September 23, 2014 | 1636 users online

Foundations - Vapour Organic Beauty - Atmosphere Luminous Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

Look, I really like this foundation! I've been working my way through a bunch of samples. Personally, I do not use it all over, but more like an illuminating concealer on spots, under eye and on eye lid. Shade #115 is best for me for this (at the moment anyway). I will most certainly order a full size. It is a bit expensive, but considering it is all natural, I will just pay for it. I also sampled a blush. Samples are crazy expensive I feel. Especially as you have to get samples, as you cannot go in store to test. That kinda sucks. I actually bought myself a full sized W3ll people foundation stick (without sampling), but I find it way too dry and MUCH prefer the Vapour. And I do not have try skin. It is pretty damn normal. It is winter here in Australia, so maybe the w3ll people will be better in summer?! Time will tell !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This foundation is really awesome all-around. It is extremely portable (comes in a stick form- lovely!) and is idiot-proof. You just swipe the stick on areas that require coverage and blend with your fingers. Easy and fast- my favorite! This provides sheer to medium coverage. I do not like to layer on too much of this product, because it starts to look unnatural, but you can definitely get good coverage without piling it on. Although I have oily skin, I really appreciate that the composition of this foundation stick is primarily oil. It makes the product really easy to blend and it does not exacerbate any existing skin conditions that I may have. The luminosity in this product is pretty awesome as it gives a nice glow without looking greasy or shiny. It can also double as a concealer (I use it under my eyes and it does a great job of brightening) My only semi-complaint is that the color selection that you see on the website does not accurately represent the color of the product. I got the color s90 because I am very white (but on the website, s90 is GHOSTLY pale), and I was surprised to see that it is a peachy ivory. The color wound up being a good match, but I think the company should do a better job of representing its color selection. I still am in love with this product, so I am giving it 5 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Musja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely hate this foundation. I've spent $17.30 on 5 generous samples (Sephora sized) and this is the worst money spent because I cannot even use these samples. It is extremely oily and tacky, it just never dries out on your face, it just sits on top of your skin and if you even slightly touch your face it wipes off. Because it is super oily (imagine applying olive oil all over your face oily) it causes breakouts. Don't even get me started on the scent - plain disgusting, it smells like went bad broccoli oil or patchouli. I usually don't mind smell in skincare or cosmetics as long as it's a pleasant one.
If after all this you still want to try this out let me give you some tips on colors as they are much darker than what you would expect from the web description.
S090 = NW15, s100 = NW17, s110 = NW20 all with strong pink undertones
s115 = NW/NC25 with neutral undertone
This foundation can only work for someone with super and I mean super dry skin.
BTW my skin is combination and I am NW15, the 1st color was not a bad color choice.
I hope this helps.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by coosibell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is superb. It feels good on my skin, and my skin feels wonderful with it on. I like the stick format since you can add more to trouble spots (for me, rosacea redness) and less elsewhere very easily. Great color matching and organic. My skin is quite reactive to botanicals, and it has been very frustrating to search for healthy, non-animal-tested cosmetics that don't flare up my skin. Finally, I've found something that works wonderfully. Their skin perfector is fabulous, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by apg000

Overall, the product is good.

Pros:
They have a wide variety of colors to choose from. I was able to find a color that matched my skin tone perfectly.

The product seemed to glide on my skin and was very easy to blend.

Cons:
Product slides around on the skin if you have oilier skin unless you set it with a powder.

Cost. The tube of foundation lasted me 3 months. If I bought this product every 3 months, the annual cost would be beyond what I am willing to pay for foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MICKADEEDONG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another all natural product that does not live up to the hype.
Let me say first, I have dry rosacea skin.
I bought the color 100. I am NC20 or Bobbi Brown "warm sand" (sometimes sand). So this was too light for me. It was a nice neutral shade that would work well with someone with fair skin.
This was somewhat easy to apply and blend. But I did have to tug at my skin to do it. Which is a minus.The coverage is sheer to medium. Barely covered up rosacea (maybe because it was wrong shade..) It does create a glowy finish but the formula didn't work well with dry skin. After having this on my face for a hour my skin started to feel parched. This maybe due to the silica in it. God forbid you get a little hot wearing this too. I couldn't imagine wearing this in the summer. The slightest sweat makes this melt off your face. It has little to no staying power even when I set with Alima mineral foundation. I didn't like the color or the wear of this product. And it did not moisturize my face like I had hoped. I did not like this product, but I don't think it is awful. If you have normal skin and need little coverage, it could work. I would not recommend this for rosacea skinned people. I do not think the way it is packaged and appiled is hygenic. Which bacteria makes rosacea worse. Last note, My stick that i recieved smelled like a crayon with a very faint fruity smell. It made me wonder if the oils in it had gone bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Roxie83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, So let me give it to your straight. I'm Fair...VERY VERY Fair. Not fair for my area...straight up pale! I'm talking Dita Von Teese pale! I ordered shade 100 because I feared (based on the manufacturers website photos) that the 90 would be too pale even for me....strange I know, but I just don't see myself as pale as I am being the albino they pictured (maybe it's my computer graphics?). When I got it I took one look and thought, man...I should have tried 90. I swatched, just in case and it was luminous as it states in the title and it was lighter on the skin... So I thought...What the heck lets give it a go!

