July 28, 2014 | 979 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Clinical Facial Lifting Wrinkle Treatment Night

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by micheygirl66

My face had a horrible,I repeat horrible,reaction to this product.I'm not sure why,but redness and itchiness abounded.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jojolw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like other comments I noticed that my skin is smoother after application. But that may be due to the high 'cone content and glycolic acid (in the activating cream). I've used it for 4 weeks now, and noticed no change in my sagging around the jawline or around my eyes. In fact, it may have made my eyelids look more crepey! There is a slight improvement on the fine lines in my forehead, but that may be due to the glycolic acid. Save your money and buy glycolic acid instead to help with the fine lines.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Overpriced, weird system.

These miniature tubes are so expensive that I decided to just use the combo as a spot treatment (under eyes, smile lines, that little crease in the middle of my forehead).I really wanted this stuff to work; it doesn't seem to. And it is too expensive to keep on buying more.

Another complaint is that while the gray gel serum is easy to control coming out of the tube, the white activating cream flies out from the pump uncontrollably, wasting product. I am sure I am going to run out of the gray gel serum first.

That said, when I used these AFTER moisturizing WELL, I did seem to feel a little "something" sensation on my skin. So who knows if this stuff really could work (were I to have enough of it to slather it on)?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by chatnoir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few weeks and I could swear that my skin actually looks *worse* since using this - lines/crow's feet MUCH more prominent, skin drier and more lackluster. Everyone used to tell me I look young for my age but since using this it seems I've aged years. As expensive as this was I discontinued use after only a few weeks and still half the bottles remaining as my face seemed to be going the way of Dorian Grey's portrait.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by nuityeux

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this product about 2 months ago now and have mixed comments on it. When I first started using it, I found the gel serum rather disturbing with its' gray color - however, that being said, once it is applied it virtually disappears into the skin. The formula is extremely soft - very similar to Smashbox primer. The next step, the activating serum is lovely - a light, easily absorbed consistency with a wonderful, clean scent. I really did not notice too much tingling - unless I had an open blemish that it was being applied over. I must say that the duo left my skin feeling extremely soft and over the course of approximately one week, I noticed quite a reduction in the nasolabial folds - the area really appeared to be filling out nicely. Also, some of my scars were softened. On the down side, I still struggled with the dry skin on the sides of my nose and between my eyebrows. I did not really notice any difference in the eye area (I think only eau d' plastic surgeon would fix this area on me - very thin, crepey skin in this area). So, overall, I was finding this product quite nice -for awhile - but then encountered an odd problem - and this may just have to do with my skin type, age or whatever. After using the product for a few weeks I noticed that if I ever went to pick even a small blemish (and shhsh - yes, I know I am not supposed to - however, I do) it would immediately bleed - kind of seep from the skin and this is not something that is normal for my skin. It was almost as though the capillaries underneath had been weakened - and this made me question the ingredients that might be creating the problem - namely I was worried about the gray gel. So, I have discontinued using this product and moved on to Olay Regenerist - which, by the way is a wonderful moisturizer and has completely taken care of the peeling skin at the side of my nose. Also, no more bleeding pores, should I be once again at my bad habit of picking. So, all in all, maybe the use of this product is dependent on the skin type - I am not sure - but I did see some nice results, so I hope it continues to work for others - minus the side effects I experienced.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by workoutgal7

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and I have to say I LOVE IT! I've noticed that fine lines are almost gone, my skin is smooth and firm under my eyes and my dark circles are almost completely gone. This just might be my HG under eye cream!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sara38

Don't waste your money, no difference at all. I used this product for over 6 weeks and I have not seen any difference in my face. Im 38 years old and have a few wrinkles, very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Barb2313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING! The ion complex leaves your face and neck feeling and looking baby smooth!! The SPF 30 activating day cream is perfect for my oily skin - leaves it non-greasy, but gives me great protection from the sun here in South Florida. These two products are bought in the Neutrogena Clinicals kit together; use the ion complex first and then put on the day cream; the best thing of all is that foundation goes on and stays on beautifully over these two products...!!! It is rather pricey and the sizes/packaging could be more generous for what you pay, but this product is brand new so hopefully it will come down in price. Definitely my HG for a daily skin treatment!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by bliss7237

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's been only a week, but so far, this stuff is incredible! My skin looks clearer, brighter, and more even. I don't know how, but the dark circles/bags under my eyes look much less puffy and lighter. This system is very expensive, but I'm pleased so far. I hope to continue to see good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sasscass

I've been using this product almost a week and I swear I saw results after only one day. I've had no break outs and my skin feels very soft after use - in addition to it seeming the lines in my forehead are somewhat less visible. I had a break out that was in the healing stage (and still is) when I started using this product. I've read reports of some folks feeling like there is a static like feeling or pin prick feel to this product and I think I experienced it on the areas where my break outs were healing. It hasn't made them worse, it seems to have sped up the recovery - they were really bad.

This product is a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but you can get a $15 rebate and $5 off coupon at Neutrogena's website.

I'm also not a huge fan of the packaging - but, I generally think most companies over package. So wasteful!

I think everyone should try this out! I'm impressed so far.

*UPDATED 08.30.2010*

I've been using this product a few months now. I still love it! I suggest spot treating, unless you can afford to buy the product more than once a month. I like to spot treat my forehead and laugh lines with a dime size amount of the gel and then use 5 pumps of the moisturizer all over my face. I was finding that I'd run out of the gel way before the moisturizer, so I upped the amount of moisturizer.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No