Mary Kay Satin Hands Fragrance Free Hand Cream

3.7

on 1/28/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Pretty decent stuff, first I moisten my hands with rosewater, then use this hand cream, followed by Mary Kay Emollient Cream. Works well for me although a bit expensive, a little goes a long way...I have used mine since September and still have a third of it left.

on 1/26/2015 4:51:00 PM

This is a product I couldn't live without! Best hand cream in the world. This has been the only product that keeps my hands soft for hours. Even in the harsh winter months and after washing my hands. My hands used to crack and bleed in the winter, no matter what hand cream/lotion I used. Not with this stuff. Skin saver.

on 12/19/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I recently tried this and have had such a positive experience -- I bought a tube for a friend who was complaining about having dry hands. It's funny how one product can work miracles for one person and not be effective for another. In my experience -- I love that this is fragrance free. I put this on at night just before slipping into the covers. My hands feel ultra smoothe in the morning and throughout the day -- I stroke the tops of my hands and wonder how I haven't discovered this product sooner. It works for me and I am escaping dry, cracked knuckles this winter -- loving it!

on 12/19/2014 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've recently been introduced to Mary Kay and am trying out several Mary Kay products. This was one I tried out. I did not like it. Yes, it's fragrance free which is always great. But that's the only good thing. The cream leaves my hands feeling greasy and slippery. So I tried using it at night when I went to bed. But when I woke up, it was like I'd never put on anything at all! My hands were still very dry and slightly flaking. I don't have any skin conditions, just sensitivity to the cold. And this cream couldn't even help that. I do not recommend this at all.

on 5/7/2014 3:05:00 AM

I received this as a gift from my boyfriend's mom. The cream does a pretty decent job at moisturizing my hands. It will wash off if you rinse your hands with water but it does a relatively good job at keeping my dry hands at bay most of the time. It's a bit pricy and not something I would splurge on but I did like the product.

on 4/27/2014 4:43:00 PM

I like the scented versions better- but this cream does last

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Moisturizes well and lasts a while, but never really absorbs and has a greasy finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Have you ever been out trick or treating and had a little tube of hand cream dropped in your pillowcase? That's how I got this sample. I've never used anything from Mary Kay before, like so many others in my age group, I associate it with being an old lady brand. I scanned the brand's website, and it seems like they've updated their image though. On to the product! Mary Kay's Satin Hands Fragrance Free Hand Cream has a "luxurious formula that absorbs quickly and provides 24 hour moisture, even through several hand washings". This hand cream was "clinically tested by dermatologists for skin irritancy and allergy". Like I mentioned, I got this .75fl oz sample as a Halloween treat. The full size 3fl oz bottle retails for $10. Mary Kay products can be bought through the brand's website, or through a local representative, which you can also find through the site.This hand cream was made in America. Mary Kay does not test on animals, but there is currently some controversy about their testing policy.
The mini tube of Satin Hands seems to be exactly the same as the full size, which is always nice. This hand cream comes in a white squeeze tube with a clear twist on cap. The Mary Kay logo and product name can be found on the front of the tube. Turn the tube over and you'll see a set of directions in English and French. It's very easy to squeeze out too much product. The first time I tried this hand cream, I squeezed out at least a third of the tube. I now know that you have to be super gentle with this tube. For that reason, I probably wouldn't recommend sticking this product in your purse.
I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty picky with hand creams. I work in the food industry, so between wearing gloves all day and washing my hands and using hand sanitizer multiple times a day, I need a lot of from my hand creams. After using Garnier's 7 Day Nourishing Hand Cream, I don't know if I'll ever be fully satisfied by another hand cream. I'm very neutral about Mary Kay's Satin Hands, it works, but not amazingly well. It lives up to it's claims of being non-greasy and it moisturizes decently, but it just doesn't "wow" me. The consistency is thinner than I prefer and it sinks in super quickly, almost too quickly if that's possible. I feel like the moisture this hand cream imparts doesn't last anywhere near the 24 hours that Mary Kay claims. The hydration that Satin Hands does deliver is fleeting, and I need to reapply pretty frequently; between 3 and 5 times a day. As for being fragrance free..I guess so? I hate fragrance free stuff, it always has some sort of gross, weird scent. In Satin Hand's case, it smells a little mushroom-y, luckily it doesn't last.
My first experience with Mary Kay products wasn't too impressive, but I'm not entirely turned off of the brand. This hand cream will be great for you if you have sensitive hands that don't need a ton of moisture. If you work in food service or nursing, this product definitely won't cut it for you. I would recommend choosing the scented version of this product (they offer a peach scented version). The unscented one is kinda icky. If you're picky about what goes into your products don't bother with this one. Mary Kay doesn't offer a full ingredient list, one "key ingredients", which are glycerin, vitamin e, and petrolatum. I don't know about you, but I don't want to pay $10 for a hand cream with such basic "key ingredients". Mary Kay's Satin Hands Fragrance Free Hand Cream is a definite skin for my opinion.

on 8/26/2012 10:17:00 PM

This came along as part of the Satin Hands Set. It's hard to believe that this hand cream lasts 24 hours, but it really does! I have tested this against L'Occitaine, No Crack, Neutrogena, Nivea, Vaseline Intensive Care, Gabriel Couzian and in my opinion, nothing can match it. Nothing. I can get through almost an entire day of repeated hand washing sun exposure, heat, wind, rain, cold, wet. Hands are still soft and smooth. The only thing I wish for is the addition of a good sunscreen. That is the only thing that keeps it from being perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This does moisturize my hands well, although it's a bit greasy and never absorbs entirely. It is fragrance-free, which means no perfume to irritate chapped skin. However, it does nothing to soften my cuticles. It's in no way worth US$10 when there are plenty of cheaper lotions and creams that moisturize just as well or better.