July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Faux cils - noir radical

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Aeiris

This is the most expensive mascara I have ever bought and although I don't regret the purchase, I shall never buy it again. It is true what they say, the false lash effect is quite good but it smudges like crazy. I will go back to my usual volumizing mascara while searching for something better among the high-end products. This is definitely not it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Wogue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this mascara! I have to admit I was in doubt over whether I should buy this or not after reading some of the reviews considering the smudging. Luckily I did not experience any of it! It has a lovely smell and does not clump nor does it seem to dry out very fast. It makes my eyelashes super long and thick, perfect for a smokey-eye night out look!

The mascara is kind of hard to wash off, but it's not that big of a challenge as long as you have a good makeup remover.

The mascara is quite expensive though, but considering the fact that I live in Norway where everything is expensive and the fact that I bought this on an online sale (the mascara cost 19.99£ which is about the same price for a drugstore mascara here in Norway.. expensive, I know) it wasn't that big of a problem.

I will definitively buy this mascara again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Taitoona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a lash freak and i have bought many MANY MANY mascaras. I love fake lashes a lot bcoz i love the way they look. THIS mascara is the closest thing u wud get to fake lashes without putting them on! It blackens, thickens, and make your lashes super long! I have been repurchasing this product for 3 years

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Ravenus

LIke the usual Faux Cils , except that it smudges BADLY !!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by dmd1

I agree completely with the previous comments.

Pros: No mascara thickens or lengthens better than this one, and it does not give you 'spider lashes". It is the closest thing to false lashes in a tube. Does not clump.

Cons: It is extremely difficult to remove. I could deal with that (thank you Almay Moisturizing eye m/u remover pads) but, to add insult to injury - IT SMUDGES!!! If a mascara is this tough to remove, you would think that at least it would stay put. This does not stay put. It smudges - and I'm not talking just on hot, humid days, but every day, in any weather.

This is unacceptable for a mascara at this price (or any price, for that matter). Needles to say, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by fafouti123

first the good:

i have found no other mascara that gives such volume, length and deep black color to my lashes (average lashes overall). Truly spectacular effect with only 2 coats. if you use a metal lash comb in between coats, not a clump in sight. it tends to clump SLIGHTLY, but this is easily remedied and to be expected when you put goop on your lashes.
The first time i put it on i was WOW!!!!! I WAS IN LOVE!!!

Then the bad:
it smudges, yes it's true and it is annoying, because if you go for full makeup (foundation, concealer, etc.) then you not only have to remove the smudges but you are left with bare skin, so you need to apply concealer again, which can be messy, etc., etc..
it has frangrance and after a couple hours my eyes get red.
Such a shame, because it costs a pretty penny and i would have expected longevity and no irritation from a product of such caliber.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by dariacake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

HG mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This will set you back about $41 in Canada. I don't REGRET buying this, but I will definitely not buy it again and I'm kind of relieved it didn't work for me due to the price tag. I purchased this in Noir Radicale which is VERY dramatic if you want it to be. The issue is that you look like a raccoon by the end of the day, even if you weren't sweating or eyes watering. This is actually the worst mascara I have ever used with respect to smudging. Happens for me about 4 - 5 hours in. That being said, I LOVE the way this makes my lashes look until it fails ....pity about the formula. Others have said they had a hard time removing this...I didn't have any trouble at all. A few splashes of warm water gets it off the lashes (but leaves it under the eyes), then I use my Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser to take it off completely. For reference, my lashes are long and sparse, somewhat of a natural curl but I use a curler every day.
The search for the perfect mascara continues :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mascarajunkie1

I love this mascara definitely my holy grail mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had gotten a sample of this product, and absolutely loved it sooo much. The brush was stiff and a great usable size. It seemed to be the best mascara ever. So i went out to buy it, the brush was different, which i was bummed about. But eh i wanted to try it. Its nice, but very smudgy, always, always have lash marks right below my eyebrows about an hour later, which i find extremely strange. Never had this happen. Also when i take it off, it NEVER comes off very well. Still have a ring of clumpy tar like glue around my top lid. I wanted to love this, but disapointed. Dont buy!