November 24, 2014 | 1901 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - confessions of a concealaholic

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by caitlinbellah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible. My entire face broke up in painful acne after using this thing a couple days. Just awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette because I saw this as an opportunity to try a variety of Benefit products in one go. For $36 you get to try 6 products, and I think that's pretty good deal.

1) Boi-ing concealer: I really like this concealer. You get to try shades 1 & 2 which is great. I'm NC30-NC35; more NC30 during the winter and more NC35 in the summer. Shades 1&2 are a good match respectively. I use it to cover up my acne marks and the redness around my nose, and also to shape my brows. I like the consistency which is creamy enough to apply but not so that it makes me oily or moves around. I will be repurchasing a full sized one when I finish it.

2) Erase Paste: This is a good concealer. I like to use it under the eyes for my dark circles. It does crease on me if I don't set it but I feel like all concealers crease under they eyes if they aren't set with a powder. It's a good size too which is a plus. I still prefer MAC's Select Moisture Cover Concealer which is my HG under eye concealer.

3) That Gal primer was nice, but just ok. I liked the smell of it and how it felt going on. It made my skin feel nourished and hydrated and went on smoothly. However, I feel like it didn't help my foundation stay on longer and it didn't control my oiliness as much as I would like it to.

4) Eye Bright is a great product. I prefer the pencil version of this which I have purchased many times before getting this. I use it under the eyes before I apply my under eye concealer. It really helps brighten up my whole face. However, in the palette is feels a bit more stiff and dry which I didn't like.

5) Lemon Aid I did not care for. It has a nice, creamy consistency that glides on the eyelid without tugging or pulling, but this thing creased on me like no other. I like the idea of this product, and it does say what it claims which is to color correct the eyelid but it creases! I tried applying it over my Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer but it still creased on me.

I didn't like the brushes for applying these products on the face but they work great as lip brushes. The bulky packaging is also a bit cumbersome.

I'm glad I purchased this because I like that I got to try all these different products but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by HotFushia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Confession: I'm a sucker for cute packaging and I'll confess cute packaging is what drew me to purchase Benefit's Confession of a Concealaholic kit. Now let me break this kit down ... It comes with sample sizes of various Benefit concealers and highlighers: Erase Paste, two Boi-ings, Lemon Aid, Eye Bright and 'That Gal.'
The sizes of the above mentioned products are fairly small and the package is mostly box. The box is rather large for what the amount of product inside, so it's not the most travel-friendly. With the exception of Erase Paste and That Gal, the samples are all air exposed (not in individual containers) and are subject to drying out after a couple of months. The brushes that come with the kit are also fairly useless. However, you could use the brushes to hygienically scoop out the product. Now onto the individual concealers/highlighters ...
1) Erase Paste: it's a thick concealer that works best when warmed by rubbing between your finger tips so that it can glide easily underneath your eyes. Erase Paste is a pretty decent full coverage concealer. My only issue with it is that it doesn't seem to stay put after a couple of hours and that it can settle into your fine lines. Maybe this can be prevented by using a good under eye primer (which I wasn't using).
2) Boi-ings: you receive each a light and dark shade that you could mix for your ideal shade. I wasn't a huge fan of this concealer. I found the formula dry and stiff. It also didn't have staying power once applied and settled into my creases.
3) Lemon Aid: I found this eyelid primer too yellow and it changed the colour of my eye shadows. This primer also didn't stay put and moved and settled into the eye crease. Not good.
4) Eye Brighter: I found this formula very chalky and dry, although I did like the colour. It also wasn't long lasting.
5) 'That Gal': I didn't find this product an effective primer and it was too pink for my whole face for my personal taste. However, I sometimes use this product as a blush on my cheeks.
Overall, I must confess, I won't be repurchasing this kit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I bought this "palette" online after dealing with mild acne for a while and not being able to find much that would cover it up sufficiently. I was extremely dissapointed with this product, however. First of all, the brushes that came with this were crap, so if you were thinking of using those for their intended purpose of applying the product, think again. Just go ahead and throw those in the trash. The Erase Paste was waaaayyyyy too dark for my pale skin tone. So, i gave that to my mother. That Gal brightening primer is nothing special, doesn't brighten your face at all. I would much rather use my Smashbox primer that actually makes my makeup stay longer. The Lemon-Aid color correcting primer did very little, and the pink Eye Bright highlighter again, did almost nothing for my eyes. The best product in the package was the Boing concealer. Although the darker one was way too dark for my skin tone and a complete waste. The lighter one was actually the perfect match for my skin tone and I did use all of that. I like the concealer okay, it's a pretty good concealer but nothing amazing. All of this comes packaged in a bulky box that is inconvenient for traveling, even if I did want to take it anywhere. Not only that but the products inside (Lemon-Aid, Eye Bright, Boing) dry out after a few months to the point where they are unusable. I usually love Benefit products so this was a big dissapointment. I would not reccomend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by daizy4070