I first applied the stratus instant skin perfecter (the stick type) and then had a go at the foundation. I warmed it on the back of my hand and then applied the stick to my face as directed. I have to say it was semi decent at covering red. I went around once then added a couple of coats to the areas that were particular red. Then smoothed with my fingers as needed... I think that if you are someone who like light to almost medium coverage you might like this, but I am a full coverage (think mac studio fix, illamasqua rich liquid, and so on) kind of girl. So I still felt I needed coverage in some red areas. I then used some ben nye loose powder in fair on the areas I don't like to shine as much, in order to set them and of course take away the shine. But I did go back in with a little concealer afterwards (I use illamasqua as my concealer...skinbase in 02 this time as it was the closest to my hand) and added a tad more powder on it. Thing is where ever I didn't have powder I was luminous (or shimmery if you will). Then I realized! I'm not a fan of that for the whole face, but I this is the perfect highlighter for pale skin! I've been seeking out a highlighter forever! I've tried mac and many many more. This is the first one that gave the natural kinda of dewy glow that I was looking for! I gave it a 4 because I don't want to use it as foundation (though I guess I could if I liked lighter coverage with a dewy glow, but that's not my style). If this were meant to be a highlighter though I'd give it a 5 all the way! In the end...I love it, but more as a highlighter (since I'm a full coverage kinda girl).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

I've been looking for a good natural foundation and had heard some good things about Vapour, so I decided to order some samples of their foundation. Their selection chart recommends Luminous for my skin type, rather than Soft Focus, and the price point makes me lean in its direction as well. I sampled 110 and 115, and I have to say that neither color really looked better than the other. I have a fair, neutral skin tone that leans slightly warm, and I don't think either of these colors really matched me. 110 makes me look pale, 115 makes me look a bit pink (which is odd, considering it is supposed to be for warm toned skin).

The samples themselves have lasted me for a few weeks, so I can at least say that this doesn't make me break out! It also has great coverage for me; my main issue are some red patches on my cheeks, as well as some bumps on my jawline. This diffuses the redness beautifully without making me look like I'm wearing a mask. It makes my skin look velvety and lovely throughout the day with only a bit of powder. It also didn't settle into creases or pores for me.

I use this more like a concealer than a foundation; I really can't put it in my t-zone, because it does turn into an oil slick before the end of the day. It might be alright to use all over in the winter, but not right now.

I'm still testing foundations to see if I can find something that works as well as this for cheaper, and I'm definitely considering getting a tube of this for winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by happelnotapple

I really tried to like this product. Truly. I loved the smell of this foundation, but this was too heavy for my skin. I could never truly feel like I could get this stuff washed off, and I honestly believe this contributed to breakouts and clogged pores. The coverage was medium at best, but felt greasy and never fully "melted" into my skin like people have claimed it does. I ordered the Soft Focus foundation as well, but am afraid to try it because of the experience I've had with the stick foundation. I've since switched to Alima Pure mineral foundation and like it much, much better. If you have oily/sensitive skin, this probably isn't the foundation for you. It wasn't for me, but I am glad I tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Ranna1994

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've finally found it! This is my HG foundation. I have been using a tinted moisturizer for years; this is my first try with a cream stick and I am blown away. I use 115 Fair Skin with Neutral Undertones, and it really is neutral (so many say they are and they really aren't). The texture of this is absolutely wonderful: "light as air" definitely describes it. Once it warms to your skin it is extremely blendable, more so than any other foundation I've ever used. When I first "draw" with it on my skin it actually makes my pores appear huge, but they absolutely disappear once it's blended in. It is definitely light coverage, but can be built up to almost a medium coverage. I have very dry skin and this does not moisturize at all (I still wear a moisturizer followed by a sunscreen under it). The stick is really great - just throw it in your purse! I have been using it for about 5 weeks now and have had no breakouts at all. It really looks like a natural not-quite-dewy sheen that is wonderful and makes my skin look like a teenager's again (I'm 43) and hides any wrinkles (although I'm fairly wrinkle free). Probably the most telltale thing is that the first day I wore it my husband said, "OMG, you look so beautiful today! Did you do something different?" What else is there to say? Except, as an added bonus it really smells wonderful.