October 25, 2014 | 996 users online

Toners - Silk Naturals - 8% AHA toner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by northernlights111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been repurchasing this for years, besides plain rose and orange blossom waters this is the only toner I really like and will use. It actually made a difference in my skin, pores look smaller, tone more even. Such a great gentle exfoliant. I apply it every other night, prior to moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by xcakexfacex2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing. Absolutely HG for me. Keeps the bumpies and clogged pores at bay!!

I did lose my bottle and decided to see how my skin did without it. 2 weeks later, my face was so so clogged :( Now I always keep a backup in my closet!

I had tried glycolic acid in the past, but it was wayyy too harsh and drying for my skin. My skin does MUCH better with lactic. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but the glycolic acid molecules are very small. The lactic ones are larger. This means that the lactic acid will have a much gentler effect, as it cannot penetrate as deep, or something like that. BUT it is equally effective. Also, lactic acid also draws moisture into the skin, too! With this product, I don't even use a moisturizer (shh!).

The company is fantastic too. Very very fast shipping. It's always wrapped cute in tissue, the cap is sealed with tape and placed in a bag so no leaks, and you get free eyeshadow samples!

If you're looking to try this product, I would say start of slow though. Maybe every other night or every 2 nights and work your way up to nightly.

Love, love, love this stuff and silk naturals!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is the best AHA product i've tried, and those include the popular walgreens AHA cream (closed comedones galore) and paula's choice 8% aha gel (big breakouts and no results). i'm now thinking that glycolic acid may not be a good match for me. i decided to try the silk naturals aha because it uses the gentler lactic acid.

my skin is fair, sensitive, dry, and prone to clogged pores/whiteheads mostly in the chin area (especially the sides of the chin). i also tried PC's CLEAR bha which was very nice and calming/hydrating, but it didn't do much for my spots.

what i was hoping for: improved skin tone, reduction of PIH, help with hydration. well the silk naturals AHA has done all that, but has also banished the majority of my breakouts! my chin area is now really smooth, and that's rare for me. it did make me purge in tiny little whiteheads for about 10 days as the site warned, so don't start using this soon before an important event, but i'm glad I powered through it.

it's a very watery texture with a slight fruity scent. there is mild redness/stinging/tingling for about ten minutes or so but then it calms down. i drip a little pool into my left hand, then dip my right fingers in and apply it that way. it's less wasteful than using cotton balls but may take some getting used to because of it's so watery and can drip. be sure to close the bottle after use (i've forgotten once or twice and apparently the water content can evaporate this way).

it's now been a little over 2 weeks and i can't believe the improvement its made in that short amount of time (especially since most of it so far was purging!). i credit this product to the recent leaps and bounds my skin's made in becoming nicer and healthier. it's a great price for the amount you get so it should last several months, and i appreciate that you can try a sample first.

just a friendly reminder that AHA products make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so be sure to wear your sunscreen (as always). no one wants to end up with darker age spots/acne scars while trying to treat them!

hope this is helpful. enjoy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I love this stuff! It has been awesome for all my PIH and my flakeys :D I use this every night, and simply pour some into my hand and spread it out. It is very gentle, and results are quick. The ingredients list is minimalistic, which is great for people who are prone to breakouts. Although it can be inconvenient to buy products online i find that SN's shipping times are always very fast.

Will keep using this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by slim34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nice, non-irritating lactic toner. I've discovered that my skin prefers lactic over other acids like glycolic, salicylic and mandelic.

I alternate nights between this toner and Atralin, and my skin really seems to be loving the results of the two products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, the Silk Naturals AHA didn't work for me. I wanted something that would help my skin appear less dull and more clear, and decided to go with this product based on the good reviews, and because I had used the Silk Naturals BHA toner before and liked it a lot. With the first use, I noticed that it made my skin very slightly red, but this faded within a few minutes of application. I used it every second night at first, and liked that my face was starting to feel more smooth and look more "glowy." However, as I continued to use it, I noticed that the redness was increasing. Then, one night, after about two weeks of use, I put this on as usual and within a few minutes my face was bright, bright red, and felt burning hot. It took 2 hours before my skin calmed down again, and I haven't touched this product since.
That being said, I think Silk Naturals makes a lot of wonderful products and I have had great experiences with everything I've tried so far from them, apart from this product. It's a shame it was too harsh for my sensitive skin, but I think this would still be great for those whose skin is less sensitive than mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do like Silk Naturals makeup and skincare. Samples are available on most skin care items.

This is a mild lactic toner that I use almost every night. It exfoliates gently. Does not irritate my sensitive skin. I have repurchased many times. Silk Naturals charges shipping cost by weight, so it is more economical to buy two at one time. Silk Naturals ships quickly (sometimes same day).

I prefer this AHA product over Paula's choice (the gel is sticky) or Neostrata (more costly).
***************************************************************

INGREDIENTS (from Silk Naturals site)
4-ounce(120 ml) bottle.

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Aloe Vera juice, Lactic Acid, Gluconoactone and Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Bicarbonate

Gluten-free, Pregnancy Safe. Shelf life 6 months.
continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So to be honest, I didn't expect much when I ordered this AHA toner. I have three blushes from SN and I DO like them, so I wasn't concerned with the quality of this product, just the effectiveness. I used it last night for the first time and again this morning. I have to say, I'm VERY impressed. I've used AlphaHydrox products in the past,but had a reaction to their AHA toner and lotion. But with this, oh my....I didn't notice any change last night, but this morning after my shower, and using it I looked in the mirror and for the first time in 25 years, I didn't see any blackheads on my nose. I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them. I'll update if anything changes. : )

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

I love this. I use a glycolic acid cleanser (Wrinkle revenge 3), then I use this toner and these products have transformed my skin. I went straight for the 8% and find it very gentle on my skin. I had bad skin before using these products but now I am proud of my skin and feel it would be a shame to cover it up with make up! My cheeks were fairly red and were blotchy and uneven, this toner has calmed them down, evened them out and brightened my skin. Just a tip try their black label full lip product as well which is also great and really reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by fromstarstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was initially nervous about using an AHA toner because my skin is extremely sensitive. I've used plenty of "gentle" toners, both drug store and high end quality, and ended up with a red, raw face. I knew I needed something to aid in brightening up my dull skin as well as helping to unclog the very large pores on my nose.

This toner ended up being absolutely perfect for me. It does tingle/itch a bit and makes my face feel slightly warm, but it's never caused a burning sensation for me. My skin did purge after the first couple of uses, but I only got one pimple and it healed very quickly. I started off using it every third night since my skin is so sensitive, but I now use it every other night with no problems at all.

I absolutely love the way my skin looks and feels now. It's incredibly smooth and looks quite bright, even when I'm completely bare-faced. At first I used it alone at night, but now I like to take my makeup off and clean my face, apply the toner, then use a good treatment serum and moisturizer on top of it. It seems to work better for me that way, and the moisturizer neutralizes the itch. I am already photosensitive, and I can tell that it's more pronounced while I'm using the toner. I use sun protection products on my face every day anyway, so this has not been an issue.

You get a lot of product for the price, especially when you consider how little you really need to use. When I received the bottle, the flip-top was taped shut, and the entire cap was taped to the bottle. All of that was inside a plastic baggie. There was no way it was going to leak, but even if it had, it wouldn't have gotten on the rest of my order.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No