October 22, 2014 | 1794 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense i-color in Black Emerald

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by fihe

I got this mascara a while ago and even though it's been over a year since I finished my tube, I thought I'd leave a review. I originally bought it because it was 75% off at CVS and I wanted to try a colored mascara (well, even though there's just a hint of color). I have brown eyes rather than hazel, but for 75% off, I didn't care :P anyway, in normal lighting it just looks like a soft black (while on the lashes), but you could see the green in bright light. the color is soft enough that it doesn't clash with certain eyeshadow colors, but it provides just a hint of enhancement ;) I think I'd buy it again if it were on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

Ever since I can remember, companies have been releasing (and not long after, discontinuing) eye makeups tailored to amplify one's eye color. The entire concept had been kaput for a long time when Almay released their line about 10 years ago (I'm estimating). And I have to say, they've been doing a nice job. For years consumers have been told if you have blue eyes, don't wear blue shadow; if you have green eyes, don't wear green shadow, etc. And Almay blew that rule out of the water by using contrasting/complementary colors in their palettes and mascaras. Green mascara? But I have green/hazel eyes! I thought, scandalized. But let me tell you, somebody at Almay knows their color theory. This is NOT a green mascara. It is black, but it is a green black; just as there are blue-toned and brown-toned blacks. But as most green (or hazel) eyes are of a warm tone, this complements those eye colors because it is a "cool" green, with an almost-teal tone. It does not scream I HAVE GREEN EYES. This is Almay, not Illamasqua. What it does is bring out the green tones in my otherwise blah green/gold/grey/brown eyes. There is subtlety and finesse there. The mascara itself comes with a very large brush, and does not clump. It volumizes and lengthens. It's not the best mascara I've ever bought, but it's by far not the worst. The same goes for the eye shadows and liners. But for years, I've been returning to Almay for delivering what the Intense I-color products promise. What I find puzzling is that Almay does not have more of a cult following for this product line, because I can't think of another brand that does it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by rocksister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One of the best mascara's I've ever used! The emerald color is subtle enough to bring out the hazel color of my eyes, and looks great for daytime and nighttime wear. Definitely earned a permanent place in my makeup bag!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lizachka921

basic mascara nothing special but does the job

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahcorsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this mascara!
it brings out your eyes amazinggglyyy with out making it look like youre wearing some goofy color mascara.
it makes your lashes soft and naturally long and thick.
it does look natural and isnt bam bam night out on the town mascara but is great for everyday/school for me.
the brush is amazing and you can get every lash, no clumps!
i really reallyyy like this and recommend it!
plus its great for sensitive eyes and doesnt make me swell up or sting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara could be called "boring", I guess, but I find it to be great for everyday use. I don't really notice any emerald tint to it, but I do like that it makes my lashes look full yet soft and natural and makes my eyes stand out without having the lashes too "black in your face". It doesn't clump or smudge very much. I would definitely repurchase it, but for more dramatic/night time makeup I'd pick a different mascara as this one would look too natural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This mascara is kind of boring. Super simple and subtle, but it doesn't seem to do much. Emerald green color is subtle and can only be seen from up close, otherwise, looks like a very subtle black. It just doesn't do that much or look that great, though it isn't a terrible product. It has a tendency to smudge and flake a little toward the end of the day. I will not be repurchasing.