October 20, 2014 | 1701 users online

Bath Treatments - Olay - Ultra Moisture In-shower Body Lotion with Shea Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

I absolutely LOVE this!!! I have been using it for years it makes my skin so shiny & soft all year round....but like a previous reviewer said this has been hard to find lately so when I can't find it in stores I order online...I can't live without this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I love this stuff. It smells wonderful and makes your skin incredibly soft. And it's thick somewhat too which I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Where has this been hiding??? I have legs dryer than the Sahara desert, I have to lube these babies up after every shower or bath, cause if I don't I will scratch my legs until they bleed and I do it in my sleep! I saw this on WM.com, they were being sold in a bundle of 2 for under $6. I read the reviews and they all seemed extremely good. So, I took a chance and ordered them plus a few other odds and ends...hey free shipping to my home, why not? They arrived 3 days later. I took my nightly shower and then used this "lube" as directed. Just rub into wet skin, rinse off and dry off as usual. Holy Cow...I am astounded how well this works. My legs felt moisturized but not greasy ( I hate that greasy feeling) and the smell is very gentle. But the real amazement was when I woke up the next morning, my legs still felt soft and lightly moisturized. I have already ordered 4 more bottles, this stuff is going to be a life saver this summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I have gone through 5 bottles so far. I love it. It is a fast easy way to loose that nasty dry winter skin. May they continue to make this and not discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by GlowBaby

Olay's Ultra Moisture In-Shower Body Lotion with shea butter is a lotion alternative meant to be applied in the shower and rinsed off. The logical part of me was really skeptical about a lotion that was supposed to be rinsed off. That seems incredibly counter productive to me. But, my dry skin situation was requiring some out-of-the box ideas. I looked like freaking sandpaper! I paid roughly 6 bucks for the full size, 15.2 FL OZ bottle. Not a bad price point.

I'm a pretty big fan of the scent, which is surprising after seeing some pretty negative reviews about it. It's floral and perfume-y but it's not strong and only mildly lingers. It reminds me of the Retro Couture tanning lotion by Devoted Creations which has been discontinued so the scent even gets extra bonus points from me for reminding me of my favorite lotion.

My least favorite part of this product was it's packaging. It's sort of inconvenient. It's dispensed from the bottom, which makes sure you get all the product. However, I would have preferred a pump. You have to pick it up, open it, dispense, close it, and then put it back between every area of your body. It's annoying, but not enough to discourage me from buying.

The bottle says to cleanse and rinse per usual. Not difficult. The second step says, "dispense product into hand and smooth onto wet skin. Start with a quarter size amount for each area of the body. (adjust as needed.)" It's a little weird at first, mostly because it seems odd to put my lotion on in the shower. A quarter size amount is literally perfect for each body area. For me, that's full leg, torso, full arm, back. Based on what I used for one application, the price point is suddenly incredibly reasonable. Step three is two rinse, then to pat dry with a towel. Easy enough. Because of this, I highly recommend this is the last step in your shower.

The product feels like it's forming a film on my skin, and at first I was annoyed. I HATE FILMY RESIDUE. I was willing to wait until I dried off and dressed before passing judgement though, and I'm so glad I did. That fimly feeling disappeared as soon as I was dry and it felt like I had just received a full body moisturizing treatment from my local salon. I didn't need another lotion after the shower, or even until two showers later.

Overall, I love this product. I was definitely skeptical but I think that made the end result even better. My skin was super moisturized and even my boyfriend noticed how soft my skin was feeling. The price point is great. It's been two weeks and I'm not even half way through the bottle with nearly every day use. The packaging isn't my favorite, but It's not deterring me from purchase. I will definitely be getting this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Qisma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! It kept my skin softer and moist during the winter and it's extra easy to apply in the shower. Sometimes I use just this and no other additional lotion and I still notice a difference in my skin. Only con is that its hard to find (I can only order through Amazon right now) but as long as they keep making it, I will keep buying it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I rarely put on body lotion even though I keep it in my house and I totally need to use it. Reasons why:
1. Body lotion is time-consuming. Most days I'm too lazy to apply it all over and then wait for it to absorb before getting dressed.
2. Often the lotion's scent is something I'm not crazy about and/or it clashes with my perfume.
3. The last thing I want to do after a hot shower is put cold lotion all over my skin.

Well this neat-o product addresses all of those issues, I love this because it's a lotion that I actually WANT to use. It literally takes seconds to apply, the excess gets rinsed off, step out of the shower to pat-dry, and Voila! Skin stays moisturized for a long time and the scent is subtle, disappears quickly anyway. And I love the packaging, it's an upside-down squeeze bottle. You will easily get every last bit of product out of it.
This is a great product that I'll definitely buy again. I found it at Rite-Aid, $5 for an 8oz bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

They all said it! Amazing!!! So luxurious I joke that it must have animal fat in it. lol, I'm not sure if that's possible, but you feel SO moisturized and it's SO easy! I actually get comments that my skin is so soft. That never happened before!!! Bonus is that I got it as a gift, so remember it's a great small gift idea! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love love love love love love love this product!! I hate to apply lotion after I toweled dry especially during winter when the lotion feels so cold after a nice hot shower (except for my beloved palmers aha/bha lotion, but it has actives so I'll deal with the cold :)), so I usually apply all kinds of oil in the shower on wet skin and just pat dry when I get out. my friend from the uk sent me this in-shower body lotion and I am just hooked! it only takes me a couple of seconds to cover my whole body and I have never received as many compliments on my silky soft skin since I started to use this! you also only need very little so one bottle lasts a very long time. the texture is gorgeous, like whipped cream and the scent is fresh and clean. I will repurchase this even though I have to order it online (I`m in germany), I love everything about this, what a great idea. just make sure not to rinse off too long so you don't remove too much again. I cleanse my body (also my face actually) with dr. bronners peppermint soap, apply this all over my body, massage a little and then I only rinse for a few seconds, get out of the shower and pat dry. ah, no breakouts as well and I'm very clog-prone. huge love! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product is becoming harder and harder to find but when I see it, I always grab a bottle (I fear it will eventually be pulled because it doesn't seem to be a big seller, it's not heavily advertised and many stores that carry a large array of Olay shower products don't even stock this).

I really like this in-shower "lotion" in summertime because it's really quick to slather it on, rinse it off and go. While it's not nearly moisturising enough in winter (I live in Canada, where winters are brutally drying on the skin), it is usually sufficient in summertime, so long as I eventually add a bit of body lotion on my legs and upper arms. While I don't use this all the time, even in summer, I like that it's a great option for when I'm in a hurry. Nice smell, too - soft and non-offensive and doesn't overpower my fragrance, if I'm wearing any.