October 31, 2014 | 1713 users online

Toners - Jurlique - Rosewater Balancing Mist

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think toners are pretty much useless, but I received this mist in a Jurlique value set from Sephora. I love the smell and imagine that it would be nice to have on a plane to combat dryness, but the bottle is glass (great for home, awful for travel) and kind of big to put in my precious Ziploc bag given everything else I like to take on the plane. I can't imagine that this toner does anything for my skin and wouldn't recommend it unless you like rose scents or find them calming.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Repurchasing this for more than 3 bottles, not because it works excellent, but it is an ok toner, smells rosy and nice, do not believe a toner could give your skin huge improvement, it is just a water. I'm still looking for a good toner, before I find out my 'mr right', will keep using this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by winnie231084

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my most regrettable for buying this product. My skin starts drier and I have read a review saying Water Balancing Face Mist is very important to keep your skins look fresh, hydrating during the day, ect so I went ahead to choose a product from Jurlique. I selected the rose favour as the SA introduced me this one as it has been ranked one of the best products. Initially I felt the rose smell is so strong when I tried it in my hand in DF. But I still decided to buy it.

At the result, I'm very disappointed. OMG !!! I cant express enough how terrible I have felt. The rose smell is sooooo strong that makes me extremely headache, dizzy and vomit. The smell remains in the face for so long. I'm quite ok with the rose favour but this kind of favour is like cheap one. I just cant stand it.

My skin starts a feeling like humid, even drier. I have sprayed twice today and decided to stop it. I definitely not recommend this one for who is sensitive with strong smell. Its too expensive as costed $49 nzd as It wont worth the price. The package is cute but inconvenience for carrying in the bag, still big though. VERY DISAPPOINTED. Wont purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

very refreshing, it smells very rosy and strong. it is very hydrating. this is only for someone who loves roses smell. it is one of the best of jurlique's products. it also contains lactic acid. very good. i actually prefer their lavender mist better, the smell is more subtle and pretty much the same formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This leaves your skin so soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by xsamanthaashley

It's become an enjoyable addition to my skin care routine and 2 weeks into using the product and I already can't imagine going a day without it! The mist absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving your face looking oily but gives my face a really hydrated appeal. I use this product both morning & night after I've cleansed my face with the Jurlique Rose moisture plus moisturising Cleanser. I will say that the mist isn't moisturising but tones and freshens up the skin to provide subtle hydration.

Again, the only downside to the product is the glass bottle that product sits in, otherwise I've had no problems with it whatsoever! This is Toner does have alcohol within it but I don't find that it dries my skin out at all and hasn't caused any irritations of any sort.

Full review with photographs are up on our blog!
xx

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Jossychen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The rose scent is what got me hooked on two bottles of this product.. But it is really overpriced for a toner and I decided to stop cos there was not much of an effect on the skin :/

It is undeniably refreshing though and I miss the scent.. So if u have money to spare and wanna feel like a rose, it is okay :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this product is listed as a 'toner' I definitely wouldn't call it a toner in the ordinary 'use after cleansing' sense of the word. Rather, I bought it to use as a hydrating pick-me-up during the day when my skin gets a bit dry from being in a building that runs airconditioning/heating all day.

To be frank, it doesn't really seem to do much at all. It's refreshing enough when I spray it but as soon as it dries, my skin goes back to how it was - I could really have gotten the same refreshment from spraying water on myself.
The smell is pleasant (for me) but I can see how others might find it to be a bit too fake and strong.

Also, just something to be careful with, it contains alcohol so if you have very dry or sensitive skin, I'd either stay clear or use it very rarely. So far, it hasn't had any negative effects on my dry/sensitive skin but that said, I use it about once or twice a month.

Lastly, the bottle is made out of glass and the 'lid' on top comes off quite easily. As such, I also recommend not keeping it in your bag as it could potentially shatter or, as happened to me, the product can leak.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do I need this? Probably not. Do I keep repurchasing it because I always end up using the mist up? Yes.

I love Jurlique - so I might be a little biased on this review. The rose water mist is not a must have product for anybody. It isn't a toner that really cleans your face (I prefer using other toners after my cleanser to remove all my make up). It's pretty expensive for what it is and I've have similar results using 'natural brand' toners that are around 10-15 dollars I buy at health food stores/Whole Foods.

I use this Jurlique mist as a pick me up. I love the packaging and it makes me feel luxurious - it's a splurge product. It's great for spritizing on your face after you've done your foundation/powder because it makes my make up look a little more dewy. I carry it in my purse and spritz on my face throughout the day (especially in hot/humid weather). It just feels refreshing. I've brought it to the beach, on airplanes... etc. Honestly, I haven't had any noticeable skin care benefits from using it (other toners like NARS multi-action hydrating toners are definitely more skin care toners for me)

Some people hate glass packaging, the glass does not bother me as I keep most of my cosmetics on a vanity table versus bathroom cabinets. The bottle does feel a little heavy and bulky so keep that in mind if packaging like that bothers you. The 'spritzer' works flawlessly - it never gets clogged up, it distributes a very fine, even mist.

And obviously, the toner smells like rose water. I love rose scented anything, but if you have a sensitive sense of smell and don't enjoy florals it might bother you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tinka10

I don't particularly like these kind of 'spray on toners' but this one is quite nice. Its great for refreshing the skin after cleansing and also throughout the day over your make-up. The only thing I dislike is the scent, it smells like your spraying Rose perfume onto your skin. Its overpowering, and I couldn't get used to it even after a month of use.