pots take up little space in my kit.

This product has changed me from someone who never wore gel liner to someone who wears it a few times a week. I never really buy PF products, but this is one that should be given a chance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I don't usually try Physician's Formula unless there's a very good sale (at least 40% off or some kind of money back) because I find them to be expensive for the drugstore but I bought these on a whim in a clearance bin and was extremely surprised with how amazing they are!
BUDGE PROOF -- These things are amazing. I wanted to use them as an eyeshadow or as a base so I swatched them on my hand with my ring finger and not only was it beautiful (taupe-purple Glam Green Eyes) but I tried to rub it off with a paper towel and it did not budge! I even tried washing it and it still stayed! Plus, the metallic finish is even still there! I mean, seriously, even though they're pricier, this kind of quality at the drugstore is mind blowing.
SHADES -- I have them in standard purple, brown, green, blue, black but I also have the "Glam Eyes" collection which is more metallic and shimmery. I wouldn't use the metallic shades as liner but they work fantastically as eye shadows. If you like the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows then you will really think these are phenomenal.
These are creamy and apply very smoothly without any skipping or patchiness. I really can't stop gushing about these as eye shadows because I haven't found anything that stays like these do. It doesn't transfer at all. I really hope they aren't discontinuing these because I just discovered them and they are now totally holy grail items for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ladies...just buy it. I'm positive you won't regret it.

Gorgeous shades,great staying power,smooth,creamy and affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by CautiousSkeptic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My high rating is for quality vs. price. So cheap in comparison to more expensive similar products.

Lasts all day on the waterline with my semi-oily skin, and doesn't flake or smear. It does fade "slightly" on flight days, but those are 16 hour days. There is also slight fading on funeral days, which is amazing considering I'm a crier... I just dab my eyes with kleenex instead of rubbing them (or I let the tears simply fall) and the liner stays put.

Don't worry about a bunch of glitter bits in your eyes. There's almost no glitter in all 3 of these colors. I don't even notice it.

I use the Quo Professional angled eyeliner brush (which I love!), so I have no comments on the included brush.

I bought the brown eyes combo and thought I'd only ever use the black one (I'm extremely conservative with colour), but I've actually used them all. Both the purple & brown are fairly dark too, so there's no crazy purple popping colour - and it's kind of fun when I'm wearing purple/pink clothing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by WellWorthIt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm giving this an overall rating of 4 because the color selection, formula and staying power are good. Unfortunately I believe I'm allergic to these liners. My eyes became red, irritated and goopy while my eyelids started peeling while wearing this product. At first I contributed the peeling to the retinoids I've been using for yrs without any trouble and the redness/irritation to seasonal allergies. When these symptoms first appeared, I stopped wearing any eye makeup for a few days. When I started wearing makeup again, I decided to wear Physician's Formula's liquid liner just because I wanted to try it. I went many weeks without any eye problems until two days ago when I decided to to line my eyes with this liner again. Sure enough, all the symptoms returned. It's a shame because I really liked this product.