Penhaligon's Gardenia

3.3

on 3/4/2013 2:33:00 PM

At first almost too sweet but very quickly dries to a very light, natural and pleasant gardenia. If I dab a bit more, I too get something like nail polish. Low sillage, moderate lasting power. And heat makes it so sweet.

on 9/24/2012 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Gardenia is a beautiful sparkling fragrance and it certainly stands out in the heavy bunch of gardenias out there. At first whiff, I immediately thought "Ellenisia", which is natural, because it comes from the same house and it shares some notes.

Gardenia, in particular, is vibrant, brilliant and kind of fresh. I think it's the rhubarb, which gives a touch of bitterness to the whole, but there's also a relevant touch of green notes to the composition. It's a fresh, feminine and clean fragrance which is ideal for spring days.

on 1/5/2012 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Let me just start this review by saying that I'm not a Penhaligon's fan (which is sad because I love their bottles). I've tried Elixir, Lily and Spice, Bluebell, etc. in an effort to find one that I liked. Amaranthine is the only one that I even almost like. Sadly, with Gardenia it is no different. Alcoholy and watered down. I barely smell even a whisper of gardenia--just a little puff of something that reminds me of floral-scented fingernail polish remover. I'm sure this works for others, but I think perhaps Penhaligon's and I just don't work well together.

Very nice lightly fruity gardenia scent, soft and round, not soapy. Feels poetic and more casual than Chanel Gardenia (which I love too)

Popular Fragrances