October 1, 2014 | 1765 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Passport Tahiti Fragrance Mist: Island Mimosa

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with this scent. This is one of those fragrances I can spend the entire day sniffing.

I really don't know how to adequately describe this fragrance. It's supposed to be a fruity floral scent but that's such an inadequate description since it's different from any fruity floral I've smelled before.

This is not a berry sort of fruity scent, nor a tropical fruity in the sense of pineapples and mangos. The bottle states beach in a bottle but it's not a coconuty, tanning lotion scent either.

Now that I've covered what it's NOT. Let me try the much harder task of capturing what it IS.

It's crisp and light, another reviewer used the word 'airy' to describe it and I think that's perfect. It's an airy floral with a hint of juicy fruitiness...think peach. The bottle itself says juicy guava. The fruit aspect of this is very subtle, just enough to round out the floral.

This is a very feminine scent. It's fun and feminine without being little girl-ish. This makes me think of a party at sunset on the beach in the islands, a girl with a tan in a bikini who had spent all day in the sun, hair is textured with salt from the ocean. Enjoying some kind of alcoholic tropical drink having fun.

On the skin this scent is even more amazing. It melds with the skin so completely you can't tell where your skin ends and this scent begins. The warmth from your skin just brings this scent to life. It smells warm and intoxicating...this really is a getaway in a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new favorite summer scent! This body spray is such a light, airy, summery scent that I spray it on every time I'm in the bathroom and pass by the bottle. I love florals and this is perfect. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. Got the lotion, too, so I can layer the fragrance. Can't recommend highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can we say, "Love at first sniff"? I was browsing around B&BW for fun a few days ago. I came across the Passport Tahiti display to sniff the Coconut Vanille fragrance. Coconut Vanille smells great (especially for really hot Summer days), but I didn't want to buy any right now, since I wouldn't be in the mood to wear it for quite a few months from now. I saw the Island Mimosa fragrance mist, and I initially expected a strong and offensive floral scent. I got the exact opposite!

While Island Mimosa is a floral scent, it also has a sweet/fruity and very clean quality to it. If you like floral, sweet/fruity, or clean fragrances, then check this out! Every time I've worn this scent, I've felt feminine, refreshed, and energetic. I love it! This is a great scent for the Spring and Summer.

This fragrance mist is actually quite strong, but not too strong. I've never felt that I've put too much on, but the scent lasts a really long time (even without using the body lotion for layering). I'm impressed! If I do use the body lotion, though, the scent will last throughout the day. If there's ever an Eau de Toilette released, then I can't imagine how much stronger it could be in comparison to the body mist.

Another thing that I love about this fragrance mist is that I don't detect a strong alcohol smell. Usually when I smell any body mist, I get an overwhelming smell of alcohol, which is why it's better to test out these kind of products on your body first. With this particular fragrance, though? I was able to smell it right out of the bottle, which I love.

This is probably my favorite B&BW scent since Cherry Blossom was released. I love it THAT much.