There is a whole lot a packaging for what you actually get. I did like That Gal primer but the Erase Paste was way too dark, and the other concealers were hardly blendable. Basically I paid almost 40 bucks for a sample size of That Gal, everything else was a waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Krystallulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Cute packaging. The only concealer that i use in the palette is Erase Paste and maybe a little bit of Boi-ing. Other than that, this palette didn't really work for me. The lemon-aid was too bright and it lightens my puffy undereye even more! Def not using it. I do like the 'That Gal' primer, it's was not amazing but rather okay. I am not going to buy this product again. It's way too expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by alsturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this product. The Lemonaid is by far my favorite, as it covers any discolouration on my eyes and works as a brilliant primer. The Eyebright got very dry and isn't creamy like its meant to be, however works well when I wet it down. The Erase Paste is too dark for me, however works well too. That Gal- I did a review on that separately as I love it! The Boi-ing is just amazing- doesnt stay for long but covers very well. I think I may have to buy a new pack however as mine keeps breaking me out more so there may be some bacteria lurking in it. The brushes are okay- the glue doesnt hold them well and they all broke, but they are still useable. Very handy kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by abigtourist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Erase paste is a gift from the BeneFit gods! I especially like this concealer palette because it has a good size for Erase paste, Lemon Aid, and Eye Bright --- The individual package for each product is too much! All you need is one swipe of your pinky for each product to do the job. The only downside for me is that Boi-ing and That Gal are both useless to me. (I use High Beam as a highlight instead of using That Gal to brighten my face.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Aprilsfool413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was lured in by one of the workers at ULTA beauty to buy this expensive box. I asked her if it was bad for my skin because I have acne prone skin, and she said it was fine... I looked up the ingredients for boi ing and it has TALC in it! This is known for clogging pores! Not only am I pissed off that the lady lied to me, the boi ing product also looks cakey and dry on my skin. I donít even use the primer, lemonade, or the eyebright. And the erase paste is too creamy and slides around under my eyes! I use the boi ing still despite its horrible ingredients, but I would never buy this stupid box again.The packaging also sucks because everything is not properly sealed and it came with horrible little applicators! What a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good sampler of the different concealers the brand has to offer. Both of the Boing concealers are useful depending on what I have to cover but like some other reviews said the packaging makes me feel like they're gonna dry out faster than they normally would. The Erase Paste is also a good match for my skin but since I don't have bad undereye circles or anything I only use it to cover the occasional veiny-ness and it works. The Lemonaid concealer is by far my fave product in this and something I probably would not have thought to buy on its own and it really brightens my eyes. The other eye brightener is a little dry but looks good in the corners of my eyes and holds eyeliner there for hours without it smudging. The primer/brightener doesn't seem to do anything for me other than be silky. I probably wouldn't buy this whole kit again and might not get any of the products in it besides the Lemonaid because I already have an HG concealer (Amazing Cosmetics in Light Gold :) ). But it's useful for when I want to switch stuff up since the AC concealer is super expensive and I wanna go easy on it on days when I don't NEEDneed it,