Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

3.5

Ingredients Water, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2. Hdi/Ppg/Polyaprolactone Crosspolymer, Jojoba Seed Oil, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Rosemary Extract, Spike Moss Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Pomegranate Juice Extract, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment Extract, Haberlea Phodopensis Leaf Extract, Barley Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Licorice Leaf Extract, Hops Extract, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Pomegranate Sterols, Beet Root Extract, Sunflower Seedcake, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Adenosine Phosphate, Linoleic Acid, Algae Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caffeine, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Saccharide Isomerate, Peg-100 Stearate, Phytantriol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Pca, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Trehalose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Coconut Oil, Acetyl Carnitine Hcl, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Phenyl Trimethicone, Corn Oil, 7-Dehydrocholestrol, Cyclodextrin, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Atelocollagen, Chitosan, Caprylyl Glycol, Sphingolipids, Silica, Dextrin, Sodium Carbomer, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol

It is a nice cream that has a nice light texture that easily melts when you apply it. No particular smell: I would call it standard cream smell that is not overpowering. The hydration provided is lasting. Works well for cold months as well.

Noticed a lot of bad reviews from people with oily/acne-prone skin. This is NOT suited for those skin types! It's job is to HYDRATE! You people don't need hydration. Best suited for people with dry/very dry/sensitive and to some degree combination skin.
Probably the best moisturiser I've ever used. Only need a little bit and your skin feels like silk. When you do apply it on your face it looks and feels greasy for the first minute. After giving a minute and time to dry it makes your face look flawless and feel incredibly soft.
Perfectly suited for dry skin.

Downfall - way too pricey for a moisturiser.

on 10/19/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate this product too. Coats skin and doesn't moisturize, and also gave me cystic pimples.

on 10/19/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive. This thin, white, lightly scented cream was recommended to me by an Estee Lauder sales associate, and she gave me a sample. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly moisturizing enough for my skin.

on 9/12/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am so annoyed! I have terribly acne-prone skin, and it really destroys my confidence.
So I recently went into the local pharmacy & spoke to a young woman who 'seemed' to know what she was talking about. After making several rude comments about my skin, she goes on to say that this product wont break me out blah blah blah

A week into using it, my skin has flared up into cystic pimples! They wont go away, they're painful, and no makeup in the world seems to cover them up!!

Do not buy! I payed $85AUS, and what a waste

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Well, I have an oily/acne prone skin! I have tried every single mattifier or oil-free moisturizer to balance the oiliness, do not break me out or clog my pores...
I have to say just one thing about this Lotion, IS NOT FOR OILY SKIN...as the directions say is for normal/combination...Estee Lauder has really great products like the Idealist Line, both Pore Minimizing & Even Skintone Illuminator, or the ANR serums...but the moisturizers?! Not a single one to control-oil or have a benefit to acne/prone skin. Hydrationist Lotion contains corn and coconut oils which clog the pores and a couple of irritating ingredients, made this lotion a bad choice for oily/acne prone skin.
Personally, La Roche Posay Effaclar Line, La Mer Gel & Oil-Free Lotion & Ducray's Keracnyl Line...helped me very much and calmed my irritating skin...
My personal routine?
La Roche Posay Effaclar Gel
Ducray Keracnyl Oil-Control Lotion, Alcohol -Oil-Free
(La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo)
La Mer's The Oil Absorbing Lotion - Oil-Free
Chanel's UV Essentiel SPF 50.

Although?! Estee Lauder always has great cell communicating antioxidants that any brand would be jealous of, this packaging will keep them stable and I am sure that dry/combination skin will love this product...but If you find something that your skin loves and has benefits to you do not change it...furthermore, moisturize and protect your skin from UV rays everyday, are the Best Beauty Secrets...

on 3/6/2013 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dehydrated skin and I needed a product which will solve the problem. I was advised by my cosmetician to buy this (or Murad). Since I was not so familiar with Murad cosmetics I went for more familiar brand such as Estee Lauder. Even if the price was a bit turnoff I deciced that if it works money is not such a big deal. I am using it already for 2 months and I cannot see that 'special effect' I was hoping for. It is a nice product, texture is quite suple with pleasant smell and it absorbs quickly, but if I do not use it for one day my skin feels as same as before. So no lasting effects there. For this price and brand I was hoping for more.

on 3/2/2013 8:44:00 AM

Unfortunately this makes my skin breakout. I love the texture of it though

on 1/3/2013 6:53:00 PM

Lo usé para recuperar la deshidratación en la zona de pómulos que me dejó el hidratante con sodium PCA de Kiehl's. Tengo que decir que la piel recuperó un montón su lozanía y tersura. En 2 semanas tenía la piel mas hidratada y mejor que antes del desastre de piel marchita que me dejó Kiehl's.
No lo volví a comprar porque en general no tengo problemas de deshidratación, pero lo recomiendo mucho para eso.

on 12/21/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the way this feels and makes my face look glowy but it is so heavily fragranced that it makes my eyes water. I've never had that happen before but this stuff is pretty strong. Bummer!

Popular Moisturizers