Revlon Lilac Pastelle 200 [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 7/16/2013 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The color was a bit too out there for me to pull it off. However, it looked alright with a very very thin coat dabbed on. I found this lip gloss made my lips look flaky and bumpy which I thought was strange because they would look and feel smooth when I put anything else on. Might try this in a different shade

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

What a unique lip gloss! I definitely was not sure how this color would look on my olive-ish skin, but i was pleasantly pleased to find that it is quite flattering! Yes, it may give you that slight corpsey-look, but in a good way! Does that make sense? It adds a bit of neutral-ness to your face, allowing for either dramatic or simple eye makeup. It is a gorgeous color that is worth checking out -- esp if ever on sale. Just do it; these glosses are great!

on 2/18/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is stunning. It is a beautiful shade that I can actually get away with at work because I am NW45 and it just works. Looks like a bit of a different pink lipgloss on me. I love it and will definitely be repurchasing if I ever run out. This is not a shade that I wear every day but I definitely should reach for it more. These glosses are just so high quality that I ended up with about 10 of them in my makeup arsenal. Very well done Revlon. Particularly since this has no shimmer and is quite pigmented.

on 1/26/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the concept of this gloss, it is smooth, non-sticky, creamy, and mostly taste and scent-less. However, I just couldn't find a good way to wear this lilac color. I prefer warm toned shades for my lips and this made everything very cool-toned. Nevertheless, it's a beautifully formulated gloss, the color just wasn't my favorite.

on 1/2/2013 3:56:00 PM

The colour is so pretty I just had to buy it and after trying it out, I love it! It leaves the lips with a subtle lilac colour and if I want to deepen the colour I'll apply Revlon's Just Bitten lipstain in Darling. The formula is a beautiful non-sticky solution. If you want to add some new colours to your collection, this one is different from most others, subtle yet still pretty. Keep in mind though that the colour will have different effects on everyone based on natural lip colour and skin tone. It's worth a try though!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I find that this color can be very hard to wear because it is a very pale lilac color which on the lips can almost look white.I can't wear this on it's own I find that this looks nice overtop of the pale purple kissable balm stain in (darling).I find if warn on it's own in with look like a very pale pink but with this formula the product will move all around the lips it won't stay around the edges it smears and it just looks like a 3 year old playing around with makeup.

on 7/29/2012 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This color can be slightly daunting but it actually very wearable. I like that the blue tones down my natural lip color and the final color it a delicate, milky pink.

The smell isn't overwhelming and reminds me of Vanilla Coke.

The feel is smooth and easy to sheer out. It's slippy on the lips and just slightly sticky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is not a bad lipgloss by any means but this particular shade does not suit me. But, I completely agree that it is my fault, hence the 4 rating.
If I do want to wear it, I apply a very sheer layer. I have yet to try it out with a lipliner but that might take a while since I do not use lipliners (i feel it ages)
I do love other lipglosses in this line: nude lustre, coral (?), raizin, etc

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Lilac Pastelle is part of a summer 2010 collection; other limited edition colors are Coral Reef, Firecracker, Peach Petal, & Pink Pop.

I'll be frank & say I'm glad I only bought one to try because I liked nothing about this—I literally don't like the lip gloss itself or the color. It's way too creamy & thick that it just looked milky on my lips. It's consistency is gloopy & the eerie shade looks horrible on me. I've read some reviews suggesting to wear it over a matching lipstick like Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick in Berry Haute. I thought it might be long-lasting because of how thick & sticky it is, but the staying power is bad despite that!

Lilac Pastelle isn't the most wearable shade & the color is sheerer than it appears in the tube. The bit of color I can see after applying a coat is strange. The bluish pink or violet pink is out there looks bad on my (NC45) dark skin. It's honestly borderline lavender. Some lilacs contain pink undertones while others may be peachy; some have blue undertones while others swing toward magenta. I personally avoid lilacs with pink undertones.

None of that really matters because it's not true to color, anyway. I think this particular shade would be really pretty & more natural on somebody with light skin. Super Lustrous is actually pigmented if it's build up, but because of how thick it is, putting on more than a coat of two looks disgusting. This was a let-down & I definitely won't be buying another tube unless I see it on sale or clearance & in a more flattering shade.

on 2/1/2012 7:28:00 PM

My new favorite lip gloss...beautiful pale lilac/pink color and it has no smell or taste. Will be stocking up on this one!

Popular Lip Glosses