August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Shampoo - L'Occitane - LOccitane Soothing shampoo for Irritated scalp

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is fine and dry and my scalp is very sensitive. I bought a travel size from this shampoo and could use it really a lot of times, so a little goes a long way. I have mixed feelings about this shampoo, here the pros and cons:

Pro:
*I like the smell, it is natural and earthy
*My hair doesn't become oily to quick
*A little goes a long way
*There is no cocamidopropyl betaine, what is a good thing for my scalp
*There are no silicones
*It gives my hair a little volume

Con:
*It makes my hair a bit dry
*It works okay when my scalp is in balance, but when I have seb. derm. it will not cure that and when my scalp is too sensitive, there are too many irritating ingredients; fragrance, geraniol, citral, limonene, linalool
*It is a bit expensive

So watch out for this shampoo, if you have dandruff or seb. derm. this will not be the cure, because there are no active ingredients to battle that. And if your scalp is sensitive because you cannot tolerate fragrance, than this is also not for you.

For me this is not for every wash, but okay for a few times a week. I don't like the conditioner so much, it has silicones and does not help to battle dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is one of the few shampoos that I can use with confidence on my superfine hair. It does not weigh the hair down and it does an excellent job of cleansing the scalp. The smell is amazing but does not smell artificial. This product is a bit expensive, but works better than a lot of other products on the market for fine hair. I will continue to buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by mrioss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo totally saved my hair. I live in one of the most polluted cities in the world, and this is the only thing that works for me. It's expensive, but it's worth every cent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Occasionally, I get itchy scalp from the humid weather. Ever since I've used this shampoo, it just went away. Other than that it doesn't do much to my hair as I still have dry ends.

The scent is nice and believe it's a low SLS formular as it doesn't lather into bubbles.

However, I do find it too pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by ginasalsabila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the price is not cheap at all, but this shampoo is really really worth to try
but with that bucks and this big bottle it's a little cheap don't you think?
my scalp doesn't feel itchy anymore, my hair smell beautiful,it really give definition to my wavy hair.
and my hair just started oily in like 4 days! that's a record!
if you have itchy and sensitive scalp i really really recommend this!
and go with the conditioner too because sometimes it can get a bit dry

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by fredafreda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only shampoo I could use for my dry scalp.. thanks for the review here.
I have tried a lot anti dandruff shampoo, nothing worked.. this one has no residue left on hair and doesn't have strong perfume smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by bellabaluba

I have been looking for a shampoo that will fit me for a really long time. I have used both high-end products, strong products, mild products, ecological products to cheap ones as well as special shampoos from the pharmacy. This one is the only one that works for me.

I have very long hair that tends to get oily. I also have an occasional dandruff problem, ranging from extreme dryness, itchiness with tiny flakes to big oily flakes that can be plucked off from the scalp. I have tried so many products to combat this problem, and they all seem to work quite ok in the beginning, but after a while all the problems would come back.
After I started using this shampoo my troubles have (almost) gone away and made my hair washing regime much easier. Even though the shampoo contains oils, it does not make my hair oilier. If some days I feel it gets a bit oily, I will use the Volume shampoo from L'Occitane to change it up a bit. Sometimes the dandruff does come back, due to stress and hormones. So if I start to feel a bit of itchiness on my scalp, I would wash my hair with Selukos shampoo (using Selukos every time will dry out my scalp, making the problem worse). After that I can usually go back to L'Occitane's shampoo without any troubles. I have been using this regime for 1,5 years, and I am still very happy with it.

I also use the conditioner from the same series, for the tip of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

This is my 3rd bottle of Loccitane shampoo for sensitive scalps and I have to said it did an amazing job to soothe itchy scalps. I used to have oily seeds and oily dandruff problem. I didn't thought of getting this shampoo until I was introduced by a friendly salesgirl in London Loccitane branch to try. Since other notable brands like Shiseido and Kerasys anti dandruff shampoos did not do the magic, I decided to take a leap of faith and bought it despite the hefty price. I did not scratch my head due to itchiness until now after using this shampoo. Heck, my mom even complimented my hair looked healthier and smelt good! ^^ I just hope that Loccitane will have sales soon so I can replenish my stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne issues (well a few anyways) In my scalp and using this special soothing shampoo and the conditioner for Irritated scalp really subsided my acne problems, No More Itchiness, No breakouts, I highly recommend this for acne prone scalp. smells nice too.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No