Yves Saint Laurent Faux cils - noir radical

3.1

on 3/18/2015 6:17:00 AM

Having been a fan of the regular black volume effect faux cils for years I decided to buy a twin pack from the duty free at the airport. I asked the woman for it and paid without thinking twice. When I actually opened the packet I thought "oh a more intense black, brilliant!" however, I was left extremely disappointed!! Although the mascara is exactly the same and gives fantastic volume and is easy to apply it smudges like mad all over my brow bone within a couple of hours wear!! I ended up selling the 2nd one online! A complete waste of money! Shame it was bought at an airport or I would have returned it on the basis I did not ask for the noir radical formula!!

on 1/19/2015 6:24:00 PM

This is my absolut favorite amongst the top brand mascaras. Nothing else comes close to this!
I have short, thin and basicly straight eyelashes (yay, lucky me) and this makes them look DIVINE.
It does tend to smudge after several hours, but its not that bad and its easily fixed.
The cons are;
After one month its dryer than clay, and you can buy a car for the same money as this costs. Almost.
But its really a false lash effect though.
Not my all time favorite, but the next best thing :)

on 12/28/2014 5:47:00 PM

Not terrible but not great either. Main issue is that it smudges! It gives decent volume and okay length but I prefer to only use it on falsies to blend with my natural lash. Otherwise it smudges to much, definitely do not put this on your lower lashes! Not worth the money, for that price you're better off buying something else.

on 9/30/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Smudges like previous comments have said , also irritates my eyes and no other makeup product has done this before. However, when it doesn't decide to smudge it gives an amazing false eyelash effect

on 11/30/2013 5:37:00 AM

This is the most expensive mascara I have ever bought and although I don't regret the purchase, I shall never buy it again. It is true what they say, the false lash effect is quite good but it smudges like crazy. I will go back to my usual volumizing mascara while searching for something better among the high-end products. This is definitely not it.

on 9/8/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am in love with this mascara! I have to admit I was in doubt over whether I should buy this or not after reading some of the reviews considering the smudging. Luckily I did not experience any of it! It has a lovely smell and does not clump nor does it seem to dry out very fast. It makes my eyelashes super long and thick, perfect for a smokey-eye night out look!

The mascara is kind of hard to wash off, but it's not that big of a challenge as long as you have a good makeup remover.

The mascara is quite expensive though, but considering the fact that I live in Norway where everything is expensive and the fact that I bought this on an online sale (the mascara cost 19.99£ which is about the same price for a drugstore mascara here in Norway.. expensive, I know) it wasn't that big of a problem.

I will definitively buy this mascara again!

on 8/5/2013 3:23:00 AM

I am a lash freak and i have bought many MANY MANY mascaras. I love fake lashes a lot bcoz i love the way they look. THIS mascara is the closest thing u wud get to fake lashes without putting them on! It blackens, thickens, and make your lashes super long! I have been repurchasing this product for 3 years

on 2/26/2013 5:45:00 AM

LIke the usual Faux Cils , except that it smudges BADLY !!!!!!!!!

on 11/14/2012 6:33:00 PM

I agree completely with the previous comments.

Pros: No mascara thickens or lengthens better than this one, and it does not give you 'spider lashes". It is the closest thing to false lashes in a tube. Does not clump.

Cons: It is extremely difficult to remove. I could deal with that (thank you Almay Moisturizing eye m/u remover pads) but, to add insult to injury - IT SMUDGES!!! If a mascara is this tough to remove, you would think that at least it would stay put. This does not stay put. It smudges - and I'm not talking just on hot, humid days, but every day, in any weather.

This is unacceptable for a mascara at this price (or any price, for that matter). Needles to say, I will not repurchase.

on 9/13/2012 1:51:00 PM

first the good:

i have found no other mascara that gives such volume, length and deep black color to my lashes (average lashes overall). Truly spectacular effect with only 2 coats. if you use a metal lash comb in between coats, not a clump in sight. it tends to clump SLIGHTLY, but this is easily remedied and to be expected when you put goop on your lashes.
The first time i put it on i was WOW!!!!! I WAS IN LOVE!!!

Then the bad:
it smudges, yes it's true and it is annoying, because if you go for full makeup (foundation, concealer, etc.) then you not only have to remove the smudges but you are left with bare skin, so you need to apply concealer again, which can be messy, etc., etc..
it has frangrance and after a couple hours my eyes get red.
Such a shame, because it costs a pretty penny and i would have expected longevity and no irritation from a product of such caliber.